DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

FCC in Europe is not posible for android at this point.
you send it back because you can't (not yet) hack it?
please research your information about FCC hacking before you buy it next time :-(

Hi
(Android) FCC Hack worked, but not after Controller Update.
After Update only CE.

I need the old version of Mavic Air 2

Hi
(Android) FCC Hack worked, but not after Controller Update.
After Update only CE.

I need the old version of Mavic Air 2
Hi leon482,
What do you mean by controller update? What version of the controller did you manage to do FCC Hack (android)?

As I remember I have not updated the controller (it may have updated itself by Fly App, but I dont remember this prompt) and I can't do the FCC Hack either.

Thanks.

Yes he is ready :)
I hope your app will be on the steroids and equipped with FCC 1.5W transmission power ! ;)
Dave , the hack is the same...the fella who made it made the code in such a way it can’t be read, or changed...so I can’t change it.

Another poster who is smarter than me is looking at how this can be approached to add more features, but this is very much a work in progress.

The initial priority is to keep the original hack and to keep the app version up to date...there’s nothing new about it mate.

I honestly think you’re in a really rubbish area for rf noise, or your drone has an issue...you’re the only poster who hasn’t seen an increase in range and signal with the hacked app.

Reactions: Zombie Todd
Quite soon I'll be posting a link to the DJI Fly app v1.1.3 that I've been working on, fcc is working fine (its been tested by myself and a couple of posters on here) just need to sort out a small cosmetic issue...and it wont cost anyone anything.
Same here, looking forward to the link. Thank you.

What i have observed is that:

MAVIC 2 AIR
Ipa 1.1.3

when i turn the drone on with the app indoors where there is no gps signal reaching the actual drone , DBM jumps sometimes up to -60dbm / 74dbm / 82dbm . What i mean by that is that it is commonly observed that grey transmission power indicator comfortably jumps withing those ranges , as soon as I take drone outside and app says home point has been updated , power transmission indicator never ever showed below -90dbm . It usually shows around -100dbm .

I hope i am wrong and I've done something wrong as my range doesn't seems to improve with modded app , and if it does it is really minuscule. If i go with my gut feeling ,Personally think the firmware of the drone is overriding transmission power. And yes app might be showing it is in FCC mode and there is slight increase in power transmission from the remote to the drone ( as the app is hacked and allows remote for it ) but I would bet that drone is not allowing full FCC power back to the remote. I hope someone can prove me wrong. For what i have experienced during today tests and seen how power meter behaves before drone detects real GPS position. I can say that until someone can modify firmware we we will never truly experience FULL power of FCC as one can see from some guys on the YouTube.
Well I've done some pretty conclusive tests today Dave which leave me in absolutely no doubt that 'my' hacked app works.

3 batteries, 3 flights, all at the same altitude, following exactly the same course.

1st was CE using stock app...after 2km I lost the first of 4 signal bars, after 2.5km 2nd bar went, 3rd bar went a few hundred meters further, at that point I turned it round as I didn't want to lose connection completely.

2nd flight, Hacked app v.1.0.3 ...got to 3.5 km without losing a single bar, proved the FCC mode is working conclusively.

3rd flight, CE back to stock app, just to make sure it wasn't a one off....exactly the same result as the third flight, except I was down to 1 signal bar by 2.5km.

I feel sorry for you that you're not getting the same results where u are...but there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the hacked app and CE mode works perfectly.

Well I've done some pretty conclusive tests today Dave which leave me in absolutely no doubt that 'my' hacked app works.

3 batteries, 3 flights, all at the same altitude, following exactly the same course.

1st was CE using stock app...after 2km I lost the first of 4 signal bars, after 2.5km 2nd bar went, 3rd bar went a few hundred meters further, at that point I turned it round as I didn't want to lose connection completely.

2nd flight, Hacked app v.1.0.3 ...got to 3.5 km without losing a single bar, proved the FCC mode is working conclusively.

3rd flight, CE back to stock app, just to make sure it wasn't a one off....exactly the same result as the third flight, except I was down to 1 signal bar by 2.5km.

I feel sorry for you that you're not getting the same results where u are...but there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the hacked app and CE mode works perfectly.
I believe you, i think its the area were i live , I will be testing it more somewhere else when i get time
Many thanks for your feedback

Reactions: gb160

thanks for tests.Do you use the same app 1.1.3 as Daveboyy?

thanks for tests.Do you use the same app 1.1.3 as Daveboyy?
No I was going to but forgot to load the app before I left...but tbh I have no idea where his one came from so probably wiser to stick to ones I trust, the original hacked app app and my version of 1.0.3 with the original hack applied.

No I was going to but forgot to load the app before I left...but tbh I have no idea where his one came from so probably wiser to stick to ones I trust, the original hacked app app and my version of 1.0.3 with the original hack applied.
1.0.3 ? You probably meant 1.1.3...
I have 1.1.0(found here on some link) and 1.1.3 from Daveboyy not tested yet.
But maybe I would wait for yours 1.1.3 when you finally confirm

Reactions: gb160
Has anyone else tried the steps in the first post of this thread? Is it working for you guys? Maybe I am doing something wrong.
I promised to check if using spoofed android and Iphone during flight still works...so I checked today...At home initialing FCC using android fake gps. Outside run drone and take off, connect iphone - it shows on stock app the line above 90dbm so in theory it is FCC.

Last edited:

1.0.3 dont recognise ma2
start from 1.1.0 does.
I also made some other tests today. I use only hacked 1.1.0 and starting drone then during flight I switched to stock newest DJI FLY app and there is still FCC. I believe the signal is the same ,maybe anyone wants to make range test ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929