DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

I have ip7+ & 11 pro
how to get hacked dji fly app ?
I have experience using Frida for Mavic 2 Pro
There's a link to the app a few pages back buddy. The app is the same as the DJI Fly app, except it allows you to set the mode to FCC manually as it starts.
Truth is we have no idea if setting to FCC actually works or not, if you can fly the same route as you did before with FCC mode enabled you should get more distance.

Noted, so maybe Indonesia is correctly in CE all along. Myself and Gary are in 87dBm to 1km in Malaysia (android). Other IOS users that I know in Malaysia are at 90dBm to 1km in Malaysia!

After reading more into this, mine is the same as oomjer, it is CE by looking at the 90dbm at the line.
Btw, is it just me or MA2 signal is weaker than MP1? On the same spot in an urban city, my mp1 went 600 meter without any problem and still went further. But with MA2, it has lost signal and forced RTH.
Is it because of the antenna design in MA2?

Last edited:
After reading more into this, mine is the same as oomjer, it is CE by looking at the 90hz at the line.
Btw, is it just me or MA2 signal is weaker than MP1? On the same spot in an urban city, my mp1 went 600 meter without any problem and still went further. But with MA2, it has lost signal and forced RTH.
Is it because of the antenna design in MA2?
Have you tried to force 2.4ghz on your ma2 to make it a fair comparison? I feel that the ma2 likes to go to 5.8ghz which is great to avoid interference but poor for signal penetration.

I saw somebody post say CN for FCC And EU for CE
Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

According to DJI website and DJI Forum staff, there is no such thing as 2 version of transmission power. Especially if you look above, the same drone, depending on the region of use (not purchase) will follow the appropriate level of transmission power. Also, there is no -20dBm limit in the 5.8Ghz band in any of the regions. I wonder who or where did you get the 2 different specs for "CN" and "EU".

Last edited:
CN is essentially chinese model i presume, which resides by FCC regs.

Again, as far as DJI has stated there is no China Model vs EU model, other than Mavic Mini. For all other models such as Mavic 1,2, Air, the country or region codes at the back denote the power plug type. There is a version with US(ADSB) and we have noted this before.

hypothetically if there were a chinese model srrc compliant then it would only transmit at 20dBm at 2.4Ghz which would make it equal range with the CE model. It does not add up.

Here in south east asia the grey import marketers are circumventing the CE compliant Mavic Mini weakness of transmission power by also offering the FCC / SRRC model for sale, however unaware buyers are tricked into thinking out of the box the FCC/SRRC models will have maximum transmission power, instead of the truthful fact that it will detect its own region and limit accordingly. Many unscrupulous sellers go as far as to claim the FCC Hack is easy or permanent or not even necessary and then proceed to make videos of long range tests to prove their lies. Usually the FCC / SRRC models are sold at a higher price, hence more profit. Their cost must be absolutely the same. It just takes a few lies and misinformation to make more money. Now this has trickled to Mavic Air 2, and for good reason DJI has to step in and send more and more information to their customers.

Edit: Since I'm on a mission against unscrupulous dealers, here's more info:

Capture9.PNG
Capture10.PNG
Capture11.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Gary R
Thanks for the info.

The FMC that I bought here in Malaysia has EU at the end of the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo description.

Did you by yours in Brunei or have it shipped in from elsewhere ?
What does yours say ?

I do pre order with local DJI seller here and they promised first shipment MA2 will arrive Brunei end of this month.

There's a link to the app a few pages back buddy. The app is the same as the DJI Fly app, except it allows you to set the mode to FCC manually as it starts.
Truth is we have no idea if setting to FCC actually works or not, if you can fly the same route as you did before with FCC mode enabled you should get more distance.
Do you mind sharing a screen shot of it to help us?

Again, as far as DJI has stated there is no China Model vs EU model, other than Mavic Mini. For all other models such as Mavic 1,2, Air, the country or region codes at the back denote the power plug type. There is a version with US(ADSB) and we have noted this before.

hypothetically if there were a chinese model srrc compliant then it would only transmit at 20dBm at 2.4Ghz which would make it equal range with the CE model. It does not add up.

Here in south east asia the grey import marketers are circumventing the CE compliant Mavic Mini weakness of transmission power by also offering the FCC / SRRC model for sale, however unaware buyers are tricked into thinking out of the box the FCC/SRRC models will have maximum transmission power, instead of the truthful fact that it will detect its own region and limit accordingly. Many unscrupulous sellers go as far as to claim the FCC Hack is easy or permanent or not even necessary and then proceed to make videos of long range tests to prove their lies. Usually the FCC / SRRC models are sold at a higher price, hence more profit. Their cost must be absolutely the same. It just takes a few lies and misinformation to make more money. Now this has trickled to Mavic Air 2, and for good reason DJI has to step in and send more and more information to their customers.

Edit: Since I'm on a mission against unscrupulous dealers, here's more info:

View attachment 102035
View attachment 102036
View attachment 102037
Good information, thanks

Received my Air 2 today so naturally the first thing I did was check to see if FCC hack could be done.
It can.

Out the box CE power under 90
View attachment 101236

spoofed iPhone location to USA
View attachment 101238
Now the full power above 90.
Can also confirm that as long as you start drone and hover before connecting the dji app to the drone and disconnect the app before finally landing it will continue to stay in FCC mode.

haven’t had any chance to check range yet as the batteries are still charging and it’s to windy here at the moment.

will test tomorrow hopefully if it makes much of a difference for us.
View attachment 101237View attachment 101236
Hi there thank you for sharing.
So i tested it this way and it didn't work.
Downloaded a fake gps app
Turned my phone to aeroplane mode
Turned on controller and drone indoors after turning the fake gps and locating myself in America. The fcc was promising at this moment of time until I took it out for few satellites and it went back to normal and the way I can tell that it went back to ce mode is not having the option to switch between manual and auto mode on the transmission.
Do you mind sharing how you planning on doing your fcc? Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven