DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying this again - no response from original forum and I know someone will know!

charliej

Reactions
My cached *.jpg files are all saved on my mobile in the DJI app. However when I fly using the tablet (android) I can not find the cached *.jpg files only the videos.
Where are they going?
TIA Charles

The cached files are only low resolution images / video.
The full res are on the microSD, or maybe onboard storage, depends on your drone model.
The cache is turned on or off in Go4 (not sure about Fly if it's a mini), so it's possible it's off for the tablet, or it might be unavaialbe on android, I don't know as I fly with ipad mini4.

I’m on IOS also and unless I download photos they do not save to my device. I really don’t save much as I dump my card as soon as I get home everyday then reformat card first
thing when I go out again.
Something else i do which is OT but throwing in here is after
a week I 0 out my cache in my app. I mean all of it. Wonder
if that has anything to do with me never having app issues. ?

I’m on IOS also and unless I download photos they do not save to my device. I really don’t save much as I dump my card as soon as I get home everyday then reformat card first

I have my cache off, can't see any real benefit to it, unless the drone is lost and maybe the footage could help reveal location (but hey, that's what sar and a few others can help with anyway :D ).
I recall there is a cache size setting where you can specify whatever, to stop it maxing out device storage ?
EDIT, and it then just overwrites when full ?

Last edited:
Reactions: charliej
Depending on your tablet you should be able to open the photo in the gallery, click the three dots to bring up options and click Details. On my tablet set to internal storage the path is /internal storage/DJI/dji.go.v4/DJI Album

The default cache size is small and after that the device will stop caching anyway, I have my cache on a 400GB SD card and not had any issues with the app despite not clearing the cache and that's on an Android tablet as well.

I have my cache off, can't see any real benefit to it, unless the drone is lost and maybe the footage could help reveal location (but hey, that's what sar and a few others can help with anyway :D ).
I recall there is a cache size setting where you can specify whatever, to stop it maxing out device storage ?

I use it for convenience as it means I can show people the pictures and video just after recording them whereas I won't have the proper files until later when I've got home and copied them to a PC.

Reactions: charliej
Thanks for comments. Will have another go. As someone else said its nice to be able to see cached images before getting home!

Hit the arrow under the cameara settings and it takes you to what you have on your card and click the pictures you want and they will download. Is how it is with IOS anyway. Videos the same if you want them on your device.
I do get them when they are weather pictures so I can tweet them to the weather stations quick.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01