DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble starting up brand new Mavic Pro

BiscuitCity

Reactions
Hey everyone!

Just bought myself a Mavic, charged the battery and RC. I downloaded / logged into the DJI GO 4 app. But I am running into an issue where my drone will connect to my RC (the displays on the RC show up), but my DJI app says that my drone is disconnected. I also get the "MAG INTERF - Check App", I even got an "ATTI" message a couple of times. I have been trying to launch my drone from a huge black top driveway in rural Maine.

I have tried to update firmwares thru the app but I am unable to download anything due to my drone not connecting to the app

Hey everyone!

Just bought myself a Mavic, charged the battery and RC. I downloaded / logged into the DJI GO 4 app. But I am running into an issue where my drone will connect to my RC (the displays on the RC show up), but my DJI app says that my drone is disconnected. I also get the "MAG INTERF - Check App", I even got an "ATTI" message a couple of times. I have been trying to launch my drone from a huge black top driveway in rural Maine.

I have tried to update firmwares thru the app but I am unable to download anything due to my drone not connecting to the app
What device are you using? if it is an apple try separating it from the remote with a half inch gap in the holder, also try different cables; if you are using the usb port on the bottom the side port must be unplugged.

I am using an iPhone 6s, I did try using another cable (the one I primarily use to charge my phone), but I did not unplug the other Port on the RC. Will give that a try

I am using an iPhone 6s, I did try using another cable (the one I primarily use to charge my phone), but I did not unplug the other Port on the RC. Will give that a try
That is probably the issue, the RC will not connect if both ports are being used.

But does that explain getting the MAG Interf error and the ATTI?
Not sure, I have read that if the iphone is pushed up and touching the controllers body you may get that error, I have an android. I would get connected first and go from there. ATTI just means you have not got enough satellites yet.

But does that explain getting the MAG Interf error and the ATTI?

ATTI is just the flying mode when it doesn't have GPS, you might see that a little when you first turn it on until it acquires enough GPS satellite fixes.

Magnetic interference is fairly common, could be lots of things in the environment. Also make sure you do a compass and IMU calibration before first flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS