DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAE and Dubai rules and regulations

I can see now. Thanks. Yes. It is the same I have. Anyway, I'll do the sanad and DCAA registration and let you know. If there are questions you want me to ask let me know. Also if there is any plan on flying this weekend let me know too maybe we can meet up and share some airspace.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Sure lets meet up, i have PMed you my location for every evening, swing by ill be there today too.

... There are a few things I want to ask Sanad It would be nice if you can add it to your list of questions,

1) More clarity on GCAA and DCAA license, so if you have GCAA do you really need DCAA?

2) Red Zones on GCAA app (not counting 5 kms from airport, maybe Corniche), is it "OK to fly"? if not where to get approvals or permissions for Hobbyist / Commercial.

3) I want to take photos to sell but I am not working for a media company / more like a freelancer (no trade license to present) what to do in that case?

Lastly.. More clarity on camera on-board the Drone is GCAA / DCAA ok with that?

Hey guys I got my GCAA certificate today. As I was looking for the information below, I know it would be useful to the people on my level.

Here is my experience with it:

1) I signed up online on the GCAA website. Which included me signing up on the website and then adding a drone to my profile.

2) Once the above was over, I got an email from GCAA to come collect the certificate from dubai office after showing the originals I submitted with the application (Emirates ID, Visa copy, picture of drone), I went to the GCAA office behind carrefour airport road instead.

3) My certificate was not ready at that branch, lady at reception spoke to the dubai office who then asked me to mail the GCAA common mail to send my certificate to Abu Dhabi. Once I did that I received a confirmation mail, stating that they will notify me once its ready for pickup. Took them 2 days + 2 days weekend to get it to Abu Dhabi. And I picked it up today showing them nothing but my Emirates ID.

All above was Free of cost :)

To my disappointment, it was nothing but a piece of paper with all the information I typed in while registering on a stamped company letter head.

I hope this information helps as now I feel more confident to fly higher. Not to mention that i have flow to a height of 121m without it :) and I have total of 43 "test" flights already :D

Hi bro..Just got a mavic pro today and did a registration @ GCAA website. As per what u describe, got an email telling me to collect the approved certificate at Dubai office. As i resides in Abu Dhabi, its better that i collect it hear in Abu dhabi.

Do you have the place & location that u collected in Abu Dhabi? Thanks for the great help.

Hi. In Abu Dhabi gcaa is behind carrefour. Email them telling that you want to collect the certificate in Abu Dhabi. Or just go there. Maybe they resolve it right away. Where did you find the mavic? I have a friend looking for one too.

Reactions: shaiful
Hi. In Abu Dhabi gcaa is behind carrefour. Email them telling that you want to collect the certificate in Abu Dhabi. Or just go there. Maybe they resolve it right away. Where did you find the mavic? I have a friend looking for one too.

Hi salernod,

Thank you for the info. They have multiple email. Is this the right email [email protected]?

I got the mavic from Advance Media in Dubai. Did an enquiry on their website for the fly combo pack and was lucky enough to get it there.

Have u flown yours already? I'm searching for a nice secluded green fly zone here in Abu Dhabi to fly it. Any suggestions.

Sent from my LG-H990 using MavicPilots mobile app

Will probably go to Al Qudra lakes tomorrow sunset time for a flight. If anyone is around

Reactions: Kaparzo
Hi bro..Just got a mavic pro today and did a registration @ GCAA website. As per what u describe, got an email telling me to collect the approved certificate at Dubai office. As i resides in Abu Dhabi, its better that i collect it hear in Abu dhabi.

Do you have the place & location that u collected in Abu Dhabi? Thanks for the great help.

Bro mail them back on the same mail and request them that you would like to collect it from Abu Dhabi office. Their office is right behind Airport Rd carrefour, just google the location its pretty easy to spot if you know where to go.

Do mention the ref number they sent you.... btw you will still receive another mail mentioning they have approved your application.

Bro mail them back on the same mail and request them that you would like to collect it from Abu Dhabi office. Their office is right behind Airport Rd carrefour, just google the location its pretty easy to spot if you know where to go.

Do mention the ref number they sent you.... btw you will still receive another mail mentioning they have approved your application.

Hi bro, thanks for the info.I have mail to [email protected]. Have not received any status of approve yet as i guess it is still weekend.

Reactions: Badboydj
Mavic is availeble at the ibn batuta mall China court. There is a little shop in the hallway between sharaf DG and I think it's Fridays.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Will doing the GCAA approval today, been flying my MavicPro discreetly and getting used to it. It's my 1st drone and loving it so far

Hi from Dubai

Just got my Mavic and reading lots of threads online and looking for answers to my questions as i want to do the research before being smashed by the Law :).

I live in Um Suqiem and there is a big GREEN mark over our area saying you cannot fly drones in this area (same as Dubai Marina etc).

Whilst i was only looking to go 20m high - was wondering what your thoughts are. ASwell as, the regulations say you should not fly over/near any residential areas or at night so does this mean - can you only go to the desert and fly during the day???!

A little confused....

ASwell as- on youtube there are loads of videos flying over dubai marina and the Burj but do you think this was done illegally? And do you reckon you get to use your drone but its always going to be a chance you are breaking the law in some way or another?!

Hi from Dubai

Just got my Mavic and reading lots of threads online and looking for answers to my questions as i want to do the research before being smashed by the Law :).

I live in Um Suqiem and there is a big GREEN mark over our area saying you cannot fly drones in this area (same as Dubai Marina etc).

Whilst i was only looking to go 20m high - was wondering what your thoughts are. ASwell as, the regulations say you should not fly over/near any residential areas or at night so does this mean - can you only go to the desert and fly during the day???!

A little confused....

ASwell as- on youtube there are loads of videos flying over dubai marina and the Burj but do you think this was done illegally? And do you reckon you get to use your drone but its always going to be a chance you are breaking the law in some way or another?!

Ya best you avoid flying in your area. Doubt there are watch dogs monitoring but general public could report. So best avoid.
Head towards Al Qudra road and even drive towards Hatta and RAK.
Dibba another area you venture out

Hi from Dubai

A little confused....

Dude !! Get the fly zone app for GCAA, that will clearly tell you where you can fly. But i recommend you to register your drone prior to flying too high anywhere.

Awesome. Thanks for your reply.

Yeah - i am worried about the neighbors reporting and then you never know.... LOL

Hi. Green and red areas are no fly zone for hobbyists. Basically to the south desert is mostly the area that you can fly after you have completed your tests in sanad and you have gotten the certificate from DCAA.

The videos from Burj khalifa, marina and other areas in YouTube are mostly from commercial pilots who have different type of permit and are allowed in the green zone under certain conditions and fees.

The first step to get your hobbyist certification for Dubai is getting the tests from sanad academy and getting your drone registered there. Then apply for the DCAA certificate online. Once all done you can fly in Dubai outside green and red areas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S