DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying various SD card audio formats to get sound.

Robbyg

Reactions
I spent a couple of hours trying various Audio codecs and sound options but so far no luck in creating a clip that plays audio when put on the SD card.

Tried H264 MP4 files with ACC audio then tried straight up stereo with 44Khz and still got nothing. Tried lower sample rates and Mono and still nothing.

I am wondering if it even looks for an audio track. As for the built in demo clips I noticed they are not full screen, they are not 1080x1920 but are a wider format.
They are not downloaded with the firmware but are instead baked into the goggles at the factory.

Rob

Reactions: Bunny Too
I spent a couple of hours trying various Audio codecs and sound options but so far no luck in creating a clip that plays audio when put on the SD card.

Tried H264 MP4 files with ACC audio then tried straight up stereo with 44Khz and still got nothing. Tried lower sample rates and Mono and still nothing.

I am wondering if it even looks for an audio track. As for the built in demo clips I noticed they are not full screen, they are not 1080x1920 but are a wider format.
They are not downloaded with the firmware but are instead baked into the goggles at the factory.

Rob
Hey Rob, have you used yours with the HDMI input from another source for sound. I know that some have used them for this but have only had audio from another source. I know when I use my Sony HD Cam to view video on my TV, it will also play the audio as well. Just curious if the Goggles will play sound in the same manner. I have not had the chance to try this yet. If it does work, then there has to be a way for video with audio to work from the SD.
I wonder if a edited cache video from your device with audio will play on them.
Extract that video like you would for upload, place on SD and see if it will work.
DJI must have their own particular audio codec possibly for it to work maybe.
What are your thoughts?

The demo videos are groups of 3 files, a jpg thumbnail, an mp4 video file, and a wav file for the audio all with the same name next to each other, so it seems it doesn't care about any audio tack in the video file but takes it separately.
The card structure however is different and they put different files (thumbnail and video) in different folders rather than next to each other. So I imagine that IF it looks for audio for card footage it's probably in some other unknown folder that isn't created, but it probably doesn't even.
I tried putting a file with the audio encoded as PCM wav next to a video on the card but that didn't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Shock
The demo videos are groups of 3 files, a jpg thumbnail, an mp4 video file, and a wav file for the audio all with the same name next to each other, so it seems it doesn't care about any audio tack in the video file but takes it separately.
The card structure however is different and they put different files (thumbnail and video) in different folders rather than next to each other. So I imagine that IF it looks for audio for card footage it's probably in some other unknown folder that isn't created, but it probably doesn't even.
I tried putting a file with the audio encoded as PCM wav next to a video on the card but that didn't work.
Ahh! The invisible folder thingee.
Good point! I can see us trying to hack that analogy here soon.
Have any of you tried renaming true audio file extensions to something else other than the norm? That has worked for me on issues with getting it to work on different OS platforms.

I have the means to set up almost any Video and Audio format. If I can get the configuration settings needed to create myself a TV show folder to watch TV shows with, on the go, my goggles will be complete.

If someone could extract the AES key for decrypting the demo videos we'll be able to know what format is used (it seems they've changed the key, it's not the known one).
Still doesn't guarantee the goggles do look for any audio file when playing from the card.

Where are you guys finding those three files?

Rob

Kilrah is in Switzerland so we might have to wait until tomorrow.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato