DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK CE to FCC working

a bit strange as the drone in the air shouldnt change its radio settings...

Android.....

I haven't tried this on my new MA2 yet but on my Mini if I set the hack inside I take it outside and cover the drone with foil (or by hand) and THEN turn it and the RC on. After they connect remove the foil (or hand) and immediately use the CSC (using the sticks down and in) method to launch the drone. The phone can then be connected.

I've made a small cardboard piece covered with foil that I place on the mini when doing this outside. Using ones hand to cover the drone and manipulating the RC can get tricky.....

If you want to check if the hack is still set outside before starting the motors and before removing the foil or hand from the drone the phone can be connected and you can check on the map to see the location. After checking at that time you can remove the foil and IMMEDIATELY start the drone by CSC (using the sticks down and in). After the motors start and the RTH is set the drone will show your present location as it has picked up the GPS for RTH. The hack is still set.

This works on the mini. Please advise if it works on the MA2.....

Okay, Android users: I think I have sussed it. Dont look at the line at -90, as that wont change. What will change however, is the option to have Auto vs Manual (FCC) or Auto only (CE) as the 'Channel Mode'. See image below. This is also the same on iOS btw, and is far easier to glance than looking at the -90 line. Look closely at the original poster's images, you can see it.

The steps which have worked for me:

Initial config:
  • Install Fake GPS app
  • Make sure Fly app is closed
  • Put airplane mode on
  • Set Fake GPS location to somewhere in Ohio (you can confirm this has worked by opening Google Maps and seeing where it thinks you are)
  • Put drone in a room in middle of house, where it cannot get GPS signal (or use tinfoil to cover)
  • Connect phone to remote and turn it on. Launch Fly app.
  • Turn on drone
  • To confirm you're in FCC mode, go to Settings -> Transmission. You should see an option for both Auto and Manual 'Channel Mode'. See image below:
View attachment 101433

• Now turn everything off. Your drone is now in FCC mode. To keep it in this mode when flying, consult the previous posts in this thread (first page)

Hope this helps!

Benno
Hi Benno,
Allow me to plagiarize your picture.

I ran the first dji fly launch (ANDROID) with fake GPS in US.

Per the instructions above.

Now, see below:
Capture4.PNG
I add 2 observations.
Firstly I only went straight to the 2nd view on the lower half.

However if you see my highlight and indicators, it would seem the ~1km level is actually higher in "FCC view", at about ~87dBm vs 90dBm in "CE View"

For me to STAY in "FCC View" I find that I dont need to CSC start the motors before launching the fly app. I just start the aircraft and wait till it gets to green blink connection to RC before starting the app. (This part I need to repeat and verify). I can't seem to CSC my motors without launching the Fly app, not sure is it because I am in a Blue unlock zone not far from Airport.

For the sake of science, I should try to revert to "CE View" but I kind of dont want to jinx or get kicked off my current "sticky" FCC mode.

Rgds
Titus Lee

Hi Benno,
Allow me to plagiarize your picture.

I ran the first dji fly launch (ANDROID) with fake GPS in US.

Per the instructions above.

Now, see below:
View attachment 101474
I add 2 observations.
Firstly I only went straight to the 2nd view on the lower half.

However if you see my highlight and indicators, it would seem the ~1km level is actually higher in "FCC view", at about ~87dBm vs 90dBm in "CE View"

For me to STAY in "FCC View" I find that I dont need to CSC start the motors before launching the fly app. I just start the aircraft and wait till it gets to green blink connection to RC before starting the app. (This part I need to repeat and verify). I can't seem to CSC my motors without launching the Fly app, not sure is it because I am in a Blue unlock zone not far from Airport.

For the sake of science, I should try to revert to "CE View" but I kind of dont want to jinx or get kicked off my current "sticky" FCC mode.

Rgds
Titus Lee

Hi Titus

Thanks for your additional observations - nice catch on the ~1km line.

Benno

Reactions: Gary R
Hello guys.. besides the above and below 90dbm line.. is there another way to know if the drone is on CE or FCC?? .. this is the thing.. im in Costa Rica, the country is supposed to be FCC but for DJI it is CE (or at least in the past it used to be)... I do have the AirSense version ( so I'm using the American version ) when I fly my drone and check the transmission tab, the line is above the 90dBm right from start.. without any hack or gps trick or anything it just keeps above the 90dbm.... Asking some friends they said that for DJI the country is still CE, but DJI was supposed to update the country to FCC.. now. they are saying that with the MA2 and the DJI FLy the above/below 90 dbm guide is tricky because if one use an iPhone the line is above, but if one use an android the line is right on 90dbm.. so.. How can I truly tell if I'm on FCC or CE, besides this 90dbm line? is there anything on the DJI Fly app that shows you this?

Hello guys.. besides the above and below 90dbm line.. is there another way to know if the drone is on CE or FCC?? .. this is the thing.. im in Costa Rica, the country is supposed to be FCC but for DJI it is CE (or at least in the past it used to be)... I do have the AirSense version ( so I'm using the American version ) when I fly my drone and check the transmission tab, the line is above the 90dBm right from start.. without any hack or gps trick or anything it just keeps above the 90dbm.... Asking some friends they said that for DJI the country is still CE, but DJI was supposed to update the country to FCC.. now. they are saying that with the MA2 and the DJI FLy the above/below 90 dbm guide is tricky because if one use an iPhone the line is above, but if one use an android the line is right on 90dbm.. so.. How can I truly tell if I'm on FCC or CE, besides this 90dbm line? is there anything on the DJI Fly app that shows you this?
See above the posts from Titus which explains it very well (pictures) when you have android.

I can confirm that your method works perfectly, only used up one battery as it is still pretty **** windy where I am, but successfully took off, flew and landed twice without losing FCC power...I'll have to wait until the weekend for better weather to give it a proper range test, but judging by the dB level in the DJI fly app its all looking good.
Not sure what @danik102 is doing wrong.

View attachment 101291
How come in your channel mode it only says Auto when in FFC mode it should say Manual and Auto.

hi folks, im in the same boat. can get it to change to fcc in the house, but when i do the steps posted above , and take off outside then turn on the phine and app, it changes back to ce mode. im using andriod also :(

How come in your channel mode it only says Auto when in FFC mode it should say Manual and Auto.
Think thats only on Android mate, im using iOS.

Besides, the true test of FCC mode (as far as the app is concerned) is where the dB line is located, not sure that auto/manual thing actually means anything.

Last edited:
hi folks, im in the same boat. can get it to change to fcc in the house, but when i do the steps posted above , and take off outside then turn on the phine and app, it changes back to ce mode. im using andriod also :(
Can you take a screenshot of the transmission settings / status when you think you are back in CE mode?

Here’s the screenshots. First one the map on usa used to fake the gps, then the drone in fcc mode and finally after I turn the controller on outside , then the drone , then fly the drone up 1 metre or so and only then turn the phone and app back on7E9F9DE6-6984-4F74-979E-B66EF7DA2F46.jpegC05B50B5-BADD-46A0-9659-53415C69E64A.jpeg5F1B405B-8BFA-4672-A61E-B941CD81FE6A.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s the screenshots. First one the map on usa used to fake the gps, then the drone in fcc mode and finally after I turn the controller on outside , then the drone , then fly the drone up 1 metre or so and only then turn the phone and app back onView attachment 101532

View attachment 101534View attachment 101539
I just started and flew my drone this morning here to check. For my case I seem to be stuck with the 1km at 87dbm. (Ie fcc mode). My procedure has always been the same, power on drone, power on RC wait for green blink on rear led and then launch fly app.

after fly, I land, stop motors and close the fly app first before switching off the drone.
I repeated the procedure above just to be sure, and on the second time I still get the “FCC view”.

My hunch is I activated my drone in “Virginia”. That is my fake GPS was ON the first time I activated the drone. Can you guys chime in?

I just started and flew my drone this morning here to check. For my case I seem to be stuck with the 1km at 87dbm. (Ie fcc mode). My procedure has always been the same, power on drone, power on RC wait for green blink on rear led and then launch fly app.

after fly, I land, stop motors and close the fly app first before switching off the drone.
I repeated the procedure above just to be sure, and on the second time I still get the “FCC view”.

My hunch is I activated my drone in “Virginia”. That is my fake GPS was ON the first time I activated the drone. Can you guys chime in?
I did the same thing (activated the drone when the phone was in the US (fake gps)) and got the same results...

For me, it's not a bad thing.... I'm happy to be in that mode all the time. Time will tell how long it lasts.....

Reactions: lee82gx
I did the same thing (activated the drone when the phone was in the US (fake gps)) and got the same results...

For me, it's not a bad thing.... I'm happy to be in that mode all the time. Time will tell how long it lasts.....
Thanks for replying, I presume you are on Android yes? Was about to think that I have a special Air 2.

Is your ma2 in ce mode in malaysia? Because mine is straight away in fcc mode without any trick when I flew it the first time. Assuming in the fcc mode, there is an option to change auto & manual transmission mode.

Is your ma2 in ce mode in malaysia? Because mine is straight away in fcc mode without any trick when I flew it the first time. Assuming in the fcc mode, there is an option to change auto & manual transmission mode.
please look at all my posts and especially #82. I started with spoofing and i assumed i was in fcc mode. no idea whether it was not. Still trying to get to the bottom of this.

Reactions: Gary R

Im having the same thing with mine in Costa Rica, my drone is the one with Air Sense ( american version) but I bought it from the DJI Store in Costa Rica, when I got it I just installed the DJI Fly app, updated the firmware,, took it for a ride.. and according to the Transmission tab.. i had Auto and Manual options.. and my line was above the 90dBm.. I didn't trick the app with any GPS hack or anything.. Now here is the thing, according to DJI, Costa Rica is a CE country ( as most of the countries besides the US) but Costa Rica actually is an FCC country (DJI was just to lazy to update their records), so I'm wondering.. is it that DJI already updated their database?? or is that even with the Auto & Manual option AND the line above the 90dBm the drone is still in CE mode?? Is not that i really want FCC or anything like that.. I'm fine with CE if is the case, but im just curious about this.

Im having the same thing with mine in Costa Rica, my drone is the one with Air Sense ( american version) but I bought it from the DJI Store in Costa Rica, when I got it I just installed the DJI Fly app, updated the firmware,, took it for a ride.. and according to the Transmission tab.. i had Auto and Manual options.. and my line was above the 90dBm.. I didn't trick the app with any GPS hack or anything.. Now here is the thing, according to DJI, Costa Rica is a CE country ( as most of the countries besides the US) but Costa Rica actually is an FCC country (DJI was just to lazy to update their records), so I'm wondering.. is it that DJI already updated their database?? or is that even with the Auto & Manual option AND the line above the 90dBm the drone is still in CE mode?? Is not that i really want FCC or anything like that.. I'm fine with CE if is the case, but im just curious about this.
maybe you can fully spoof your fly app to be in a definitely CE region to try it out :p

Reactions: Rekal007
please look at all my posts and especially #82. I started with spoofing and i assumed i was in fcc mode. no idea whether it was not. Still trying to get to the bottom of this.

OK, here's what I have found out so far:

All of the following was done using a Samsung (Android) phone.

Since I activated my MA2 my transmission has always shown the "1km" level to be @ +- 87db. Keeping in mind that when I activated I had already set the fake gps program to a US location. I have never seen the transmission page to show the "1km" to be at any other position other than the +-87db. That and the transmission page has always shown both the Auto and Manual options.

To check this out on my MA2 I shut down all apps on my phone. I did not start the fake gps and checked on google map and it showed my present location in Malaysia.

I connected the phone and RC and started the Fly app on the phone and started the RC. When the phone connected to the RC the Fly app started. I then turned on the drone and after the RC and drone connected I checked the location on the map and as expected it showed my location in Malaysia. The transmission page still showed the Auto and Manual transmission options.

I started the props on the drone and as expected the location did not change. The transmission page still showed the "1km" to be at the same +- 87db. The transmission page still showed the Auto and Manual transmission options.

I then shut down the drone, RC, and Fly app and disconnected the phone.

As per the suggestion that Benno put out I put the airplane mode (flight mode) on the phone and set the location in the US. I then covered the drone with foil (the drone was turned off).

I then connected the phone to the RC and turned the RC on. After the phone connected to the RC I turned on the drone (note was still covered by foil) and when the drone and RC connected I hit go fly and checked in the fly app and the location was still in the US. The transmission page still showed the Auto and Manual frequency Options. The "1km" still showed the +- 87db level.

I then removed the foil cover on the drone and started the props by using the CSC method. After about 4 seconds the location changed as expected to my present location in Malaysia. This was expected for the RTH to work.

I checked the transmission page and the "1km" still showed the +- 87db level. The transmission page still showed the Auto and Manual frequency Options.

I must admit that I am a bit confused on this and it appears if the transmission indicators are correct then I am permanently (for the time being) in FCC mode or have been in CE mode and the fake gps did not work at this time.

As it is raining I can't do a distance test and I don't have a Freq meter to check the output.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

OK, here's what I have found out so far:

All of the following was done using a Samsung (Android) phone.

Since I activated my MA2 my transmission has always shown the "1km" level to be @ +- 87db. Keeping in mind that when I activated I had already set the fake gps program to a US location. I have never seen the transmission page to show the "1km" to be at any other position other than the +-87db. That and the transmission page has always shown both the Auto and Manual options.

To check this out on my MA2 I shut down all apps on my phone. I did not start the fake gps and checked on google map and it showed my present location in Malaysia.

I connected the phone and RC and started the Fly app on the phone and started the RC. When the phone connected to the RC the Fly app started. I then turned on the drone and after the RC and drone connected I checked the location on the map and as expected it showed my location in Malaysia. The transmission page still showed the Auto and Manual transmission options.

I started the props on the drone and as expected the location did not change. The transmission page still showed the "1km" to be at the same +- 87db. The transmission page still showed the Auto and Manual transmission options.

I then shut down the drone, RC, and Fly app and disconnected the phone.

As per the suggestion that Benno put out I put the airplane mode (flight mode) on the phone and set the location in the US. I then covered the drone with foil (the drone was turned off).

I then connected the phone to the RC and turned the RC on. After the phone connected to the RC I turned on the drone (note was still covered by foil) and when the drone and RC connected I hit go fly and checked in the fly app and the location was still in the US. The transmission page still showed the Auto and Manual frequency Options. The "1km" still showed the +- 87db level.

I then removed the foil cover on the drone and started the props by using the CSC method. After about 4 seconds the location changed as expected to my present location in Malaysia. This was expected for the RTH to work.

I checked the transmission page and the "1km" still showed the +- 87db level. The transmission page still showed the Auto and Manual frequency Options.

I must admit that I am a bit confused on this and it appears if the transmission indicators are correct then I am permanently (for the time being) in FCC mode or have been in CE mode and the fake gps did not work at this time.

As it is raining I can't do a distance test and I don't have a Freq meter to check the output.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

To be honest, it sounds like you're in FCC mode throughout

Reactions: gb160

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes