DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripltek Connection Issues

siman406

Reactions
Was flying yesterday evening about 3500 feet out with the Tripltek 8 when the tripltek screen froze and then a return to home started. As the drone was flying back the screen stayed frozen but I was able to take control and use the sticks as it landed. Has anyone had any issues like this. Not sure why the screen stayed frozen typically with my phone if it obtains a reconnection on the RTH you see the camera feed show back up. Thanks.

My Tripltek is in the mail so I am just commenting so I will get notice of other replies. I have done a lot of research and at the very least I can say this is not a common issue or has not come up in any of the web posts/videos that I have seen (a lot).

Today the fly app is telling me there is an update and firmware update as well to the Air2S. I am guessing maybe that had something to do with it

I have used the Tripteck 7 pro and upgraded to the 8 pro. I haven't had any problems. Perhaps try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fly app

I had a situation similar... about 3700 feet out. Lost signal,
RTH activated.
At the time I was on flat ground, there were some trees between
me and the drone.
But the drone was probably 30 feet off the ground.

As the drone approached the set RTH 180feet above ground my signal came back (screen signal).

So my question would be if there were any obstacles between you and the drone
and how high was the RTH set.

It doesn't sound quite the same but someone was mentioning issues they were suddenly having with the Tripltek losing a video signal after 15-18 minutes:

Was flying yesterday evening about 3500 feet out with the Tripltek 8 when the tripltek screen froze and then a return to home started. As the drone was flying back the screen stayed frozen but I was able to take control and use the sticks as it landed. Has anyone had any issues like this. Not sure why the screen stayed frozen typically with my phone if it obtains a reconnection on the RTH you see the camera feed show back up. Thanks.
Have you resolved the problem now? If so what fixed it?
I have a DJI Mini 3 Pro, RC-N1 controller & Tripltek 8 inch Pro tablet, and have an issue where the screen turns black randomly during the flight. It happens completely at random, anything from a couple of minutes to 20+ minutes, and distance/signal/interference is not the issue, as I have tested in different locations, miles from any source of interference, and it still happened, even when the drone was just a few feet away.

Thanks

Have you resolved the problem now? If so what fixed it?
I have a DJI Mini 3 Pro, RC-N1 controller & Tripltek 8 inch Pro tablet, and have an issue where the screen turns black randomly during the flight. It happens completely at random, anything from a couple of minutes to 20+ minutes, and distance/signal/interference is not the issue, as I have tested in different locations, miles from any source of interference, and it still happened, even when the drone was just a few feet away.

Thanks
I would contact Tripltek support. You may have a defective unit

Reactions: Steve_UK_M4P
I already have contacted Tripltek support, and they have told me that nobody else has reported this issue.
Which app are you using? DJI Fly or Go4? Have you tried removing the app and reinstalling it?

Thanks for the advice.
So far I have replaced the lead five times now, including trying a brand new stock DJI lead, and a brand new dedicated Tripltek one, plus some more expensive ones. I've been round in circles with DJI and Tripltek, but getting nowhere. Tripltek think it's a drone issue, but the issue doesn't happen if I test with a phone that is recognised as "compatible" by DJI.
Plus I have a Mini 2 and a Mini 3 Pro, and two RC-N1 controllers, and the issue happens with the Tripltek with both drones and both controllers.
I'm using the latest version DJI fly app (downloaded and installed directly from the DJI download centre.
Also everything is up to date firmware wise (updated using DJI Assistant 2).
I've even factory reset the Tripltek, and literally just installed the DJI Fly app nothing else.
I'm struggling to work out what is causing the issue, and thought I'd reach out to the drone community to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue, and if they found a solution.

Thanks for the advice.
So far I have replaced the lead five times now, including trying a brand new stock DJI lead, and a brand new dedicated Tripltek one, plus some more expensive ones. I've been round in circles with DJI and Tripltek, but getting nowhere. Tripltek think it's a drone issue, but the issue doesn't happen if I test with a phone that is recognised as "compatible" by DJI.
Plus I have a Mini 2 and a Mini 3 Pro, and two RC-N1 controllers, and the issue happens with the Tripltek with both drones and both controllers.
I'm using the latest version DJI fly app (downloaded and installed directly from the DJI download centre.
Also everything is up to date firmware wise (updated using DJI Assistant 2).
I've even factory reset the Tripltek, and literally just installed the DJI Fly app nothing else.
I'm struggling to work out what is causing the issue, and thought I'd reach out to the drone community to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue, and if they found a solution.
Sounds like you have exhausted all the troubleshooting I could suggest. When I had the 7 Pro version, I had to do a factory reset because there was a conflict between the DJI Fly app and another app. Having done that and running only the DJ Fly app with the same results is very puzzling. Have you had the Tripltek tablet longer than the warranty expiration date? If not, I think I would send it back for a replacement.

Sounds like you have exhausted all the troubleshooting I could suggest. When I had the 7 Pro version, I had to do a factory reset because there was a conflict between the DJI Fly app and another app. Having done that and running only the DJ Fly app with the same results is very puzzling. Have you had the Tripltek tablet longer than the warranty expiration date? If not, I think I would send it back for a replacement.
I purchased the Tripltek 8 in January, so it is still within the warranty period. However it has worked perfectly well for six months, then the issues started in June. Around that time there was a Tripltek wireless update, there was also firmware updates for the DJI Mini 2 and Mini 3 Pro, plus there were several DJI Fly app updates too. I suspect it has something to do with an update or a setting, as some Tripltek users have the issue, but lots don't. I'm struggling to figure out what is causing the issue, which is why I'm reaching out to the wider drone community.

I purchased the Tripltek 8 in January, so it is still within the warranty period. However it has worked perfectly well for six months, then the issues started in June. Around that time there was a Tripltek wireless update, there was also firmware updates for the DJI Mini 2 and Mini 3 Pro, plus there were several DJI Fly app updates too. I suspect it has something to do with an update or a setting, as some Tripltek users have the issue, but lots don't. I'm struggling to figure out what is causing the issue, which is why I'm reaching out to the wider drone community.
It is possible that your problem will be resolved in a future firmware update. It is also possible that it will not. Getting a tablet replacement wouldn't hurt either way.

I experienced connection issues during about 3 of my first 8-9 flights. I solved it simply by replacing the USB cord. I use these:

never had a problem after starting to use them, and they are great type-c-->type-c charging cords. They are a little long but I just rubber band a section to keep the cord under control. They are also much easier to plug into the RC-N1 because they don't have that awkward 90 degree offset

but it sounds like your problems are a lot more complex and tablet related

I think the Tripltek is a great control screen, It's also a just nice tablet. When I use it as a tablet I have to dial down the screen brightness though

one other thing: I let the Tripltek format all the micro-sd cards I use in my drones. If I don't it won't recognize the card if I plug it into the USB port. The Triplteks GPU isn't quite powerful enough to play 4K video smoothly. 2.7K and 1080 are no problem though. But it is powerful enough that you can at least review 4k and gauge if you're recording with good settings

It is possible that your problem will be resolved in a future firmware update. It is also possible that it will not. Getting a tablet replacement wouldn't hurt either way.
**UPDATE**
Through lots of research, and working with other drone users who have a DJI Mini 3 Pro & Tripltek 8 Pro tablet, making lots of tests and discussing results, we have established that the "black screen issue" is not random after all, it actually only happens after using one of the focus modes such as Spotlight or POI. The strange thing is that it doesn't happen straight away (in tests it takes about 10 to 35 seconds after you exit the mode). We have also found that the issue only appears to happen with the Mini 3 Pro after one of the DJI firmware updates that were sent out in June.
We have also found that if you do get the black screen issue, if you then click on "album", then click back, the video is restored within a few seconds

Was out flying tonight and had the problem come up again after 5 minutes or so. Thankfully was just directly overhead about 350' AGL. Screen was frozen but still had control of the drone so was able to land. Changed to a different cord, restarted everything and popped up again. After a few minutes same thing, disconnected error, screen frozen but still had control of the drone. I have recently updated to the fly app 1.7.4. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Everything is updated to the most recent firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato