DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripod mode not slowing down

john2k

Reactions
When I select tripod mode and I push the sticks to the max, the drone is not slow at making that movement. It seems to be exactly the same as without tripod mode. I e got my exp and sensitivity adjusted so I can make slow movements if I go slow on the sticks but sometimes it's nice to be able to not worry about the sticks effecting the speed hence why I want to use tripod mode. Also, is tripod mode supposed to hold a better hover position?

As usual, you need to look at recorded flight data to get some clues on what's going on.
Also, is tripod mode supposed to hold a better hover position?
Despite the name, Tripod Mode doesn't hold the drone any better,
It just slows down the speed and joystick sensitivity.

As usual, you need to look at recorded flight data to get some clues on what's going on.

Despite the name, Tripod Mode doesn't hold the drone any better,
It just slows down the speed and joystick sensitivity.

But it doesn't seem to be slowing mines down at all. I've even tried cinematic mode which is also supposed to be slow but not slowing down. How do I look at the data?

Cinematic slows braking only to give smoother movement, you have to watch that if flying normal speed, it won't pull up like normal mode.
If you post your logs as advised, it should show if it is going into tripod mode, or not . . . if not, there is either some problem with your bird, or you're not engaging it correctly somehow.

It should show if it is going into tripod mode, or not . . . if not, there is either some problem with your bird, or you're not engaging it correctly somehow.

It's definitely entering tripod mode because it says it's in tripod mode on the top bar and also has the button to stop the mode. I'll try and post the log data later. Also when I viewed flight in the DJI app it showed that it entered tripod mode. Maybe I'm expecting it to be slower than it is but it definitely seems very fast. Is it supposed to be slow in all directions of left and right sticks?

Maybe I'm expecting it to be slower than it is but it definitely seems very fast.
When we see the data that will show how fast the drone is flying rather than how fast it seems to be flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman