DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TRUST

swadrvr

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Rather new to this, want to be legal. I have a Mavic Pro. It certainly appears it exceeds the weight limit of “250 grams” Mavic posts 800-900 grams for the discontinued Mavic Pro. So is the TRUST all I need? How about this Part 61? What will that afford me? And lastly, I want to gain exemption to fly into a NFZ. I was reading and one requirement to suffice is a letter from the the airport. I believe I can get this accomplished. (I’m very familiar w/airports, just retired last week from a 39 year career flying forSouthwest Airlines.

If anyone could help with this TRUST/Part 61/NFZ info I would really appreciate it.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

If you are using your drone for commercial work you will need the Part 107. Read more on the FAA Drone Zone

All recreational drones flying in the US require the TRUST test regardless of weight.

Generally you can't flying in a No Fly Zone but I guess it's possible to get an exemption. Would you perhaps be talking about get a waiver to fly in some restricted areas? Otherwise there is LAANC which is available to recreational flyers as well.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America swadrvr.

As mentioned above, register your aircraft with the FAA if flying recreational or as a Part 107 pilot ( requires certification) for business.

Also, the TRUST test should be taken and you need to keep a copy with when you fly.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hi again, swadrvr!

The link below will help you find a LAANC app. I see MA2 provided the link for getting your TRUST Cert. It takes only a few minutes. For commercial work you'll need a part 107 Cert. The exam is a piece of cake, as long as you remember how to read and interpret Sectional Charts (hark back to your GA days). We're all eager to see Western Oregon thru your Mavic's lens!

Before takeoff, don't forget to remove your Mavic's gimbal cover, like you used to remember to pull your 737's gear pins (LOL).

Rich R (aka Hauptmann).

Rather new to this, want to be legal.
When you first joined I wrote at ton of info about getting your TRUST Certificate with instructions to register your drone at the FAADroneZone with links to all of these sites…

I know my response may seem curt, even rude, but in the 5-times you wrote a posting, all these questions were already answered… You should consider our responses the "Flight Manual..." that you had to learn to fly every aircraft you ever piloted...

You want to fly in a NFZ, ain't going to happen legally without your Part 107 and an FAA Authorization and/or Waiver… Again, go to the web site…

And this is the last research I do for you… If you are part 61 licensed, good for you, go fly an airplane, but you still need either a TRUST of Part 107 to fly a Drone…

p107.jpg

With tongue in cheek, without your TRUST or Part 107, all you can do is go fly a kite… L :rolleyes: L …

tenor (1).gif

Last edited:
Hi again, swadrvr!

The link below will help you find a LAANC app. I see MA2 provided the link for getting your TRUST Cert. It takes only a few minutes. For commercial work you'll need a part 107 Cert. The exam is a piece of cake, as long as you remember how to read and interpret Sectional Charts (hark back to your GA days). We're all eager to see Western Oregon thru your Mavic's lens!

Before takeoff, don't forget to remove your Mavic's gimbal cover, like you used to remember to pull your 737's gear pins (LOL).

Rich R (aka Hauptmann).

The dronerush.com list of LAANC providers is outdated and obsolete.

The current list is at the bottom of this page:

If you hold a Part 61 license, the Part 107 commercial drone cert is free with about three hours of your time and done online. Then you'll need a CFI to sign off for you. I don't know if you can sign yourself off if you're a CFI or not. It removes any and all question on whether you are doing recreational work or not, which is a matter of plenty of discussion around here.

The dronerush.com list of LAANC providers is outdated and obsolete.

The current list is at the bottom of this page:
Thanks, SethB!

When you first joined I wrote at ton of info about getting your TRUST Certificate with instructions to register your drone at the FAADroneZone with links to all of these sites…

I know my response may seem curt, even rude, but in the 5-times you wrote a posting, all these questions were already answered… You should consider our responses the "Flight Manual..." that you had to learn to fly every aircraft you ever piloted...

You want to fly in a NFZ, ain't going to happen legally without your Part 107 and an FAA Authorization and/or Waiver… Again, go to the web site…

And this is the last research I do for you… If you are part 61 licensed, good for you, go fly an airplane, but you still need either a TRUST of Part 107 to fly a Drone…

View attachment 165730

With tongue in cheek, without your TRUST or Part 107, all you can do is go fly a kite… L :rolleyes: L …

View attachment 165731

View attachment 165730

View attachment 165731Loud Thunder, please don't waste your precious and highly experienced time on such a **** as myself. Your a piece of work. If theres a way PLEASE block me.….

welcome to the forum
You seem to be a guy with a lot of knowledge about the DJI Mini 3 pro. Maybe you can help me out.
My drone is one sent to me after I sent mine in for repairs. Whenever I use the record mode the screen on my controller goes completely white. I have to do a lot of swearing to get it back to photo mode and a normal screen vie. Any suggestions on what the problem is ? Thanks,

its to do with the settings you have for video,touch the three dots top right of the screen ,and then select camera and make sure you are on auto for the exposure

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor