DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAE and Dubai rules and regulations

As far as I know you cannot fly in Dubai without DCAA license, and that require to be a resident in UAE.

I dont know about tourists, but you can call them to clarify, 04 504 2768 a lady called Ellen, she's responsible for drone permissions in GCAA.

Thank you for your response, does she have an email ?
I'm not comfortable speaking English on phone...

Yo how u doing brothers?? Am a new here and why gcaA not allowing cam, am seen lots of video on YouTube they recording fujeraj and Sharjah ???

Hello Buddies and Pilots here, I am new to this forum but I am glad to find this forum, lots of information, knowledge and exerpeince shared among the community which is great..!

However would like to seek some advice, I would be visiting Dubai in about 1 month time, first time to this wonders of architecture country and I wouldn't want to leave my Mavic Pro at home..!

I am aware anyone is required to register their drone at Dubai GCAA General Civic Aviation Authority, any buddies or pilots here experience the issue of having a UAE mobile number (as the registration require a UAE number to receive the one-time password to complete the registration). Have also emailed GCAA regarding the issue and their replies were prompt, replying that I need a UAE mobile number.

I am from Singapore, not a resident of UAE hence do not have the mobile number yet until I arrive there for the pre paid mobile services. Anyone is facing the same issue during the GCAA registration and any advice to bypass or completing registration? Thanks in advance buddies

Hello Buddies and Pilots here, I am new to this forum but I am glad to find this forum, lots of information, knowledge and exerpeince shared among the community which is great..!

However would like to seek some advice, I would be visiting Dubai in about 1 month time, first time to this wonders of architecture country and I wouldn't want to leave my Mavic Pro at home..!

I am aware anyone is required to register their drone at Dubai GCAA General Civic Aviation Authority, any buddies or pilots here experience the issue of having a UAE mobile number (as the registration require a UAE number to receive the one-time password to complete the registration). Have also emailed GCAA regarding the issue and their replies were prompt, replying that I need a UAE mobile number.

I am from Singapore, not a resident of UAE hence do not have the mobile number yet until I arrive there for the pre paid mobile services. Anyone is facing the same issue during the GCAA registration and any advice to bypass or completing registration? Thanks in advance buddies

Basically youcannot fly a drone if you are not resident.

there is a process for visiting commercial crews that bring their own equipment but it requires a permit,paperwork and money.

if you intend to be in dubai, GCAA is not enough. You will need DCAA permit/approval also.

Go to the GCAA site or DCAA site. I believe you will find the process.

You run a small risk of your drone be stopped at customs without a permit

D.

Basically youcannot fly a drone if you are not resident.

there is a process for visiting commercial crews that bring their own equipment but it requires a permit,paperwork and money.

if you intend to be in dubai, GCAA is not enough. You will need DCAA permit/approval also.

Go to the GCAA site or DCAA site. I believe you will find the process.

You run a small risk of your drone be stopped at customs without a permit

D.

Thanks for the information..! Ya it's a little confusing regarding the application with GCAA or DCAA. Some mention GCAA overwrite DCAA or otherwise. Ya I am more concerned issues with the custom/arrival with the customs upon Dubai Intertional Airport

Regards
Rayden

I just ordered my DJI mavic pro, so i am reading on the GCAA website under "Requirements for an Individual/Private User" that:
  • No video or image capturing devices shall be used when flying the UAS/drone
And as you know DJI mavic has a camera so are they ok with that? they will register it for me when I apply?

and when I travel abroad and come back they will allow me to take it with me?

Thanks,

If you live in UAE I am sure you appreciate how the letter of the law is important once you leave the "happy path". This the law of the country and in my view it's ok as long as you respect it. It's a country that respects privacy more than other countries in Europe and we need to be aware of this.

Hope it helps

A country that respects privacy more than other countries in Europe? That may be the case if you're comparing the UAE to the UK (with regards to the video surveillance present on the streets (Even though Dubai and AD is not so far behind London)).

But with regards to everything else, it is back to the stone age. The amount of databases available for sale that contain personal information (age, address, mobile number, income bracket) exceed that of any other country.

Which is what annoys me about this whole "Recording is forbidden" business.

My two fils - fix the issue of Etisalat and DU selling people's information to third parties and then address the issue of (mostly) responsible drone pilots looking to capture beautiful footage of this beautiful city.

Nik

Hi Rayye,

So did u able to apply as a visitor and fly ya drone in dubai? Mind to share your experience? Thanks

Hi Everybody,

I’m french guy who want to go at Dubai soon for holiday.
I’m the proud owner of a Dji Magic Pro and I’m asking about GCAA certificate.

My objectif is only to takes my holiday memories through videos, not commercial. Just have a fun.
Like in French country I respect the law about RPAS and I don’t fly into the red zone (close to person, homes, military zone, airport, etc etc). Also with the new DJI firmware we can’t do that now.

Do I need to declaring my mavic pro on the gcca website like you do ? If I made this, how can I take the BCAA Certification ? Difficult for me to go at Abu Dhabi for that :)

Can you give the process to keep on Dubai law and enjoy my Mavic Pro ?

Thank you all
Hi iziiine,

So did u able to fly as a foreigner? How was the custom? Everything alright to bring ya drone to dubai?

Hello everyone.
Can you tell us how it is possible for a tourist to legally use a drone in the UAE?

I plan to have a rest in RAK with my family. For registration, I tried to fill out the form Application for Unmanned Aircraft Registration
But this form demands to specify the phone number in the UAE, which I do not have, because I do not live in the UAE.
I wrote a question about the phone at [email protected]. Got a response "Please be advised that the drone registration on-line platform is designed for drone pilots who have their domicile in the UAE. You are advised not to register your drone and operate a drone in the UAE unless you are able to meet such requirement." : (((

I'm not even plan to fly for a long time. I only wanted 3-4 times to run the drone in Dronie's automatic mode to take pictures of myself and my family from the air in several places (on the coast, among palm trees and in the desert) for our seed film about our journey.

Did I understand correctly that a tourist can not really use a drone in the UAE?

Hi, I am transiting and visiting Dubai in 2 days time and moving off to another country to fly my Mavic Pro. I did not know about registering a permit. I am not flying my drone in Dubai.

what can I do now? Will there be an issue with the customs?

Hi, I am transiting and visiting Dubai in 2 days time and moving off to another country to fly my Mavic Pro. I did not know about registering a permit. I am not flying my drone in Dubai.

what can I do now? Will there be an issue with the customs?
You'll have no issues. I live in Dubai and have never been stopped by Customs with my Mavic or Phantom (10+ times).

New User of Mavic Air (5 mins of flight on my backyard)

I registered today to GCAA and got the registration certificate in 10 mins only (as recreational /hobbyist)

***Unmanned Aircraft (UA) Registration Certificate ***

Please advice if a Dubai resident needs DCAA licence if you have already the GCAA

I believe that the DCAA licence / registration will cost approx AED 350 (certificate only) or AED 900 (boot camp) + AED 135 (ID card)

Please clarify

Hey guys,
I'm sorry if this is not the right way, but I'm looking for a pilot to take some shots for me in Al-Ain for a documentary short film
Thanks

Hey guys,
I'm sorry if this is not the right way, but I'm looking for a pilot to take some shots for me in Al-Ain for a documentary short film
Thanks

Hi. Most likely you will have to pay to a media productions company to do that. It is very expensive to fly drone for commercial purposes and usually fully established companies are the only ones willing to afford that investment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31