DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

Sadly I'm not at liberty to jailbreak my own Ipad, and at the same time is far too big to hold for extended period....I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that something for Android comes up (to match my Android phone). I have no $$$ to invest in a new jailbroken Iphone haha
If you have a Mac and Xcode its really not too hard to do on stock iOS mate, ive done it myself this morning and the hacked v1.1.0 works a treat.

My problem is I've been using an iPad Air for my last few flights, and im really appreciating the massive screen compared to a phone, the issue is the iPad Air must be 6 years old now and gets a little bit choppy at times, and the fact that the battery is shot and only lasts an hour or so...im not sure I can go back to using a phone so im seriously thinking about getting a new iPad, I don't think even a mini will do, it was joyous actually being able to see everything perfectly on a big screen whilst flying.

hi gb160, does this make the app permanent? i mean do i have to renew the thing via mac / xcode?
i'm thinking of asking a colleague to bring his mac book air to work and do it for me one time. can i have a bit more specific instructions?
Not not permanent at all, it just installs the same as any other app and can be deleted the same.
Unfortunately it needs resigning every 7 days, so that could be a pain if you don't have access to the mac all the time...once setup the process only takes about 2 minutes to resign the app every 7 days.

Not not permanent at all, it just installs the same as any other app and can be deleted the same.
Unfortunately it needs resigning every 7 days, so that could be a pain if you don't have access to the mac all the time...once setup the process only takes about 2 minutes to resign the app every 7 days.
Ouch, that resigning thing was my concern. But I just realised my office will soon purchase a permanent mac book for a specific use. Maybe i can use that every 7 days.

Reactions: gb160
OK So i can also confirm that the MOD dji app also works. I installed it onto my iphone with altsigner for windows PC so I didnt have to jailbreak the iphone. When out flying I checked the transmission at various times and each time the line stayed above the 90 mark. No issues starting or landing with the phone still coneccted to the remote like the hack I describe in my first post here.

It asks you when you launch the app if you want to enable FCC power and spoof location to USA. just say yes... or No if you dont want to and wish too use CE power, and fly.

NOTE: I never did another range test it was just to check power transmission levels repoerted in the app and if you can take off and land with the app still connected to the drone.
Also Note, the app will require resigning every 7 days. Not an issue as when I charge my phone for flying it will take about 2 minutes to resign the app.

Reactions: Lajser
OK So i can also confirm that the MOD dji app also works. I installed it onto my iphone with altsigner for windows PC so I didnt have to jailbreak the iphone. When out flying I checked the transmission at various times and each time the line stayed above the 90 mark. No issues starting or landing with the phone still coneccted to the remote like the hack I describe in my first post here.

It asks you when you launch the app if you want to enable FCC power and spoof location to USA. just say yes... or No if you dont want to and wish too use CE power, and fly.

NOTE: I never did another range test it was just to check power transmission levels repoerted in the app and if you can take off and land with the app still connected to the drone.
Also Note, the app will require resigning every 7 days. Not an issue as when I charge my phone for flying it will take about 2 minutes to resign the app.

hi, what version of ios do u have. have tried installing it but when it gets to 90% installed on the phone using altsigner it fails. thinking i might have to new a build. its 13.3.1

hi, what version of ios do u have. have tried installing it but when it gets to 90% installed on the phone using altsigner it fails. thinking i might have to new a build. its 13.3.1
Upgrade to the latest iOS..self signed apps didn't work with iOS 13.3.1, due to a bug...I discovered this the hard way and once I upgraded it worked instantly.

PicsArt_05-18-05.49.54.jpgPicsArt_05-18-05.48.44.jpg
The pictures capture from android LG

Guys, what I discovered It is possible to switch to FCC using android following the instruction because I verified changes on IPAD and there was the line above.... Problem is that on android DJI Fly I dont know how to recognize whether it is FCC as the line is always at the same place.Maybe somebody finds out some cool hint. It is not very comfortable to flying using 10 inch Ipad;)
Cheers, but it's all been explained.

Guys, what I discovered It is possible to switch to FCC using android following the instruction because I verified changes on IPAD and there was the line above.... Problem is that on android DJI Fly I dont know how to recognize whether it is FCC as the line is always at the same place.Maybe somebody finds out some cool hint. It is not very comfortable to flying using 10 inch Ipad;)
hi oomjer, its me again, so, what region is Indonesia by default for your phone / setup? Are you like @Robobit also stuck in FCC by default? Are you able to stay in CE or stay in FCC as you wish, or does it also automatically switch once your aircraft GPS is hard locked?
Ahh nice to meet u again ?
By default Indonesia in CE.
That must be auto switch to CE in every dji's drones.

Ahh nice to meet u again ?
By default Indonesia in CE.
That must be auto switch to CE in every dji's drones.

Is your ma2 in ce mode in malaysia? Because mine is straight away in fcc mode without any trick when I flew it the first time. Assuming in the fcc mode, there is an option to change auto & manual transmission mode.

Here, 2 different users from Indonesia and one is CE mode and one is FCC mode...I suspect something in the software or firmware or flysafe database is not fully up to date from DJI side. And for Android looks like not able to force the mode once GPS is hard locked. This is not same as Mavic mini....

Is your ma2 in ce mode in malaysia? Because mine is straight away in fcc mode without any trick when I flew it the first time. Assuming in the fcc mode, there is an option to change auto & manual transmission mode.
Please wacth my video here
jump to 2:00
I'm using CE and able to switch channel mode Auto and manual.
FCC is not about able to switch channel mode. It's on transmission tab

Reactions: crosswired
Here, 2 different users from Indonesia and one is CE mode and one is FCC mode...I suspect something in the software or firmware or flysafe database is not fully up to date from DJI side. And for Android looks like not able to force the mode once GPS is hard locked. This is not same as Mavic mini....
Yes mini very easy to hack to FCC.
I'll try to downgrade the firmware first and let's see the different

Please wacth my video here
jump to 2:00
I'm using CE and able to switch channel mode Auto and manual.
FCC is not about able to switch channel mode. It's on transmission tab

Noted, so maybe Indonesia is correctly in CE all along. Myself and Gary are in 87dBm to 1km in Malaysia (android). Other IOS users that I know in Malaysia are at 90dBm to 1km in Malaysia!

Yes mini very easy to hack to FCC.
I'll try to downgrade the firmware first and let's see the different
it would be very useful if you could fly the same route but with the hacked DJI Fly app, I know this may not be possible if you dont have an iOS device.

Okay, Android users: I think I have sussed it. Dont look at the line at -90, as that wont change. What will change however, is the option to have Auto vs Manual (FCC) or Auto only (CE) as the 'Channel Mode'. See image below. This is also the same on iOS btw, and is far easier to glance than looking at the -90 line. Look closely at the original poster's images, you can see it.

The steps which have worked for me:

Initial config:
  • Install Fake GPS app
  • Make sure Fly app is closed
  • Put airplane mode on
  • Set Fake GPS location to somewhere in Ohio (you can confirm this has worked by opening Google Maps and seeing where it thinks you are)
  • Put drone in a room in middle of house, where it cannot get GPS signal (or use tinfoil to cover)
  • Connect phone to remote and turn it on. Launch Fly app.
  • Turn on drone
  • To confirm you're in FCC mode, go to Settings -> Transmission. You should see an option for both Auto and Manual 'Channel Mode'. See image below:
View attachment 101433

• Now turn everything off. Your drone is now in FCC mode. To keep it in this mode when flying, consult the previous posts in this thread (first page)

Hope this helps!

Benno
Hi Ben. Thank you for your post. When you say turn everything off you mean the drone and controller? I have android device

hi everyone. Just signed up on here to get some help off you guys. I been struggling to get a good rang on the mavic air 2 I tried different spots but I can't seem to get anymore rang then 3500 Meters. I used fake gps that didn't help either Saw some videos on YouTube about the fcc mode but they not sharing it on how they do it. I will appreciate it if someone gave me help on getting my mavic air 2 in fcc mode. I use android
Look forward to hearing from you guys

hi everyone. Just signed up on here to get some help off you guys. I been struggling to get a good rang on the mavic air 2 I tried different spots but I can't seem to get anymore rang then 3500 Meters. I used fake gps that didn't help either Saw some videos on YouTube about the fcc mode but they not sharing it on how they do it. I will appreciate it if someone gave me help on getting my mavic air 2 in fcc mode. I use android
if you have iOS device you can side load the hacked version of DJI Fly app, although you should really look into the risks of doing this, rather than blindly following the instructions of some stranger on the internet.

Reactions: Apo1991
As of right now, having been on bashing on this topic for so long (and also from personal experience) I am not able to force any mode outside of the default detected, for android. Gary R has been able to, but not me. We follow the same process, spoof gps to US, start motors before Fly app is loaded and fly, check the transmission levels, keep flying, close Fly app before landing.

Also, 3500 meters is nothing to scoff at......

As of right now, having been on bashing on this topic for so long (and also from personal experience) I am not able to force any mode outside of the default detected, for android. Gary R has been able to, but not me. We follow the same process, spoof gps to US, start motors before Fly app is loaded and fly, check the transmission levels, keep flying, close Fly app before landing.

Also, 3500 meters is nothing to scoff at......

Gary r , your drone is EU or CN ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy