DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAS Operator Indicted

Still perplexed as to why the FAA considers tinywhoops flown FPV to be lethal - when they aren't lethal no matter how you fly em. The FAA is either stupid, or hiding an agenda under the guise of safety.
@Tim40 do you have any idea how big (small) a bird it takes to bring down a commercial...or even a private plane ?

@Tim40 do you have any idea how big (small) a bird it takes to bring down a commercial...or even a private plane ?

Interesting question. Where would one find the right answer that tinywhoops flown FPV to be lethal ? Is there a web site that states this info? DO you have documentation as to the right information?
Really would like to know the answer to your response.

Interesting question. Where would one find the right answer that tinywhoops flown FPV to be lethal ? Is there a web site that states this info? DO you have documentation as to the right information?

This is an example of a google search. Just do it.

2012 article: Currently, airliner engines have to be designed and demonstrated able to ingest a four-pound bird without endangering people on the plane, according to Paul Eschenfelder, an adjunct professor at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. Eschenfelder says that none of the engines flying are designed or built to survive an ingestion of an eight- to 15-pound bird.

Source page: United Airlines Flight Strikes Bird on Descent to Denver

Reactions: Tim40
So your saying tinywhoops the size of a sparrow will take down a jet liner?
Wow I will never get on another plane again.

Just a start - Most large commercial jet engines include design features that ensure they can shut-down after "ingesting" a bird weighing up to 1.8 kg (4.0 lb). Modern jet aircraft structures must be able to withstand one 1.8 kg (4.0 lb) collision; the empennage (tail) must withstand one 3.6 kg (7.9 lb) bird collision. Cockpit windows on jet aircraft must be able to withstand one 1.8 kg (4.0 lb) bird collision without yielding or spalling.

Reactions: Tim40 and cgmaxed
Just a start - Most large commercial jet engines include design features that ensure they can shut-down after "ingesting" a bird weighing up to 1.8 kg (4.0 lb). Modern jet aircraft structures must be able to withstand one 1.8 kg (4.0 lb) collision; the empennage (tail) must withstand one 3.6 kg (7.9 lb) bird collision. Cockpit windows on jet aircraft must be able to withstand one 1.8 kg (4.0 lb) bird collision without yielding or spalling.
I just read an article today that corroborated your post, I also read that a bird over 15 pounds, the engine is most likely toast. I'm not making any point. Just saying what I read.

Reactions: Tim40 and MARK (LI)
I think what you mean is that you would like to know the answer to my question...@spudster in post # 66 gives us some info on design features of most large commercial jet engines...nothing from anyone on smaller planes ...I don't have any info on a web site with anything on the subject ...that's why I am asking...wondering if someone else had any idea

I think what you mean is that you would like to know the answer to my question...@spudster in post # 66 gives us some info on design features of most large commercial jet engines...nothing from anyone on smaller planes ...I don't have any info on a web site with anything on the subject ...that's why I am asking...wondering if someone else had any idea
Tinywhoops flown FPV are only lethal to other tinywhoops flown FPV. You'll only find this info right here in this post. I'm just playing. Lightening the mood I hope.

I just read an article today that corroborated your post, I also read that a bird over 15 pounds, the engine is most likely toast. I'm not making any point. Just saying what I read.
Tinywhoops with 1s packs weigh about 1.0oz. 28g roughly - some more, some less. I'm flying a 34g whoop these days - indoors, every day - to keep up my skills in the winter - and - it's just fun to fly every day. The Whoop name has grown to include 2s and 3s craft - up to 2 oz, I think. The frames are soft plastic. The motors smaller than the tip of your little pinky. When they crash - nothing ever breaks - not the whoop, nor anything else either - it's just too lightweight and soft.

Tinywhoops with 1s packs weigh about 1.0oz. 28g roughly - some more, some less. I'm flying a 34g whoop these days - indoors, every day - to keep up my skills in the winter - and - it's just fun to fly every day. The Whoop name has grown to include 2s and 3s craft - up to 2 oz, I think. The frames are soft plastic. The motors smaller than the tip of your little pinky. When they crash - nothing ever breaks - not the whoop, nor anything else either - it's just too lightweight and soft. Therefore a great piloting practice tool. EMAX has the Tinyhawk III out now - everything you need - it was created for DJI folk, who want to learn how to fly - but don't have the gear that folk like me already have on hand - the whoop, a charger, batts, props, cables, TX, goggles, etc. You buy it - unpack it - and start learning to fly FPV. Totally safe indoors - or out. $300.

Tinywhoops with 1s packs weigh about 1.0oz. 28g roughly - some more, some less. I'm flying a 34g whoop these days - indoors, every day - to keep up my skills in the winter - and - it's just fun to fly every day. The Whoop name has grown to include 2s and 3s craft - up to 2 oz, I think. The frames are soft plastic. The motors smaller than the tip of your little pinky. When they crash - nothing ever breaks - not the whoop, nor anything else either - it's just too lightweight and soft.
I've never heard of a Tinywhoop. I think I may do a little product research and perhaps a little extra holiday shopping this year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ