DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

I believe you all that is works ,I have no doubt , It would be quiet unreasonable for me not to believe the large group of guys making claims and having own experiences shared on this forum.However where I live this hack didn't improve anything, or if it did i was unable to notice it . So this improvement is area specific which means i need to get out of the Urban area and test it there.I just had a some expectations that it will greatly improve the range so i can fly from my garden in the local area , going low above the lakes etc.. ( i am talking approx 2.2km radius ) So in this case i might have to move my arse out to enjoy FCC flying elsewhere :)

In regards to android apk , I am android person in and out. And having myself forced to buy iPhone, jailbreak it to be able to use FCC I have surprised myself as i would never think i would ever buy iPhone !? I am sure they are great phones but not for me , I cannot leave with system that is so heavily restricted software wise , choice of ios devices limited to 3 ? or actually one with different size, No sd card ,no dual sim models , (.. sorry i think they realised recently their mistake and they made dual sim now ..... 10 years later) Just everything about iPhone is pure reflection of collective consciousness of America ( "arrogance") if they could only charge you for the amount of clicks you do per month on your iphone THEY WOULD !
Reassuming above rant .... I would love to have android app with FCC hack ?
Keep in mind that your issue might be line of sight. If you say you're trying to fly low at 2km away, it's possible that you're getting something like a building between you and the drone, in which case it's unlikely the FCC mode will do anything for you.

P.S. With regards to the iPhone rant, aside from "no sd" and "only 3 devices", you forgot "a phone that's not constantly tracking you and literally having using your data as their business model" :D :p

Reactions: daveboyy
Keep in mind that your issue might be line of sight. If you say you're trying to fly low at 2km away, it's possible that you're getting something like a building between you and the drone, in which case it's unlikely the FCC mode will do anything for you.

P.S. With regards to the iPhone rant, aside from "no sd" and "only 3 devices", you forgot "a phone that's not constantly tracking you and literally having using your data as their business model" :D :p
Unless his garden has no fence he's not going to have line of sight mate...especially if he's trying to fly low over lakes 2km away.
I think Dave might need to adjust his expectations a bit.

I wounder if mavic 2 pro with 1.5w boost would do the job ? Or it would override my neighbours TV signal and they would end up watching me flying the bird instead of EastEnders ? For obvious reasons i would not do that . I respect people who love Eastenders ? ( for those not in the UK , EASTENDERS " it is a soap opera type of program ,If you watched it for a very long time you wouldn't miss much by missing 100 episodes)
Just having silly mood today ,Please ignore my posts if found inappropriate or out of subject .

Last edited:
Unless his garden has no fence he's not going to have line of sight mate...especially if he's trying to fly low over lakes 2km away.
I think Dave might need to adjust his expectations a bit.
Thoughts of building mini mavic airport on the roof of my house, with retractable operational chair that I can seat in it crossed my mind. ?
On the more serious note... any of you own /owned mavic 2 pro, and used it with 1.5W boost ?

Reactions: gb160
@Gleno0h
Gladly helping out. :)

I'm inside, starting fake GPS, Controller, connect phone, app is starting automatically and switching on the Drone. Drone has no GPS.
I can confirm it is in FCC, see screenshot where I can choose between Autom. and Manuell.
Then I take the Drone outside. In about 20 seconds the drone acquires GPS and the app switches to CE, see screenshot where I cannot choose between Autom. and Manuell.
Then I take the Drone inside and wait (it has no GPS) - nothing happens. Fake GPS is running in background - nothing happens. I restart fake GPS - nothing happens. App stays in CE.
I force close the app and restart the app - Drone is in FCC again. Start from beginning. Same result.

Edit:
I went outside - inside - outside - inside >20 times.
Only one time, the app switched to FCC immediately when I went inside. I couldn't prove this a second time.
I tried every switch inside the app to somehow, maybe force FCC when I was back inside - nothing.
I tried to restart the Drone - nothing.
I tried to disconnect and reconnect the phone - nothing.

Edit2:
I would gladly alpha, beta- test some android app or code or something else.
I've a rooted Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and can handle/revive a bricked Android phone. :)
Thanks, this sets me back a bit. Very unreliable software.

Hope anyone else can confirm this.

I believe you all that is works ,I have no doubt , It would be quiet unreasonable for me not to believe the large group of guys making claims and having own experiences shared on this forum.However where I live this hack didn't improve anything, or if it did i was unable to notice it . So this improvement is area specific which means i need to get out of the Urban area and test it there.I just had a some expectations that it will greatly improve the range so i can fly from my garden in the local area , going low above the lakes etc.. ( i am talking approx 2.2km radius ) So in this case i might have to move my arse out to enjoy FCC flying elsewhere :)

In regards to android apk , I am android person in and out. And having myself forced to buy iPhone, jailbreak it to be able to use FCC I have surprised myself as i would never think i would ever buy iPhone !? I am sure they are great phones but not for me , I cannot leave with system that is so heavily restricted software wise , choice of ios devices limited to 3 ? or actually one with different size, No sd card ,no dual sim models , (.. sorry i think they realised recently their mistake and they made dual sim now ..... 10 years later) Just everything about iPhone is pure reflection of collective consciousness of America ( "arrogance") if they could only charge you for the amount of clicks you do per month on your iphone THEY WOULD !
Reassuming above rant .... I would love to have android app with FCC hack ?

Exactly my point of view. But the restriction in apple devices make this mod possible :)

What a sad reality now...keeping our fingers crossed for Gleno0h
The trouble with Android is DJI started using SecNeo to obfuscate the APK file so it can no longer be modded.

Short history lesson: I believe this came about due to people tinkering with Go4 a few years back for the same very reasons. At the time it started with deprecating the .dji_configs file then all out preventing the ability to mod it. This was naturally passed down to DJI Fly (aka DJI Go5).

iOS has no such limit although side-loading apps is a right royal PITA unless your device is jail-broken.

Reactions: Gleno0h and gb160
What a sad reality now...keeping our fingers crossed for Gleno0h
Come to the dark side.
Join us.

The story behind the image - Steve Jobs | Profoto (UK)

Would be great if all the people who want this android trick try and help me. See previous page with instruction. So far only @Ubimo did it.
Hello, sorry for the fact that I didn't do it. In one hour I will be at home, and will try the fakeGPS and will write the results, and hoping it not like @Ubimo

Reactions: Gleno0h
@Gleno0h

when I'm inside I run fakeGps and I can choose the mode. I pause the application and go outside. After a few seconds it changes the mode and shows the real position. I run the application and there is no change. I go inside, everything from the beginning ...
I can choose the mode until the moment I go out.
I tried all sorts of options with or without fakeGps.
It takes him a second or two on the drone to get everything back as it was.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200604_161054_dji.go.v5.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604_161054_dji.go.v5.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20200604_161110_dji.go.v5.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604_161110_dji.go.v5.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20200604_161135_dji.go.v5.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604_161135_dji.go.v5.jpg
    661 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20200604_161302_dji.go.v5.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604_161302_dji.go.v5.jpg
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20200604_161323_dji.go.v5.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604_161323_dji.go.v5.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20200604_161604_dji.go.v5.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604_161604_dji.go.v5.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20200604_162329_dji.go.v5.jpg
    Screenshot_20200604_162329_dji.go.v5.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 25
The thing i need to know is if the dynamic switching has any logical order. Example; if you run gps, then disable, then run it again and disable it again, it should switch modes. Somehow it stops after 2 times. Not sure if i am able to find anything :D

The thing i need to know is if the dynamic switching has any logical order. Example; if you run gps, then disable, then run it again and disable it again, it should switch modes. Somehow it stops after 2 times. Not sure if i am able to find anything :D
When I am inside ( and drone has no gps signal)
every time i activate GPS spoof and deactivate it, app switches between FCC and CE accordingly tried approx 10 times each sessions

When i take drone outside app switches to CE regardless what i do with GPS spoof / real gps / gps spoof with airplane mode /no airplane mode / no sim cards / wiht sim cards

When I am inside ( and drone has no gps signal)
every time i activate GPS spoof and deactivate it, app switches between FCC and CE accordingly tried approx 10 times each sessions

When i take drone outside app switches to CE regardless what i do with GPS spoof / real gps / gps spoof with airplane mode /no airplane mode / no sim cards / wiht sim cards
Of those 10 times, it switched every time?

Of those 10 times, it switched every time?

yes , every time

also during one session ( by session i mean without rebooting anything) once drone has been outside, switching GPS spoof doesn't work anymore, it remains in CE even when i take it back inside. Rebooting the app allows me to continue switching CE to FCC accordingly while inside and all of this without rebooting the drone

if you have any other test ideas you wish me to perform just let me know I am home this evening, now and available

• Haha
Reactions: gb160
Inside the DJI Fly apk, there is a file called "dk_fragment_gps_mock.xml".
What happens if I change the value "enabled" to "disabled"? ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15