DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trimming of video footage (mac os)

Gotcha

Reactions
The old title "Raw cut of video footage" was maybe misleading.

As I read here, a lot of you including myself record video during the whole flight. I just stop if I want to take stills.
Sometimes out of a 15 minute flight only one minute is worth keeping.
To save disk space and even more important to find that scene later again it helps to get rid of the rest.
QuickTime can do that but unfortunately it is only able to save it as 1080p max. If one records at 2.7k or 4K it is recoded to 1080p.
Is there other software around which does not touch the parts of a video I want to keep and just cuts away the rest?

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesw
Am I the only one wanting to decimate the raw material to the good parts before creating a video clip consisting of several scenes from different flights?
Just isolating good footage from boring scenes without recoding the video.
Like QuickTime just up to 4K and no recoding.

Good question actually. I currently save it all on the mac to when i start editing, but 4K stuff takes up a lot of disk space. Was thinking of doing the same with quicktime, didn't realize it saves at 1080p.

I save all of it and enjoy playing through all of it and clipping in post. I don't want to ever forget mid flight that I didn't record :)

I use FCPX for post and have external RAID for storage. With my workflow I retain all of the raw footage and can quickly hide the parts I don't want to use before doing any processing.

Investing in good storage is important for good post processing. I'm using a good MacBook Pro and with the Thunderbolt RAID and it handles 4K video easily.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000