DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripltek as monitor with the DJI RC Pro

May not be of any interest, if you're goal is using the Tripltek on hand then this is a wonderful solution.

If you're wanting additional features on the 2nd screen... focus peaking, zoom/crop, color and LUT control, at twice the NITs @ 2200... might want to examine the monitor link in post #7, the FreeWorld LUT7.

This would provide more cinematography input. If DLog or Cine model, you can install the LUT you use in processing to the above monitor, check color or light range, or peak focus & crop into desired area for visual.

Plus lightweight, no capture driver/app, and easily used on other cameras.

May not be of any interest, if you're goal is using the Tripltek on hand then this is a wonderful solution.

If you're wanting additional features on the 2nd screen... focus peaking, zoom/crop, color and LUT control, at twice the NITs @ 2200... might want to examine the monitor link in post #7, the FreeWorld LUT7.

This would provide more cinematography input. If DLog or Cine model, you can install the LUT you use in processing to the above monitor, check color or light range, or peak focus & crop into desired area for visual.

Plus lightweight, no capture driver/app, and easily used on other cameras.
I used to have that setup but the screen on the Freeworld is not sharp , the maximum brightness is not useful because the screen becomes washout, not to mention how hot it gets and how fast it eats the batteries., the Tripltek is a much better display hands down

Last edited:
I used to have that setup but the screen on the Freeworld is not sharp , the maximum brightness is not useful because the screen becomes washout, not to mention how hot it gets and how fast it eats the batteries., hands down the Tripltek is a much better display
Interesting, some FreeWorlds get poor reviews, others great.
Which model did you have? The LUT6 has a fan too.

From multiple reviews, the LUT7 gets very good reviews. Highly commented for image in direct sunlight, sharpeness and your comment of washout is the first I've seen. Battery life, yep that has been indicated to use fast at higher NITs.

Last edited:
Feelworld Lut 7. It ate 2 batteries in one hour at 50-60% brightness
That's an oddity... against dozens reviews.
1 battery at 100% was avg 1.5-2hr and dual avg 4.

Sorry to hear, I'll see what my results are when received.

Waiting for my $99 LifThor RC-Pro mount, but here's what it looks like on the SC and the RC-Pro. Have not flown on the RC-Pro yet, but on the SC it had no noticeable lag. I get about 70 minutes @100% (2200 nits) per battery on the FeelWorld 7" FW279 ($229 at B&H). I also use this setup on my DSLR/tripod mounted.
Much lighter than a tablet for flying.

20190921_103549b.jpg 20220204_055830.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dougcjohn
Waiting for my $99 LifThor RC-Pro mount, but here's what it looks like on the SC and the RC-Pro. Have not flown on the RC-Pro yet, but on the SC it had no noticeable lag. I get about 70 minutes @100% (2200 nits) per battery on the FeelWorld 7" FW279 ($229 at B&H). I also use this setup on my DSLR/tripod mounted.

View attachment 143376 View attachment 143377

Looks super! Have you noticed any wash out due to brightness? All reviews shows extremely nice in direct sunlight.
Same setup LifThor shows on their site and sells both FW279 & LUT7.

Your observations are on par with dozens of reviews... many professionals indicating the FW279 and LUT7 are great monitors. LUT7 gains touch screen... both appear to be nice monitors.

Looks super! Have you noticed any wash out due to brightness? All reviews shows extremely nice in direct sunlight.
Same setup LifThor shows on their site and sells both FW279 & LUT7.

Your observations are on par with dozens of reviews... many professionals indicating the FW279 and LUT7 are great monitors. LUT7 gains touch screen... both appear to be nice monitors.
The left photo has the sun coming over my shoulder and you can see my shadow on the screen as well as the area exposed to the sun. My experience is that there is very little washout. Nothing like my phone or tablet screen. You might have also noticed I use the monitor for camera view without flight information cluttering the screen.

The left photo has the sun coming over my shoulder and you can see my shadow on the screen as well as the area exposed to the sun. My experience is that there is very little washout. Nothing like my phone or tablet screen. You might have also noticed I use the monitor for camera view without flight information cluttering the screen.
Nice to hear comment on washout, again similar to revewers but Practical Pilot usage is positive reinforcement.

I did notice one shot showing 2nd monitor with clean view. That's FeelWorld setting removing all screen values correct or is that a setting to send camera view within RC Pro?

Last edited:
Nice to here comment on washout, again similar to revewers but Practical Pilot usage is positive reinforcement.

I did notice one shot showing 2nd monitor with clean view. That's FeelWorld setting removing all screen values correct or is that a setting to send camera view within RC Pro?
It's a setting on the SC.

Nice to here comment on washout, again similar to revewers but Practical Pilot usage is positive reinforcement.

Guys, I think we are hijacking this thread. the thread is about the Tripltek and the RC PRO, this should be on a different thread, just my opinion

It tis... and a few posts suggesting alternatives to consider.
Which is what you reacted too... so that was clarified.

Back to main discussion...

Well. I guess the Tripltek is a very good solution. I really need a bigger screen size.

I've been looking at both 279 and LUT7 7".... the LUT 7 is touch screen and a few more features... leaning towards it but very nice to read your positive comment.

How do you feel on screen latency... I understand practically not existing?
I only use it when I'm in very bright conditions and it's hard to see the standard screen. I have not had that need for several months so I'll have to take a look and pay attention to any lag. I don't recall seeing anything that has jumped out at me though.

I only use it when I'm in very bright conditions and it's hard to see the standard screen. I have not had that need for several months so I'll have to take a look and pay attention to any lag. I don't recall seeing anything that has jumped out at me though.
Your experience on battery life, washout, overheating?

If any interest to all:
Communicated with LifThor, he's indicated he's happy to provide a discounted package price for kit: RCPRO mount, Tablet Quick Release, Tripltek tablet Block Mount, and choice of FreeWorld 7" monitors. He'll put together a price and send later today. I'm leaning to the LUT 7 Pro 7 that includes a mount that the optional wireless transmitter can mount... about $20+ to LUT7 retail.

Reactions: PAW
I have the Andycine 2200 Nit HDMI monitor mounted on the Lifthor Smart Controller bracket. I've changed the quick disconnect between the two to the KondorBlue quick disconnect as it's a lower profile. the 2200 nits is fantastic for here in Arizona. I do have the Tripltek 8Pro mounted on the standard controller with the lifthor bracket but it's only 1200 Nits, but it's better than any other tablet.

Reactions: jforester
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka