DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tripod Mode Seems Fast on Mavic Air 2?

I started a thread on this already.

I tried the recycle and there was no change with my drone. I think the tripod mode is plenty usable but it is a little fast. I tried a 180 degree pan of the horizon at an altitude of around 200 ft. It was very easy to keep very slow. but in my humble opinion that's a butt ugly shot to begin with. I doubt if the grand tetons would look all that good.

When I first got it the tripod mode seem just right. Slow. smooth and steady. But since the last update it did appear to be a lot faster. I really have never used the tripod mode other than to test it out. But it would be nice to have to shoot a shot on the fly. Being able to quickly flip the toggle and have the speed and gimble preset is really nice.

I also would like it to have distinct characteristics tailored for slow shots.

ttfarm

I just talked with DJI and they said you can change the speed of Tripod Mode by going to the Main Controller Settings and then go into Multiple Flight Modes and from there you can change the speed from 5m/second to 1m/second to slow down Tripod Mode.
Thanks for the resolution.

I just talked with DJI and they said you can change the speed of Tripod Mode by going to the Main Controller Settings and then go into Multiple Flight Modes and from there you can change the speed from 5m/second to 1m/second to slow down Tripod Mode.
Hmmm if true that’s really freaking interesting meaning great!

Maybe I’m just being thick, but I can’t find those settings anywhere!

Maybe I’m just being thick, but I can’t find those settings anywhere!
Check under "Advanced Gimbal Settings" in the Control tab in the settings menu.

Check under "Advanced Gimbal Settings" in the Control tab in the settings menu.
Ah, I think I misunderstood what was being adjusted. I thought we were talking about the actual max forward flight speed, but I guess this topic is about the gimbal speed

Ah, I think I misunderstood what was being adjusted. I thought we were talking about the actual max forward flight speed, but I guess this topic is about the gimbal speed

No, you understood correctly the first time. DJI for some odd reason put flight settings in that section as well. (check the Yaw options there)

Reactions: InvisibleName
I think what is meant here is how the aircraft responds to the right stick. It acts no different than normal. The tripod mode has been a very slow mode capable to moving the aircraft around VERY slowly. What is this not the case with the tripod/cinesmooth setting on the MA2?

Reactions: hiflyer201
I only see two settings for pitch and two settings for yaw. I don't see a setting for forward speed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prits_uk2002