DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripod mode missing? UPDATED with possible fix.

I think I figured it out.

Go to - Main Controller Settings
Turn off - Multiple Flight Modes

You should see Tripod mode appear. Toggle on and off "Multiple Flight Modes" and you'll see Tripod mode appear and disappear.

Solved.

I think I figured it out.

You should see Tripod mode appear. Toggle on and off "Multiple Flight Modes" and you'll see Tripod mode appear and disappear.

Solved.
So this was discussed earlier in the thread but this is not the fix. Yes you do need to have this turned on. But in my case and I think others on here even with the "Multiple flight modes" turned on it still does not show up. I noticed while flying yesterday that tripod mode was NOT available at the begginging but then about 10 min into the flight it randomly showed up. Making me believe it was based on the number of satellites But... Then realized that later when I had less satellites tripod mode showed up again randomly. So I still don't understand why it comes and goes at random... But check back periodically while flying to see if it shows up.

So this was discussed earlier in the thread but this is not the fix. Yes you do need to have this turned on. But in my case and I think others on here even with the "Multiple flight modes" turned on it still does not show up. I noticed while flying yesterday that tripod mode was NOT available at the begginging but then about 10 min into the flight it randomly showed up. Making me believe it was based on the number of satellites But... Then realized that later when I had less satellites tripod mode showed up again randomly. So I still don't understand why it comes and goes at random... But check back periodically while flying to see if it shows up.

My apologies, I read through the whole forum and must of missed this solution. I will keep playing with it over the coming weeks to see if even with "Multiple Flight Modes" turned OFF if tripod mode disappears on me. To me it makes sense that if you have the sport mode button enabled that tripod mode would disable to lower the risk of crashes. So... in theory if you're in tripod mode and accidentally hit sport mode on then you could easily crash indoors.

Reactions: Skyler
I am new to the Mavic Pro. My Mavic has NEVER had Tripod Mode. I was hoping to use it. Any solutions yet? Oops, just saw this solution

I am new to the Mavic Pro. My Mavic has NEVER had Tripod Mode. I was hoping to use it. Any solutions yet? Oops, just saw this solution

hmmm... I tried this it did not change anything for me...

So after talking with support they suggested Restoring Factory defaults. I could not actually find that, BUT I did find the Restore Factory Default CAMERA settings and tried that and for some reason that worked... Not sure if it will continue to work but for now Tripod mode is back... so I guess its working for now.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
I've had my Mavic since about Dec and this has been a ongoing issue. I have done all the updates but the Tri-pod mode is a mystery. Sometimes it shows up but most of the time it is not there. Pretty frustrating because it is a great feature that I've used a number of times. If anyone has new info on this front it would much appreciated.

Iphone 6s Plus iOS 10.2.1

Thanks

I've had my Mavic since about Dec and this has been a ongoing issue. I have done all the updates but the Tri-pod mode is a mystery. Sometimes it shows up but most of the time it is not there. Pretty frustrating because it is a great feature that I've used a number of times. If anyone has new info on this front it would much appreciated.

Iphone 6s Plus iOS 10.2.1

Thanks

I also have the 6s... I'm wondering if there is a connection there.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
I have the same problem so what I use to do is: Turn on controller then Mavic and lastly Go App and Tripod mode would appear. If I started the Go App before the Mavic for some reason it would be missing.

Alan

I have an IPhone 7 I tried as well and same issue. I did however delete and reinstalled app and it popped up- who knows- but when I did reinstall app it prompted me to download the latest app 4 and that the older app would not support Mavic or P4 after Feb of this year-

I was missing gesture and tripod mode. A reset of camera settings restored them.

I have been having the same problem and realize there is a flight mode on the side of the remote P-S- and Tripod mode. It seems with the new remote the software doesnt include this mode anymore and is now a hard button. Could this be it? I will fly today and get back to you guys.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert