DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

trouble with camera feed on app

There’s the possibility the camera has failed but I would have expected an error message to appear.

It could be one of FPGA chips that are programmed as part of the firmware updates. I would definitely try getting hold of a laptop or contacting someone who has one and use the Assistant 2 for Mavic program to update or reflash the firmware.
Agreed, do the firmware and get that issue resolved.
The thing is, it worked once, then it didn’t. That sounds like hardware. If not the lens, maybe the gimbal video cable.

I hope the firmware thing works because otherwise I wasted money on something that I'm not going to be able to afford to fix so I'll have $1,000 paperweight and I disappointed son who wanted so badly to have this

I hope the firmware thing works because otherwise I wasted money on something that I'm not going to be able to afford to fix so I'll have $1,000 paperweight and I disappointed son who wanted so badly to have this
Did you buy this used.

Have you tried deleting the cache in DJI Go4 in the phone settings/ apps section ?
Have you deleted and reinstalled DjiGo4 ?

Have you tried another phone/tablet to isolate the problem to the device as opposed to the drone ?

Let's start with firmware refresh, camera settings reset (at least auto with EV at 0), record and take photos, then see what's on the SD card.

DJI Drone Services is a sponsor here, and offers free repair quotes and shipping. Might be one of the camera cables.

If this was bought recently, $1000 sounds pretty high, unless lots of accessories.
Used? History?

I’m having exactly the same Issue here with my MP. Everything works and flies with no errors but no live video/pic screen. Just a black screen on the app.

it did hit a tree at slow speed about 2feet from the floor. Snapped a prop. So must be to do with this...

I’m having exactly the same Issue here with my MP. Everything works and flies with no errors but no live video/pic screen. Just a black screen on the app.

it did hit a tree at slow speed about 2feet from the floor. Snapped a prop. So must be to do with this...

You may have dislodged the camera video cable or potentially damaged the ribbon cable. If you handy with very small parts you should be able to remove the top cover and check the connectors are seated.

Is the gimbal operating ok?

When I mentioned taking a photo and shooting a video I meant using the buttons on the controller. Then check the mSD card, by removing it from the drone and putting it in a card reader attached to the computer, and see if those images have been recorded.
Have you tried pressing the camera reset button? I would guess you have but........
Just to check, have you ever seen live video from this drone''s camera on that phone ?
Have you changed any USB connection settings on the phone?

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes the gimbal operates as it should. Does the pre flight dance and is fully controllable from the controller (pan).

Are there any diy write-ups or videos showing how to disassemble and check the ribbon/video cables?

To Scottyr, I have just had a look at an M2Z and it too shows MM above the exposure offset so I don't think that that is abnormal and I recollect it being mentioned in another thread. BUT at -2Ev my screen was fairly dark. It may not serve any purpose but I would try decreasing the shutter speed i.e. longer opening time, or upping the ISO just to see what that does to what you see.

To Raj, have you tried a google for mavic pro tear down etc. and you tube. I would guess there are a few. Taking that to be correct, watch several because some of these teardowns would be better performed by an untrained monkey than some of the hamfisted individuals demonstrating how things are done.

You guys are making this way too complicated: there is obviously some sort of hardware failure in the camera/vision system. The drone needs to be serviced (and assume it's under warranty).

I wish it was under warranty but sadly no I got the Drone used because when my father died in September my four-year-old son was suffering so I bought this thing because he kept seeing them on TV and my dad had told him they could get one well I cooldnt afford a new one because saving the family home was more important we flew it one time and the light in his eyes returned we put it away went back the next day and the feed would not show up after I have been messing with the comp app for it the camera moves when told to it flys great just the feed won t come through and I m a my whots end cause I m just trying to make my boy hos happy self and Its not aorking all cause of a camera feed ive tryed finding people local to look at it to no avail

Hi Guys...... I am new on here and would like to say a big hello! I have bought the Enterprise which was working fine then i took a break. I re started the drone and controller, all connected no problem but no video feed, just a blank screen and a few icon's etc as shown on another post re this issue. So annoying, DJI not the quickest in getting back to you! Any suggestions?? Thanks Simon

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica