DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK buyers - importing?

Nozzography

Reactions
Hi all I’m an owner of the Phantom 3 Standard and am looking to upgrade to the Mavic Air. For those of us who are from the UK and we regularly get shafted with pricing, the Fly More bundle is £949, whereas the same bundle in the US is $999 which equates to roughly £700.

Has anyone considered the possibility of importing? I’ve not done so before and am pretty clueless as to whether the cost of shipping and taxes etc would negate any initial savings.

Is there any way around having to pay the extra?

You have to remember American prices are always subject to local taxes are they not? To be like for like you need to compare pre-vat, which puts the Mavic Air FMP at around £790.

You'd be looking at £170-180 duty and VAT (possibly) added on and not including any handling charges.

So £880, and then you have difficulty with returns and possible warranty issues.

Reactions: philh24
I buy tons of stuff from Amazon US - they add the duty etc on for you, but much of the time its always still cheaper.
My last Mavic Pro came from Amazon US also - no issues at all and I saved over £100. I was told by DJI at the time they would honour warranty worldwide, although I'd double check if that's a concern...

Keep in mind the warranty. If you buy from overseas then the warranty will either be invalid, or you have to return it to the country you bought it from to get repaired.

A guy on the Spark forum had to send his back to the US rather the Holland to be fixed. I think he got hit for import duty again too.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone