DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tybee Island, Savannah GA

Calhoun Ranger

Reactions
I will visit Tybee very briefly and wanted to know if there are any flying issues in that vicinity, specifically the tybee beach. I checked the sectional, and it is well away from the airports and airspace as far as I could tell.
Thanks!

State Parks in GA are off limits for drone flights.

Is Tybee Island a state park? Can you direct me to a webpage where it says Tybee is a state park? All I found were the GA state page, and another map. The closest state park I could find was Skidaway and thats a good 12 miles from Tybee. There's Wassaw Wildlife Refuge but thats 8 miles away.

Tybee  Island Drone  NFZ.jpg Tybee  Island Drone  NFZ_002.jpg

As I understand they made a law preventing drones from flying around the lighthouse. We have flown everywhere else no problem.

OP, You should just call the Tybee Island Police Department. I think they would be the ones to enforce it anyway.

They had a meeting Feb 2016 about how to address drones there, but I cant find a followup or ruling.

Phone: 912-786-5600

I've flown all over Tybee with no issues. If you are going to fly around the lighthouse do it around sunrise only.

I have flown my Yuneec and several RC aircraft (with camera) in the past, over the jetties and the marshes before the entry bridge, with no concern. Plan to take my new Mavic Air on our next visit and capture the lighthouse. May check in with the local constable to notify of my intent. Enjoy your flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi