DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Travel to Philippines with Mavic

nemesis3

Reactions
Are there any issues with taking the Mavic to the Philippines on my vacation? I read some older articles of people with Phantoms having problems at customs.

From what I can see the Mavic is considered a small RPA (under 7kg) therefore doesn't need registering nor a license for non-commercial use?

Has anyone else recently take one to the Philippines? Any issues with international or domestic flights?

Hi, I've done a lot of research on this as I intend to take my Mavic (once it arrives) to Bali which isnt far from the Philippines.

You'll need to look at the regulations for that area as everywhere is different. Also, I've read that in some rare cases, customs have taken drones from people and not returned them until they leave the country. I dont have the exact details but it would seem that it is more likely to be taken away from you if customs believes that its a product that you intend to sell in the country.

My only advice would be not to carry the drone in the box it came in...Not that you would do that anyway.

Hi, I've done a lot of research on this as I intend to take my Mavic (once it arrives) to Bali which isnt far from the Philippines.

You'll need to look at the regulations for that area as everywhere is different. Also, I've read that in some rare cases, customs have taken drones from people and not returned them until they leave the country. I dont have the exact details but it would seem that it is more likely to be taken away from you if customs believes that its a product that you intend to sell in the country.

My only advice would be not to carry the drone in the box it came in...Not that you would do that anyway.

What have you found regarding Bali and Indonesia? Heading there shortly, and interested to see your take on it - seems pretty straight forwards to me?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven