DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travel case

Malmp2

Reactions
I’m new to the drone world. Have had several successful first flights and having a blast. However I am looking for a compact yet protective case for my drone and two battery packs as well as camera filters. There are so many choices on-line, hoping to get some direction from this awesome community! Thanks!

Several good posts on here (or one of the sub-forums) related to hard-cases. I'm in the same place you are and looking for options. I like what I see from the GoProfessionalCases product so far and they are going to be updating the case (or coming out with a new version) that can accommodate the Smart Controller if that is important to you as well.

Reactions: tonysvw and ff22
What I use is a B&W type 3000 case, nice and compact plus you can charge your batteries up in the case, only if you have a flymore charging hub, see pic below.

But there’s so many cases on the market, you could also try the “search” button, top right of the page, this is what I’ve found for you Search results for query: Hard case for a M2P

Hope it helps in some way

7248999B-6BB8-40C7-B73C-00DA0E85494B.jpeg

Sorry forgot to say.... welcome to the forum ;)

Reactions: Lefty6815 and ff22
i use the DJI Protector case and am very happy with it. when i was using the regular RC i kept my 8in tablet in the lid under the foam. but now i have the Smart RC. the case accommodates either RC

mavic2pro.jpgmavic2pro2.jpg

it also has a bit a smaller storage under the bird, this is meant for the car charger but yea other stuff fits

45431033_2225843057704634_8131762843960737792_n.jpg

Does anyone travel with large camera, laptop and other electronics in addition to a drone?

What do you use which meet carryon size and weight limits?

Does anyone travel with large camera, laptop and other electronics in addition to a drone?

What do you use which meet carryon size and weight limits?
We travel with a full RED setup; a full underwater kit for same; 4 large lithium batteries & the charger; 4 underwater lights and lithium batteries & chargers for those; a Lumix GH5 kit, with all accessories and full underwater kit...plus laptop, hard drives, Mavic 2,etc., etc. We thus far have managed to carry a backpack that fits in the overhead (but weighs 35-40 pounds!) plus pay large excess baggage fees for all of our kit. Ain't no getting away from massive airline fees :-(!

We travel with a full RED setup; a full underwater kit for same; 4 large lithium batteries & the charger; 4 underwater lights and lithium batteries & chargers for those; a Lumix GH5 kit, with all accessories and full underwater kit...plus laptop, hard drives, Mavic 2,etc., etc. We thus far have managed to carry a backpack that fits in the overhead (but weighs 35-40 pounds!) plus pay large excess baggage fees for all of our kit. Ain't no getting away from massive airline fees :-(!

You pay excess because of the size or the weight of that backpack or both?

I would think you'd want something with padded compartments or at least a hard exterior?

I once found a SLR lens cracked because it was in my camera bag in an overhead bin and people just crammed their bags into the bin and probably crushed that lens.

You pay excess because of the size or the weight of that backpack or both?

I would think you'd want something with padded compartments or at least a hard exterior?

I once found a SLR lens cracked because it was in my camera bag in an overhead bin and people just crammed their bags into the bin and probably crushed that lens.
We pay the excess on checked baggage. Our backpacks are very well padded and have been around the world for 15+ years without issue. We've been lucky that so far we've been able to bring the backpacks onboard with us. We don't use the external pouches but this in the pack: f.64BPX Extra Large Backpack (Gray)

The packs are narrow & not deep, so fit all of our gear and still fit in overheads with plenty of room. With all of the lithiums we now have to carry, it is a massive pain to do so. The better part of our backpack contents is thus batteries. Camera gear (for which we pay excess) is packed in Think Tank or Storm cases with custom padded cutouts and we've never had a problem. Whew!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview