DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

Not so true, even first post of this thread was done without hacked app. Yes, I know it’s still fuzzy but there are more posts for iOS maintaining the t transmission in whatever mode than switching.
The post I linked you to claims to have actually measured the transmission power and found it to drop to CE level, even if the transmission tab kept showing the line at 87dB. So it's possible that the magic line going above and below 90dB is not an accurate indicator of whether the drone actually remains in FCC mode.

The post I linked you to claims to have actually measured the transmission power and found it to drop to CE level, even if the transmission tab kept showing the line at 87dB. So it's possible that the magic line going above and below 90dB is not an accurate indicator of whether the drone actually remains in FCC mode.
No, what he says is that ONCE the gps of the aircraft locks satellite the transmission power changes. It is true, 100% on Android, but not true, for IOS. On SOME units, we see the transmission app staying in FCC view all the way even after landing, while some have claimed otherwise. Unless the poster himself says so, he didn’t mentioned if his is IOS or if his IOS changed view or not.

In my opinion and after made tests, FCC stays on IOS during flight (regardless it is hacked or not hacked app)
Line on -87dbm indicates FCC.

I think the question is that iOS maintains the FCC transmission level ONLY in the app tab. Unfortunately in the real world (you have to check with a RF meter) the level comes back to CE as soon as the drone locks to the GPS
Just to clarify, this is with the stock iOS app?

The hacked app successfully gets it in FCC mode?

I just made some tests in the forests.
Standing behind trees so there is no easy area for wave propagation.

I started drone (was in the air) and connect Iphone (line was on -87db) I switched from dual band to 5.8G

I flew into the distance about 1180 metres and lost signal (rth)(altitude 48m) , returned and still having about 70percent of battery so I didnt landed but during the flight disconnect Iphone and connect android. (it shows CE - 1km on line )

I did exactly the same route and same altitude. Lost signal (rth) on 405metres !

But when I switched to dual there was not so big difference.
On CE I flew about 1500m
On FCC 1700m

According to specification FCC(5.8Ghz) gives power about 26dbm where CE gives 14 dbm ( so 16 times stronger signal for FCC)
For 2.4 Ghz it is for FCC 26 dbm and for CE 20 dbm so about 4 times stronger signal on FCC

Reactions: crosswired
I just made some tests in the forests.
Standing behind trees so there is no easy area for wave propagation.

I started drone (was in the air) and connect Iphone (line was on -87db) I switched from dual band to 5.8G

I flew into the distance about 1180 metres and lost signal (rth)(altitude 48m) , returned and still having about 70percent of battery so I didnt landed but during the flight disconnect Iphone and connect android. (it shows CE - 1km on line )

I did exactly the same route and same altitude. Lost signal (rth) on 405metres !

But when I switched to dual there was not so big difference.
On CE I flew about 1500m
On FCC 1700m

According to specification FCC(5.8Ghz) gives power about 26dbm where CE gives 14 dbm ( so 16 times stronger signal for FCC)
For 2.4 Ghz it is for FCC 26 dbm and for CE 20 dbm so about 4 times stronger signal on FCC
Not sure what this proves? Care to explain?

I did my own range test on fcc earlier, as you said the battery was the limiting factor here, got to 6km with good strong signal when I started to get warnings about battery/rth... I had the wind behind me on the way out so didn't want to take risks and push it.

All things considered it really is a great transmission system, when I'm not doing range tests I'll very rarely take it out that far, this was over several small towns/villages so there would've been a bit of radio noise at play as well here.

I did my own range test on fcc earlier, as you said the battery was the limiting factor here, got to 6km with good strong signal when I started to get warnings about battery/rth... I had the wind behind me on the way out so didn't want to take risks and push it.

All things considered it really is a great transmission system, when I'm not doing range tests I'll very rarely take it out that far, this was over several small towns/villages so there would've been a bit of radio noise at play as well here.
Well it proves that unhacked IOS DJIFLY transmitts FCC signal when line is about -87dbm. We can rely on it.

Reactions: gb160

Fixing at 5.8Ghz is a good way to test CE vs FCC as the levels are different enough. What he’s trying to say is starting with spoofing, he made the IPhone with FCC hack and flew 1180m, while reconnecting back with Android that properly switches back to CE levels he only got 405m.

if he goes dual band the difference is not so much as if the system switches to 2.4Ghz then the difference in power is only 6dBm. I strongly suggest any RF test to be fixed at similar frequency, not just the 5.8Ghz spectrum, but at the same sub band.

Reactions: sunt5240 and gb160
Right... this is with the stock iOS app. The hacked app succesfully gets it in FCC mode!

And does the hacked iOS app stay in FCC mode (Full TX) when the drone gets a GPS lock? One thing no one has spotted yet. Transmission is 2 way. Its one thing increasing the power of the transmitter, has anyone tested the output power from the drone?

Last edited:
And does the hacked iOS app stay in FCC mode (Full TX) when the drone gets a GPS lock? One thing no one has spotted yet. Transmission is 2 way. Its one thing increasing the power of the transmitter, has anyone tested the output power from the drone?
Theres YouTube videos of the drone being flown to 11km with the hacked app, so it must do when you think about it.

Reactions: Coastersteve
Unable to lock fcc for now on android. Ugh.

Does the other method still work?
Set fcc with android and fly with standard iphone?
If so, imma buy me an apple in a sec.

Unable to lock fcc for now on android. Ugh.

Does the other method still work?
Set fcc with android and fly with standard iphone?
If so, imma buy me an apple in a sec.
as far as I know, hacked iOS app works .. same as unplug/plug voodoo spells

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13