DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UFO shot down

second UFO shot down in the last couple of day. Will be very interesting to see what these things are. Probably more ballons
And the FAA just HAS to know where my $800 drone is flying !
And heaven forbid, I should fly OVER some “sensitive” sites or places where people live !
And where are all the angry Karen’s at ? Mad that these unknown objects have been flying over their pools ??
Oh…..right, they’re saving that anger up for us lowly drone pilots ! Irony anyone ?

LOL, People sure getting upset that this "Unidentified Object" or "Unidentified high-altitude Object" has been called an "Unidentified Flying Object" by some. All we know is that the last two were not balloons, according to both Canadian and US reports. They still remain unidentified (as far as the general population knows), but that does not necessarily equate to "Alien" anymore than Drone means a military weapon.

LOL, People sure getting upset that this "Unidentified Object" or "Unidentified high-altitude Object" has been called an "Unidentified Flying Object" by some. All we know is that the last two were not balloons, according to both Canadian and US reports. They still remain unidentified (as far as the general population knows), but that does not necessarily equate to "Alien" anymore than Drone means a military weapon.
To me, it's all just semantics, which are not important. I see it in other venues as well.

Semantics are important as careless use can lead to misunderstandings, that's why governments are careful when they word responses to international incidents such as we are seeing with the balloon incidents.

Chris

Why not just link to the article using the original title or a truncated version rather than embellish it with a your version.

Also the fact that you new when you posted you would get this kind of reaction to the title says it all.

Chris
🙄
What does it say?
🧐

Reactions: Torque
This thread is starting to go off-topic. A few posts have been removed. If it continues, I will need to close this thread.

Reactions: Drone Master
I am absolutely convinced that alien intelligence does exist somewhere amid the constellations of outer space, and has been sending space vehicles to rove Earth's airspace with absolute impunity for decades, BUT any vehicle with the capability to traverse the cosmos into Earth's atmosphere while evading impacts with space debris SHOULD have no trouble at all evading or deflecting any air-to-air missile launched by an F22 or F35.

The mere fact that four of these aerial devices were downed with ease by US fighter jets implies that those airborne vehicles did NOT possess other-worldly powers of acceleration, and were thus most likely made right here on Earth by either the Chinese or the Russians. Given the dominance of China in commercial and hobby-grade drones, my money is on China as the culprit behind these new generation drones whose crash debris is now being analyzed by US airforce engineers.

Reactions: bmcelya and Torque
Someone is having a good laugh
I second that AnzacJack. China laughs all the way to the intelligence bank. They have historically been pretty low-tech with their spying. They read everything; American magazines, newspapers, corporate reports etc, and collate that into useful intelligence. Honey pots? But of course. I’m guessing, but I bet they have a well organized fleet of drones, looking at whatever they can over the US and other countries. And why not. The US does the same and more. Every country uses whatever is available to them for intelligence gathering. This balloon business is but one arrow in China’s quiver. Spy vs Spy. Fascinating, and sometimes deadly.

Last edited:
Something "Octangonal" shot down over Lake Huron. To me it is a big deal to use a missile to shoot something down over U.S. Soil (or water in this case). I can't remember ever hearing about this sort of thing in my lifetime.

I'd like to know more. Not sure why they don't release information.

The military high command must have been absolutely certain that they were not authorizing the use of a $400K per-shot misile against an octagonal; mylar balloon, before the fire command reached that F22 pilot circling the mysterious bogey they were trailing over the waters of Lake Huron.

Militaty analysts must have pored over highly detailed photographs taken by the responding jets, which left no doubt that the objects were machines and not simply solar-powered dirigibles cobbled together for a few hundred bucks a pop in China. The exact nature of those machines, and how they defy gravity, is the burning question whose answer may never go public.

The military high command must have been absolutely certain that they were not authorizing the use of a $400K per-shot misile against an octagonal; mylar balloon, before the fire command reached that F22 pilot circling the mysterious bogey they were trailing over the waters of Lake Huron.

Militaty analysts must have pored over highly detailed photographs taken by the responding jets, which left no doubt that the objects were machines and not simply solar-powered dirigibles cobbled together for a few hundred bucks a pop in China. The exact nature of those machines, and how they defy gravity, is the burning question whose answer may never go public.
True, They must have known how fast it was traveling. And like you said probably have detailed photos in all spectrums.

It doesn't seem like a weather baloon would require a high explosive sidewinder missile to take it down.

Reactions: Torque

second UFO shot down in the last couple of day. Will be very interesting to see what these things are. Probably more ballons
It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater...........

Is funny how in the news somebody from the Pentagon says "the flying object at 20,000FT does not represent a risk to the airliners".... let me think in our drones do at 500FT.....

Anyway, I hope I am wrong, but in my opinion, the use of a half-million dollars missile to shut down a probably 50K balloon is just looking for excuses to expand the military budget. Creating fear in the public will justify the expend also giving away our military resources all over the world also will give a good excuse to acquire modern equipment at taxpayer expense.

Back to our inoffensive drones, I hope they don't shut down a DJI Mini 3 with another half million dollars in missiles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89