DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV FORECAST alternative ?

Old thread but I wasn’t even aware of the 3hr limit now.
Hardly use it relying more on site conditions telltales / telemetry (attitude gauge) info.

A really good weather tool is Ventusky.
Free web based or very low cost app.
I just use the web version for planning more than a day out for all sorts of weather data, wind direction, speed, gusts, various altitudes, also rain, snow etc, temps, also showing for various altitudes.

WINDY.COM has an app too.

Looks like it has 5 days of forecasting available before you have to go premium.

I like the soothing graphics of the wind flow on the map.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah

Could be the same with Ventusky at some time limit, haven’t checked.
But I guess apps often do this, get a good system out in the world for free, at some point monetise it.
If useful a one of payment most don’t mind, subscription type offers aren’t so good sometimes, hard to cancel, charges automatically keep coming etc.

2 days ago my UAV app started messing up and only shows a 3 hr window now instead of 24. Anyone else having this issue?

2 days ago my UAV app started messing up and only shows a 3 hr window now instead of 24. Anyone else having this issue?

Yep.

That's what Hiwayman noticed a few posts back.

My UAV app is the same. Three hour window.

This appears to be now limited to 3 hrs data without subscription ☹️
Wow they really did... I was already on the hobbyist, and I imagined being able to see 24 hours in advance was good for most people.

But sheesh that's excessive when you can get much more from your basic weather app within that time frame.

Screenshot_20230502_084938_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Hiwayman
It isn’t a bad idea to learn to read METAR and TAF reports. If you ever think you might want to test for your part 107 you will need to be able to read them.
A great suggestion! An app that will help you learn to read them is Windy from windy.com. There is a switch for METAR’s to read them in Raw format or plain language.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
FAA Aloft Air control app is free, it just requires a free FAA account . the app has all the same weather forecast funtions as UAV forcast and you can use it to make flight plans with LAANC. Just ditch the greedy UAV Foreskins app.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000