DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Mode Setting Bug

boredom.is.me

Reactions
I noticed it a few days when I was trying to get some tight quarters video. Looking at the controller, it was in the correct "T" position, but it was way too responsive. At first, I thought it was just a new product bug that would be patched out. Then I realized it on my next flight. It doesn't matter what mode you start the flight with. All three settings are somewhat mashed together. You have to cycle through the positions every time there is a power up to properly activate different flight modes. Has anyone else noticed this?

I might have.

I know I have always set the RC to tripod mode when I done flying and packs everything down.

But as I read the thread about the speed in tripod mode I went to Airdata to look at my flight logs and remarkably in all of them all of them after take-off the mode is switched to P-GPS mode and none to tripod mode although it acknowledges changes I have made later on during the flight.

Which I may double check next time I am able to fly to make sure that it is not making the change from tripod to normal on the RC I will fly around, land and cycle the power.

It is a indeed bug. If you power up in tripod mode, the display actually shows 'tripod mode' , but flying speed is in fact normal. Only after you switch to normal mode and right back to tripod mode, tripod mode is really activated.

Reactions: Max L
Yep, knowing is more than enough to "fix" the issue, but it's one of those things that should have never happened. It messed up two quick opportunities for me.

It is not a bug all dji aircraft do this, its for safety.

I think the tripod mode is to fast in general, 5m/s is like 10 or 11 mph... They need to bring that max speed down by at lease half that in tripod mode.

The need too give us waypoints & course lock in video mode back also...

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d