DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

the stick combo is just used for starting the motors in the beginning. Just pull both sticks down and in or both down and out. The landing part is very straight forward, I assume you always land the drone from the app, you can do it similarly by just asking it to descend, meaning left stick down. The same way you bring it back from the sky :)

Reactions: crosswired
the stick combo is just used for starting the motors in the beginning. Just pull both sticks down and in or both down and out. The landing part is very straight forward, I assume you always land the drone from the app, you can do it similarly by just asking it to descend, meaning left stick down. The same way you bring it back from the sky :)
thanks mate
yes, was always using the app to take off and land :)

To make the switch:

1. Fakegps on the phone with a location in the US (for this there are plenty of tutorials, if you have Android it's easier, if you have iOS it's a little more complicated)
2. DJI Fly on and connected to the phone
3. Start the drone
4. !!! Be careful that the drone does not have a GPS signal. Either do it inside the house, or cover it with aluminum foil or something. If both the remote control (from the phone) and the drone have a GPS signal, the location given by the drone prevails.
5. At the time of connection, the application will tell you that it has reset the radio for the area you are in
6. Turn off drone, turn off controller, disable fakegps, KILL app

This is the state in which the drone will remain. Now the problem is how do you keep it from going back to the CE area. For this, 2 things must be kept in mind:
1. The "change" command is given by the application! If the application is not connected, it does not know what kind of area it is in.
2. For obvious safety reasons, it will never reset the radio when it is in flight. So, *never* have the engines off and the application on. Otherwise, it will be reset to CE mode and the fakegps must be reset. So for me the takeoff / landing looks like this:

Take-off:
1. Phone connected to RC and ready but keep the phone turned off, no application turned on (if you have Android it might start the application alone so do not connect it at all)
2. Start the drone
3. Wait for a few seconds until the green LEDs flash
4. Use the sticks combo to start the engines (no need to take off, just start spinning the propellers slowly on the ground)
5. From this moment, the status of the drone is "in flight" so you can easily start the application and it will not reset the radio.

Landing:
1. Bring the drone close to the ground
2. Kill application, phone lock
3. Land

Thanks for taking the time to respond! Will give this a try later!

Reactions: Ice_2k
that other method involves using a hacked version of the Fly app. As an iOS developer for the past 10 years, i DO NOT recommend you to do that. I would much rather fly my drone in CE mode than doing that.
I can confirm that your method works perfectly, only used up one battery as it is still pretty **** windy where I am, but successfully took off, flew and landed twice without losing FCC power...I'll have to wait until the weekend for better weather to give it a proper range test, but judging by the dB level in the DJI fly app its all looking good.
Not sure what @danik102 is doing wrong.

IMG_0675.PNG

Last edited:
I can confirm that your method works perfectly, only used up one battery as it is still pretty **** windy where I am, but successfully took off, flew and landed twice without losing FCC power...I'll have to wait until the weekend for better weather to give it a proper range test, but judging by the dB level DJI fly app its all looking good.

View attachment 101291
top man!
thanks for testing ... I meant to get mine MA2 today but so far, tracking doesnt looks good

Reactions: gb160
top man!
thanks for testing ... I meant to get mine MA2 today but so far, tracking doesnt looks good
Honestly couldn't wait to get out and fly it! Its been 2 weeks since I sent my Mini back lol.
Can only confirm this on iOS, maybe thats the issue.

Reactions: crosswired
I can confirm that your method works perfectly, only used up one battery as it is still pretty **** windy where I am, but successfully took off, flew and landed twice without losing FCC power...I'll have to wait until the weekend for better weather to give it a proper range test, but judging by the dB level in the DJI fly app its all looking good.

View attachment 101291

Cool stuff :)

Reactions: gb160
Honestly couldn't wait to get out and fly it! Its been 2 weeks since I sent my Mini back lol.
Can only confirm this on iOS, maybe thats the issue.
I fly my Air (1) on both iOS and android, once I'll get my hands on Air 2 will check them all

View attachment 101291
Did the same steps still does not work
Changed to fcc, turned it off qnd rc the same.
Started motors without phone connected to rc and once it gets settlites it changes back to ce.

That what i did.
Started motors (wasnt on air but was running on ground), then conncted phone to rc, goes to camera view and its back in ce.
Well you're doing something wrong.
100% it works.

Well you're doing something wrong.
100% it works.
Gps spoof on, drone on, rc on > goes to setting checks its fcc
Turn off drone, rc, kill dji fly app and gps spoof.
Turn on drone, rc on (not connected to phone), green flash > starting motors with stick combo > connect rc to phone and connect app

Am i missing something?!

for sure go in the air and then connect phone.for mavic mini i do it this way....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.