DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UFO shot down

There’s already been alien robots visiting certain parts of the Solar System, and several of them are leaving it now, so why couldn’t these be more from the same makers as the others?

It was news to me as well, the only other 'balloon' I ever heard of was The Hindenburg.
The Japanese used balloons with fire bombs attached and sent them to the US during WW2. I believe 6 people were killed in Oregon from one.
But this is an interesting story of one reaching my home state of Utah:

There’s already been alien robots visiting certain parts of the Solar System, and several of them are leaving it now, so why couldn’t these be more from the same makers as the others?

It is high time the aliens broke cover and landed a saucer outside Number Ten Downing Street to have a chat with Rishi Sunak about bilateral trade possibilities. Then they could simply teleport themselves to the White House Rose Garden to discuss over red wine and truffles the question of compensation for their unarmed probes that were downed by USAF jets.

The likelihood is very low that highly trained pilots of front-line fighter jets would mistake a hobbyist weather balloon for an unidentified aerial vehicle. A top-secret nuclear-powered drone from China or Russia seems a far more probable scenario to this armchair pontificator than a balloon that would be so easily recognizable for what it is.

Reactions: Torque
The likelihood is very low that highly trained pilots of front-line fighter jets would mistake a hobbyist weather balloon for an unidentified aerial vehicle. A top-secret nuclear-powered drone from China or Russia seems a far more probable scenario to this armchair pontificator than a balloon that would be so easily recognizable for what it is.
A top-secret nuclear powered drone sounds a tad off in left field to me. Nuclear reactors tend to 'run away' when they get destroyed and there would be radioactive emissions from the crash site. Not to mention how much it would probably weigh and the unlikelihood of getting it to float around the world in a small balloon. I could, however, see it going like this:

"Sir, all I see is an itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, tiny little helium balloon"

"We can't take any chances, fire at will"

Haha there is something about that phrase "Fire at will" that makes me chuckle, though I must add that if my name happened to be Will, the humor of that command might escape me, depending on the circumstances.

Haha there is something about that phrase "Fire at will" that makes me chuckle, though I must add that if my name happened to be Will, the humor of that command might escape me, depending on the circumstances.
Yeah, my high school riflery coach used to always say that when we were lined up and cleared to shoot. Someone would always respond, "OK, where is he?"

Ok, this thread was going ok for a while, then there were some political reply’s made.
Anymore and will have to shut it down. Last warning. ;)
You all know the rules.🤨

Within minutes of viewing retrieved wreckage from any flying vehicle, military intelligence analysts would at the very least have ascertained whether the craft is of human design. Press statements thus far assure the public in vague terms that mundane explanations now demystify the downed objects, without addressing the elephant in the room, which is of course the intrigue relating to the precise mode of levitation and propulsion deduced from close scrutiny of the recovered wreckage. Any non-balloon airborne craft that requires neither wings nor rotors to defy gravity, would represent a quantum leap in technological innovation that would redefine that overused word "unprecedented".

Recalling the emphasis placed by official spokespeople on the fact that the observed flying vehicles were not balloons, and bearing in mind that high-resolution closeup pictures of the aerial intruders captured by the responding jet fighter pilots, must have been pored over before the firing order was issued, the jury is still out regarding what exactly those downed bogeys truly were. The more outlandish the truth discovered, the greater the odds of a full-on information blackout, punctuated with the usual non-committal "work in progress" updates for public consumption.

Sometimes I think the whole world has abandoned rational thought and gone mad. The paranoia in this discussion is not reassuring.

The original article that the OP referenced has generated very little news in Canada aside from a few updates but sensationalizing it or embellishing it with the title that the OP used has all but prevented any rational discussion.

Chris

Reactions: PBDawg
The original article that the OP referenced has generated very little news in Canada aside from a few updates but sensationalizing it or embellishing it with the title that the OP used has all but prevented any rational discussion.

Chris
LOL. Please explain how the word "UFO" has prevented you or any other member from posting a rational comment?

Is that word really that big of trigger for some people? They imagine little green men with big black eyes and suddenly can't think straight enough to coverse logically?

Fact is the were Unidentified Flying/floating objects and until fully identified to the public, they remain downed UFOs. And if that triggers visions of Greys then I'd say the issue is with that individual reader...

When I read the OP's title it reminded me of all the YouTuber's who use their title's as Clickbait to draw in hits to their channel. My next thought was, why not just use the article's original title and then link to it. If the intention was to generate discussion then I think that would have been the more prudent thing to do rather than posting a sensationalized title that has made this thread devolve into what it has - a number of off topic posts about 'UFOs'. If the OP wanted clickbait hits like YouTube and off-topic posts about UFOs rather than civil discourse about what the objects actually were, then he accomplished his task.

Chris

second UFO shot down in the last couple of day. Will be very interesting to see what these things are. Probably more ballons
Relax everyone. We just talked to the pilot of said balloon. He seems a bit edgy.

• Haha
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc