DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trip to Huntington Beach - can I fly? Seeking Local knowledge

Trivan

Reactions
will be heading to HB for a few days. I’ve been doing some research on if taking off and flying on the beach is allowed. I only found the following from the city:
City of Huntington Beach, CA - Huntington Beach Drone Information

Based on this, it does seems as long as one follows the recreational rules it’s allowed. I also found a number of post from 2017 where people say police have given them trouble.
I plan to fly early in the morning, over water, is this allowed?

I've flown drones on the beach twice without any issues. However, I was there for a special event which had a permit to rope off two fields. I don't think that would change anything though. I flew in 2016 and again in 2018.

Reactions: vproven
I’ve flow down there at dog beach just a little north of HB. no problems as it was kinda early. One guy sat and watched me for a little bit. I think he was amazed. I fly a spark btw but thinking of switching to the air. I think if I had something like a phantom people would react a little different. Btw. Those of you that fly or own the air how do you like it.

Thanks all. I’m back home now. I didn’t get to fly as when I had time the winds were to strong ☹️

Tallest building in Huntington Beach, California, as seen from the air. Video from a recent flight of my DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone.

This was my first attempt at shooting video on D-Log/H.265.

Reactions: Djr01974
Oh no. Ive been flying the DJI Spark for almost a year now. She flies great and video is super clear. I've taken quite a few videos. I really was looking at getting something with longer flight time and distance although I was able to get just about a mile and half out of her. I don't really fly far away but knowing that I can and have a stable connection ie ,occusync and fly for a long while is great. I was on the fence between the pro and air. I love the size of the air, but its also WIFI. Once i had the Pro laid out on the kitchen table she isn't really that big.

Oh no. Ive been flying the DJI Spark for almost a year now. She flies great and video is super clear. I've taken quite a few videos. I really was looking at getting something with longer flight time and distance although I was able to get just about a mile and half out of her. I don't really fly far away but knowing that I can and have a stable connection ie ,occusync and fly for a long while is great. I was on the fence between the pro and air. I love the size of the air, but its also WIFI. Once i had the Pro laid out on the kitchen table she isn't really that big.
We'll have to go fly around the pier area soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS