DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to fix a Mavic, need help!

Britishbigfoot

Reactions
Hi all.

I've been approached by an acquaintances father, who has a Mavic. He's flown it a total of 6 meters, according to his DJI Go 4 App logs on his iPad. I've been tasked with fixing it... he's off to Sweden next week and obviously wants to take his bird. I'm not totally sure how he had that initial flight, the controller hasn't connected since that's for sure. Reckons he's had it 4 weeks. Bought 'online' was the only description of the source (yes, more detail needed here).

The issue root is that the controller will not connect to the aircraft. The linking via DJI Go does not work at all. It just beeps for a minute straight. After a while the controllers fan kicks in even! I never knew there was one!

The aircraft appears normal, in terms of motion of the motors on start, LEDs, gimbal movement checks, etc. The one thing it doesn't do is spin up the fan after a while, like my Mavic does.

I've connected the Controller successfully to my Mavic as a second controller; there appears to be nothing wrong with it. Pressing the button by the SD slot working instantly on mine, but it does not work at all on the ill Mavic.

My second step was to connect it (and the controller) to the macbook, with Assistant 2 installed. My Mavic, my controller, his controller all work fine and appear. The Mavic however, does not.

I've tried multiple batteries, Wifi mode, SD in, SD out, all sorts. Nada. No connection.

Any ideas on how I could hard-reset the aircraft would be appreciated.

I'm out most of the day so will have to reply later on.

Thanks in advance, I hope someone out there has an idea what to do.

I've connected the Controller successfully to my Mavic as a second controller; there appears to be nothing wrong with it. Pressing the button by the SD slot working instantly on mine, but it does not work at all on the ill Mavic.
My second step was to connect it (and the controller) to the macbook, with Assistant 2 installed. My Mavic, my controller, his controller all work fine and appear. The Mavic however, does not.
I've tried multiple batteries, Wifi mode, SD in, SD out, all sorts. Nada. No connection.

If it acts like dead and looks like dead, then it's probably dead. I'd contact DJI for a replacement, if a DJI care refresh is activated on the ill Mavic, otherwise call them for a repair

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU