DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

Interesting, ok. Thanks.

I've had my air 1 in FCC 2.7km away in the middle of nowhere, which is far enough for me, but i was interested more in ability to cut through trees and interference than distance in the open.

In the suburban area I live in, I can only get around 700m away in FCC with my air 1. Would the air 2 in CE do better than that?

Thanks

My FCC mini goes about 700m max in a particular area near my house where I usually fly. I just flew my Air 2 (CE mode) to about 1600m in the exact same area with no issues. I turned back not because of signal issue but because I wasn’t interested at that point in going further.

My FCC mini goes about 700m max in a particular area near my house where I usually fly. I just flew my Air 2 (CE mode) to about 1600m in the exact same area with no issues. I turned back not because of signal issue but because I wasn’t interested at that point in going further.

Thanks - that's an interesting gauge!

Upgrade to the latest iOS..self signed apps didn't work with iOS 13.3.1, due to a bug...I discovered this the hard way and once I upgraded it worked instantly.

I've managed to get the hacked app installed on an old iPad Mini running 12.4.5 but cannot get it to install on my iPhone 11 Max running 13.5 :-( It gets to 90% installed then failed :-( The FAQ on Altsign says it cannot install on any iOS newer than 13.3.1 :-(

I've managed to get the hacked app installed on an old iPad Mini running 12.4.5 but cannot get it to install on my iPhone 11 Max running 13.5 :-( It gets to 90% installed then failed :-( The FAQ on Altsign says it cannot install on any iOS newer than 13.3.1 :-(
Urghh, that's a limitation of altsign then mate.
I've got the app running perfectly on 13.5 on my 7 Plus (sideloaded it with xcode)

Reactions: Coastersteve
Urghh, that's a limitation of altsign then mate.
I've got the app running perfectly on 13.5 on my 7 Plus (sideloaded it with xcode)
Thanks, I'll have to look in to sideloading on iOS. Done it loads on Android but never iOS. The screen just isn't bright enough on my iPad mini :-(

Majority of Malaysian Mavic Air 2 owners mistakenly think they are on CE mode as officially advertised and sold by DJI. Matter of fact they are on FCC levels as of now.

I was just informed that Alientech will have an antenna mod for the MA2 RC coming out before June 15th. With the configuration of the MA2 RC antenna it will be interesting to see how the mod will phyiscally fit (and be installed) and how it will handle the dual frequencies...

Time will tell.

Last edited:
I was just informed that Alientech will have an antenna mod for the MA2 RC coming out before June 15th. With the configuration of the MA2 RC antenna it will be interesting to see how the mod will phyiscally fit (and be installed) and how it will handle the dual frequencies...

Time will tell.
Interesting, as you pull out the antenna now, you can already see 2 hex screws facing inward. I was very tempted to unfasten them and do some tinkering.

any idea if the antenna mod is boosted or not?

my concept for antenna mod will have to involve a holster (expensive tooling or CNC) that holds the external body of the rc, rca cables that follows the extension, and generally an antenna element that is very far in front. all in a huge contraption. Maybe Alientech is smarter or braver than i am (need to dismantle the whole rc again?).

Interesting, as you pull out the antenna now, you can already see 2 hex screws facing inward. I was very tempted to unfasten them and do some tinkering.

any idea if the antenna mod is boosted or not?

my concept for antenna mod will have to involve a holster (expensive tooling or CNC) that holds the external body of the rc, rca cables that follows the extension, and generally an antenna element that is very far in front. all in a huge contraption. Maybe Alientech is smarter or braver than i am (need to dismantle the whole rc again?).

I didn't hear if it would be boosted or not....

I've also looked at the hex screws but I'm not going to dive in and play around yet. I've had some Alientech mods in the past and they are usually pretty good. I've also used some 4Hawks antenna mods which also worked well.

I'll wait until Alientech shows what they have... 4Hawks will no doubt come out with something also...

Should be interesting. It will be fun to watch....

I didn't hear if it would be boosted or not....

I've also looked at the hex screws but I'm not going to dive in and play around yet. I've had some Alientech mods in the past and they are usually pretty good. I've also used some 4Hawks antenna mods which also worked well.

I'll wait until Alientech shows what they have... 4Hawks will no doubt come out with something also...

Should be interesting. It will be fun to watch....
It'll be interesting, I can see 2 possible issues:
1 this so called 11km software barrier that some users are speaking of.
2 battery, no point being able to travel 12-15 km if your battery cant get you back.

Maybe these will be mainly for use in very congested areas.

It'll be interesting, I can see 2 possible issues:
1 this so called 11km software barrier that some users are speaking of.
2 battery, no point being able to travel 12-15 km if your battery cant get you back.

Maybe these will be mainly for use in very congested areas.
Yes, that's what I was thinking also... In a highly infected wifi area it should help. I've used some Alientech and 4Hawks mods on my mini's (both CE and FCC models) and I saw fair to good improvement.

I'm really interested to see the mechanics of how they will connect and mount the antenna.

Reactions: gb160
Any News about hack FCC on android devices ?
i live in Europe
No, dont think so.

I've modded the app a bit...

I doesnt allow memory editting so we will see. I found a way around that security but it wont last long enough.

I can maintain FCC mode for 3 minutes with satelites connected. Somehow the drone's gps exceeds the app's location. Without memory editing it instantly switches back :)

I have done some test with the “ImmersionRC" RF power meter.

I have measured about 14 dBm in FCC mode and about 3 dBm in CE mode (RF emission power checked on the front left pod of the bird)

Bad news: when you spoof the location, even if the transmission tab says -87 dBm (FCC mode), after the bird locks to the GPS satellites, RF power emission came back to CE mode.

Good news: the modded app works very well. I started together modded and stock DJI FLY app. When I maximize the modded app the power emission increase of about 10 dBm!

I have done some test with the “ImmersionRC" RF power meter.

I have measured about 14 dBm in FCC mode and about 3 dBm in CE mode (RF emission power checked on the front left pod of the bird)

Bad news: when you spoof the location, even if the transmission tab says -87 dBm (FCC mode), after the bird locks to the GPS satellites, RF power emission came back to CE mode.

Good news: the modded app works very well. I started together modded and stock DJI FLY app. When I maximize the modded app the power emission increase of about 10 dBm!
Thanks, that pretty much proves what we thought so far!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4