DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble Livestreaming to YouTube, RTMP

7KJT7Y2I

Reactions
I'm using DJI GO 4 with a Mavic 2 Pro.

I have no problem streaming to Facebook. It works great.

I'm having trouble with YouTube: I can sign in, but when I go to start it, fill in the necessary info, and hit "go live", I'm given an error: It's the screenshot that says "JSON-RPC Protocol support is deprecated"

When I pick RTMP (I want to set it up to broadcast to Periscope/Twitter), I hit 'next' and the app crashes.

I attached screenshots

Any help? I'm assuming this is the kind of thing that'll be fixed in an update.

GDEVTGk.png
XMyEvGk.png

Haven't live streamed to Youtube in 5 years from my DJI, but understand now you can't without set number of subscribers..believe you must have at least 1000 but don't quote me. Not that that is your issue per say. The Mavic 2 Pro is over 2 years old and any update for such a issue on their end would have already been fixed, well unless they broke something on last firmware update.

Reactions: Thomas B
Haven't live streamed to Youtube in 5 years from my DJI, but understand now you can't without set number of subscribers..believe you must have at least 1000 but don't quote me. Not that that is your issue per say. The Mavic 2 Pro is over 2 years old and any update for such a issue on their end would have already been fixed, well unless they broke something on last firmware update.

Wow. OK. I really need to upgrade. I forgot how old this thing was!

Reactions: DanMan32
Yup. My Refresh+ has expired. Oh well, at least I got one refresh out of the program, and the remote with broken antenna replaced for cheap.

Lots of apps out there that livestream your phone screen, use those as they're much better then what DJI created (buggy mess).

Lots of apps out there that livestream your phone screen, use those as they're much better then what DJI created (buggy mess).
You usually get more dropped frames, compared to streaming direct from the built in livestream. Can be setup as pass through from the aircraft so no transcoding is done. It gets unbelievable smooth when everything works.

Hi,

We have been trying to use the live stream function on our Mavic 2 Pro using rmtp. It never connects and only shows the countdown and then connecting without actually connecting. I've been working with our IT department to resolve this and they think it is a problem on the DJI side. Can anyone help? We need this rtmp and not YouTube or FB for a live broadcast to our internal networks.

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

Hi,

We have been trying to use the live stream function on our Mavic 2 Pro using rmtp. It never connects and only shows the countdown and then connecting without actually connecting. I've been working with our IT department to resolve this and they think it is a problem on the DJI side. Can anyone help? We need this rtmp and not YouTube or FB for a live broadcast to our internal networks.

Many thanks in advance,

Andy
Contact DJI.
? Compatibility?

You have any recommendations? I'd hate to have all of the flight data on the screen but if that's my only option, I'll take it

You usually get more dropped frames, compared to streaming direct from the built in livestream. Can be setup as pass through from the aircraft so no transcoding is done. It gets unbelievable smooth when everything works.
What matters more to me is RTMP. If I can get that fixed, I'm set! I have a service that simulcasts footage across all of my socials

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000