DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Two questions; Best program to edit videos and is Mavic's *.raw recognized by PS CS6

Spanish Flyer

Reactions
Well basically those are the two questions I had.
I have DSLR's and constantly use Photoshop CS6 to develop my raw files, but have no idea if the DJI *.raw files are even accepted by CS6.

On the other hand, I find Photoshop very clumbsy and limited when editing video, so I'm sure there are plenty of options out there with many more features.

Any help will be welcome.

Best regards

Spanish Flyer

I have just started using Davinci Resolve 12.5 to edit my Mavic videos. The free version seems to be very capable & as easy to use as similar video editing software.

Last edited:
Mavic's RAW files are DNGs which is Adobe's own format so there's hope it would work... but on the other hand CS6 is a dinosaur in IT years so it may or may not support the current version of the format.

For video you'd use Premiere, not Photoshop if you go with Adobe.

CS6 works fine to edit the RAW files from the Mavic. You'll need to find a lens profile online, I don't think Lightroom/PS have it yet.

I also use Davinci Resolve (free version) to edit video. It's a bit slow on my laptop but it's great software and actually free.

For FREE

*Davinci Resolve (free version won't support 4k but has support for DLOG etc).

AND

*ShortCut (ShortCut is Opensource it's aimed at competing with the pay for stuff and supports 4K FFMPEG supports raw etc).

That should set you up nicely!!!

There others but in my opinion to get the most out of your Mavic with out purchasing editing software those two are the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
For FREE

*Davinci Resolve (free version won't support 4k but has support for DLOG etc).

AND

*ShortCut (ShortCut is Opensource it's aimed at competing with the pay for stuff and supports 4K).

That should set you up nicely!!!

There others but in my opinion to get the most out of your Mavic with out purchasing editing software those two are the way to go.

I've been using Davinci Resolve 12.5 free version to edit & output 4K. It shows up as 4K on YouTube.

Reactions: ksull72487
Good to know! Says it doesn't possibly a trial or some features limited.

It's limited to UHD 3840x2160 with the free version, which I believe is technically 4k, so I guess if you record in the 4096x2160 aspect ratio with the Mavic you may have trouble with editing the clips. I haven't tried that yet. I like the 3840x2160 UHD aspect ratio better anyway.

Reactions: ksull72487
It's limited to UHD 3840x2160 with the free version, which I believe is technically 4k, so I guess if you record in the 4096x2160 aspect ratio with the Mavic you may have trouble with editing the clips. I haven't tried that yet. I like the 3840x2160 UHD aspect ratio better anyway.

Yeah no big deal! True 4k isn't going to give you a huge difference. And yeah you are correct both resolutions are considered 4k with the 4096x2160 technically being true 4k.

I'll be using Davinci more often then. The DLOG is there and I'm good with the 3840x2160. ShortCut is still a good all around but it's no secret that DJI and the Mavic has favored Davinci.

Reactions: astroboy
Well, thanks a lot for all your answers!
I will try the free version of Davinci and nice to hear that the photos are *.DNG thus editable with CS6
Best regards and thanks again,
Spanish Flyer

Reactions: r1chardturner
I use premiere pro cc for all video editing needs. You can also color grade pretty easily as well. I graded this clip in premiere pro using the basic correction panel and a LUT I created in light room:

Great or far more, amazing video, music included. My problem is that I'm not prepared, or can't afford paying monthly for something I might use a couple of times in the year. Same as the Photoshop CC, where I prefer to stick with a paid (once only) version of the CS6; might be outdated, but to me it serves its purpose for my photography.
Thanks and best regards,
Spanish Flyer

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS