DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

No, dont think so.

I've modded the app a bit...

I doesnt allow memory editting so we will see. I found a way around that security but it wont last long enough.

I can maintain FCC mode for 3 minutes with satelites connected. Somehow the drone's gps exceeds the app's location. Without memory editing it instantly switches back :)
hi, Gleno0h, don't give up, there is a good reward at the end. If the IOS app is able to maintain the FCC, surely somehow it is possible in Android..

who knows the reward may well exceed the price of your drone!

Reactions: Gleno0h
I have done some test with the “ImmersionRC" RF power meter.

I have measured about 14 dBm in FCC mode and about 3 dBm in CE mode (RF emission power checked on the front left pod of the bird)

Bad news: when you spoof the location, even if the transmission tab says -87 dBm (FCC mode), after the bird locks to the GPS satellites, RF power emission came back to CE mode.

Good news: the modded app works very well. I started together modded and stock DJI FLY app. When I maximize the modded app the power emission increase of about 10 dBm!
Can you try with a VPN, do you have access to one? Or if not, just keeping the phone in airplane mode? A moderator on the DJI forums said the drone is also identifying the location using the phone's IP address.

I have done some test with the “ImmersionRC" RF power meter.

I have measured about 14 dBm in FCC mode and about 3 dBm in CE mode (RF emission power checked on the front left pod of the bird)

Bad news: when you spoof the location, even if the transmission tab says -87 dBm (FCC mode), after the bird locks to the GPS satellites, RF power emission came back to CE mode.

Good news: the modded app works very well. I started together modded and stock DJI FLY app. When I maximize the modded app the power emission increase of about 10 dBm!
If you get a chance, could you measure the RF transmission from the controller in both FCC and CE as well?

hi, Gleno0h, don't give up, there is a good reward at the end. If the IOS app is able to maintain the FCC, surely somehow it is possible in Android..

who knows the reward may well exceed the price of your drone!
It is possible. Worst case scenario is there should be an overlaying app to update correct memory value every 2 minutes. However, this MUST be stable. Guess what happens when you are 7 km out and turns back to CE.......

It is possible. Worst case scenario is there should be an overlaying app to update correct memory value every 2 minutes. However, this MUST be stable. Guess what happens when you are 7 km out and turns back to CE.......
Have u tried with airplane mode/vpn? This could be the IP check that @Ice_2k mentioned kicking in?

Can you try with a VPN, do you have access to one? Or if not, just keeping the phone in airplane mode? A moderator on the DJI forums said the drone is also identifying the location using the phone's IP address.
VPN does not matter i think. I believe i have tried it. Atleast not on android.
Application location is set by drone gps i think.

Fake location -> fcc -> drone gets gps -> sends ce command to android application -> back to ce

as soon as you start typing up those conditions and scenarios, i can hear your brains start ticking! we may as well "correct the memory value every 30s", except i know very little about android programming.

besides, at 7km at FCC everyone should have been mentally and physically prepared for signal loss and rth / emergency landing / etc. heck i was on FCC and it cut out at 3km where i fly.

Again, as far as DJI has stated there is no China Model vs EU model, other than Mavic Mini. For all other models such as Mavic 1,2, Air, the country or region codes at the back denote the power plug type. There is a version with US(ADSB) and we have noted this before.

hypothetically if there were a chinese model srrc compliant then it would only transmit at 20dBm at 2.4Ghz which would make it equal range with the CE model. It does not add up.

Here in south east asia the grey import marketers are circumventing the CE compliant Mavic Mini weakness of transmission power by also offering the FCC / SRRC model for sale, however unaware buyers are tricked into thinking out of the box the FCC/SRRC models will have maximum transmission power, instead of the truthful fact that it will detect its own region and limit accordingly. Many unscrupulous sellers go as far as to claim the FCC Hack is easy or permanent or not even necessary and then proceed to make videos of long range tests to prove their lies. Usually the FCC / SRRC models are sold at a higher price, hence more profit. Their cost must be absolutely the same. It just takes a few lies and misinformation to make more money. Now this has trickled to Mavic Air 2, and for good reason DJI has to step in and send more and more information to their customers.

Edit: Since I'm on a mission against unscrupulous dealers, here's more info:

View attachment 102035
View attachment 102036
View attachment 102037
Lol did I not just say it was a Chinese model?

VPN does not matter i think. I believe i have tried it. Atleast not on android.
Application location is set by drone gps i think.

Fake location -> fcc -> drone gets gps -> sends ce command to android application -> back to ce
the part where drone sends ce command to android application i think its not consistent with IOS (hacked) app. in ios, the location of drone is correctly recorded even in hacked app, yet the drone even if it sends command back to fly app does not manage to change it.

if i have to make an uneducated guess, the drone sends the location but the application has to make a decision and actually sends the decision back to drone to switch or not. this is more consistent with starting or flying indoor / without gps.

just my thoughts

I will try some stuff later. Have not tested VPN well enough i think.
Airplane mode should be enough to prove the point I think mate, as it wont have an IP address to geolocate from....it was just a thought, sometimes we overlook the obvious...I know I do!

This is not the point: You can even fly without the phone. But, as soon as the bird locks to the GPS, it changes its RF power emission to CE mode. Finally, if you want to remain in FCC mode you have to fly indoor!

This is not the point: You can even fly without the phone. But, as soon as the bird locks to the GPS, it changes its RF power emission to CE mode. Finally, if you want to remain in FCC mode you have to fly indoor!
I don't think that's correct, afaik the power levels will NOT change without the phone connected (which is why the hacked iOS app works in the first place). The logic that decides what power levels to use is in the Fly app, not in the drone. And there's no way to tell without testing which data (drone's GPS or Geo-IP) takes precedence if they don't match.

I don't think that's correct, afaik the power levels will NOT change without the phone connected (which is why the hacked iOS app works in the first place). The logic that decides what power levels to use is in the Fly app, not in the drone. And there's no way to tell without testing which data (drone's GPS or Geo-IP) takes precedence if they don't match.
It does not change in IOS (hacked or not) but it changes in Android during flight.

According to this post, the hacked app is the only one actually working.
Not so true, even first post of this thread was done without hacked app. Yes, I know it’s still fuzzy but there are more posts for iOS maintaining the t transmission in whatever mode than switching.

Evidently the "switch" is in the app and not in the drone. Anyway, you can remain in FCC mode if you cover the GPS antenna of the drone (with aluminim foil, for example) even if your phone is on line (Geo-IP) and locked to GPS. But, if you uncover the antenna, after about 1 minute the transmission mode revert back to CE. I think drone's GPS takes precedence!

Not so true, even first post of this thread was done without hacked app. Yes, I know it’s still fuzzy but there are more posts for iOS maintaining the t transmission in whatever mode than switching.
I think the question is that iOS maintains the FCC transmission level ONLY in the app tab. Unfortunately in the real world (you have to check with a RF meter) the level comes back to CE as soon as the drone locks to the GPS

I think the question is that iOS maintains the FCC transmission level ONLY in the app tab. Unfortunately in the real world (you have to check with a RF meter) the level comes back to CE as soon as the drone locks to the GPS
I can say that the iOS app unhacked, shows the correct transmission level. I tested this, and when the app says it’s changed, the rf level changes. If you think otherwise, do let us know with some evidence...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147