DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling on an Airplane with your Mavic Pro

Back from Turkey.
Bad news, I decided at the final hour not to take Mavic.
Note: Exiting Dalaman airport there were random bag searches on leaving the airport. I had planned to have carried my drone on me so no questions.

Note: departing At the gate back home all carry on bags where searched prior to boarding and i was body scanned and patted down. (no hiding anything in my pockets!)

Next time I will post my battery back to me if no changes in security.

Note: I read that Turkish Airlines have banned drones on/in the plane

Reactions: SeaFox
Flew across the US today with my Mavic in a backpack as carry on. TSA didn't seem concerned about it at all. Just removed the extra batteries and put them in their own box. They did inspect my brass pen though.

Reactions: Rbruz
Just traveled from Norway to Singapore via Doha, Qatar. Had the Mavic and all accessorys in my carry on and had no problems.
Bag was scanned in Norway and in Doha with no reaction from the security.

I know drones are banned/regulated in Qatar, so I would not risk bringing it if that was my final destination, but transit is no problem.

Traveled from Switzerland to Greece and back for Easter holiday. Had 2 batteries at 30% , RC at 50%. No issues at all in both airports.

Check the website for allowable carry on. I highly doubt the phone agent has any idea what they're talking about. Batteries cannot be checked on almost all airlines. They must be carried on. I pack mine in a bag with other camera gear and have never been asked a question. I don't leave a battery in the MP and I remove the props.

Check the website for allowable carry on. I highly doubt the phone agent has any idea what they're talking about. Batteries cannot be checked on almost all airlines. They must be carried on. I pack mine in a bag with other camera gear and have never been asked a question. I don't leave a battery in the MP and I remove the props.

+1 on the props , did the same.

Back from Turkey.
Bad news, I decided at the final hour not to take Mavic.
Note: Exiting Dalaman airport there were random bag searches on leaving the airport. I had planned to have carried my drone on me so no questions.

Note: departing At the gate back home all carry on bags where searched prior to boarding and i was body scanned and patted down. (no hiding anything in my pockets!)

Next time I will post my battery back to me if no changes in security.

Note: I read that Turkish Airlines have banned drones on/in the plane
hi there! Can you pls tell me where it says Turkish banned drones on the plane?

What a pain in the *** - I'd suggest taking your business elsewhere, however if that's not an option I guess you could ship it UPS or similar both ways but probably at considerable cost and risk of difficulty collecting without documentation showing you're the person at your (temporary) shipping address in Greece.
UPS will not air ship Lipo batteries

Flew LAX to Panama City, carry on backpack with one battery in the bird 4 others in bag along with ipad and full dslr etc not an issue, how ever tsa fuucked me on my two isup that had a handpump in the checked bag, they claimed it was hazardous [emoji49]
cc716d2747511639280370a2b8be167a.jpg

So ruinued my surfing gf is coming down now hope she gets the pump on and we can surf the second week ;/)

However the mavic flew great

Torio Panama Horse Beach Run | SkyPixel.com

Just flew from DFW to Honolulu with my Mavic in a hard case with 5 batteries. They didn't even open the case.

Hello, I'm traveling to hongkong from Manila Philippines this weekend. Is the MAVIC allowed as a carry-on?

Thank you.

Happy to report on flight back from Panama I had zippo issues and even had to go threw two security xrays to get back to USA all good 5 batteries ipad mini and a grip of dslr in two carry on's

12fb0a362b5d63a8ffef11a728fc315f.jpg

Same thing here. Just came back from a 2week vacay in Europe. TSA and Frankfurt equivalent of a TSA didn't bat an eye. Went thru X-rays and customs with MP in my carry on. No problems whatsoever.

Last week had flight to brasil from Amsterdam an two flights within brasil. Only in Amsterdam I had to take everything out an show every single thing an explain. I brasil they didnt look twice.
Travel with the mavic in carry on an lipos stored in lipo bag.

Reactions: woodentom
Air New Zealand has no issue, flew into Argentina for holiday, didn't declare the Mavic even thought its more then 300USD...no issue

I have to wonder how much has to do with how inconspicuous the Mavic is compared to other drones. I mean the MP folds down into a nondescript and probably less threatening looking package than say... a Phantom.

I have to wonder how much has to do with how inconspicuous the Mavic is compared to other drones. I mean the MP folds down into a nondescript and probably less threatening looking package than say... a Phantom.

It definitely will attract less attention then an phantom or inspire wish are both almost impossible to take as carry on without being found up on.

But in my case i must say schiphol(amsterdam) always want to see every inch of my bag an every piece of electronic separately every singel time again. Its funny how much difference there is in security search in some countries its almost nothing an some its borderline incriminating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143