DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling on an Airplane with your Mavic Pro

I just traveled from Florida (American Airlines) to California, then to Australia (Qantas), then to my final destination on Jetstar (I cannot recommend this airline, one of those code share type deals). I went through three security checkpoints during this trip with my Mavic packed in a small backpack as carry on with four spare batteries and the controller... that backpack itself was packed inside a bigger backpack. Nobody batted an eyelid, straight on through!

Reactions: Rbruz and Ikopta
I just traveled from Florida (American Airlines) to California, then to Australia (Qantas), then to my final destination on Jetstar (I cannot recommend this airline, one of those code share type deals). I went through three security checkpoints during this trip with my Mavic packed in a small backpack as carry on with four spare batteries and the controller... that backpack itself was packed inside a bigger backpack. Nobody batted an eyelid, straight on through!
Good to hear. Using them to Vancouver via Dallas in Feb

I am heading from YYZ to MDT right now, at the gate and the security screener could not have cared less

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

Reactions: Rbruz and ISLANDER
I will be flying to Germany soon, and I hope to take a long my new Mavic during the trip. I have tried to contact United Airlines to ask them about it, but for the life of me, I can't find a contact number to call. According to everything I have seen, TSA will allow drones, as long as the passenger uses common sense and follows all the protocols. I was just wondering if anyone has flown with their drone to and from Frankfurt recently, and if they have any words of advice.

Thank you!!

Have travelled with the mavic all over Mexico and the USA with no issues with any airline or TSA agents . Just had my FAA reg card with me and had the spares in lipomsafe bags .

Reactions: Odinbear and Rbruz
I bought my Mavic while in Greece. I travelled to Washington state by way of Athens, Frankfurt, San Francisco, and finally Seattle.

Then my return to Greece by way of Maryland, El Paso, Frankfurt, and back to Athens.

I had my Mavic inside the case from the bundle with a battery in each side pocket and one installed in the drone.

All four propellers were on.

Not one time did any screener ask me what it was or asked to see it.

I was very surprised!

(Oh I forgot to say that the drone case was inside my carry-on backpack with a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, a tablet, and other assorted wiring and gadgets)

Reactions: Rbruz
They could not care less. Flew to Vegas from Toronto today with zero interest. Last battery is charging and then off to Red Rock Canyon

i confirm everything CLEAN .. my route was( in several days ..) Hong Kong to SHANGHAI ...
from Shanghai to Seoul (they just asked me to see the extra battery+ power bank
from Seoul to Italy !
none cared about the drone !!!Everything with me on board !

from Detroit to CO no one even seemed slightly concerned. glad I got one trial, headed to coasta rica in a few weeks that will be the test.

UK to Caribbean with British Airways, no problems at all, checked the local drone rules and regulations before travelling.

X-Ray machine at Gatwick sailed through, not quite so sophisticated in the Caribbean, had to scan the Mavic in it's travel case separately but no issues.

I just called Turkish Airlines (trip to Greece) and they told me they do not allow drone baggage. Does anybody have any suggestions on alternative shipping?

Reactions: CivamRop
I just called Turkish Airlines (trip to Greece) and they told me they do not allow drone baggage. Does anybody have any suggestions on alternative shipping?
What a pain in the *** - I'd suggest taking your business elsewhere, however if that's not an option I guess you could ship it UPS or similar both ways but probably at considerable cost and risk of difficulty collecting without documentation showing you're the person at your (temporary) shipping address in Greece.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78