DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK dji drone insurance.

Bala

Reactions
Great news for anyone wanting to insure their dji drones in the UK. I've just been informed that the flying club BMFA has decided to partner with the insurance group FlyIcarus to take drone policies for half price if you are a member of the club. To join the BMFA as a 'country' member costs £38. The drone insurance (only DJI) will then cost £69. As soon as you join BMFA you automatically have public liability insurance of up to 25 million. The great thing about the deal with FlyIcarus is that, for the 1st time in this country, they insure against flyaways and flying over water!! As far as i can tell the mavic pro will be insured for £900 with an excess of £90. Well worth looking into. Personally i have been a member of the BMFA for 2 yrs and my Mavic pro is insured with Photoguard. They DON'T do flyaways or over water. Hope this is helpful to all you Brit flyers. I'm certainly going for it. Fly safe.

Great news for anyone wanting to insure their dji drones in the UK. I've just been informed that the flying club BMFA has decided to partner with the insurance group FlyIcarus to take drone policies for half price if you are a member of the club. To join the BMFA as a 'country' member costs £38. The drone insurance (only DJI) will then cost £69. As soon as you join BMFA you automatically have public liability insurance of up to 25 million. The great thing about the deal with FlyIcarus is that, for the 1st time in this country, they insure against flyaways and flying over water!! As far as i can tell the mavic pro will be insured for £900 with an excess of £90. Well worth looking into. Personally i have been a member of the BMFA for 2 yrs and my Mavic pro is insured with Photoguard. They DON'T do flyaways or over water. Hope this is helpful to all you Brit flyers. I'm certainly going for it. Fly safe.
just went on the site but couldnt find anything about insurance i am a member already

British Model Flying Association
Sport & recreation
Send Message
British Model Flying AssociationLike Page
Yesterday at 18:22
The BMFA has today agreed to partner with FlyIcarus.com, a leading provider of both Commercial and Hobbyist drone insurance.
The BMFA have negotiated a 50% discount off FlyIcarus.com’s existing hobbyist accidental damage drone insurance cover, making it now the most affordable accidental damage insurance product available on the market.
FlyIcarus.com launched in August 2017 and have since then issued over 15,000 quotes to UK multi-rotor drone operators. Feedback from many of these operators came from BMFA members who were specifically after an accidental damage only policy.
Members of the BMFA already benefit from the Public Liability Insurance they automatically receive as a part of their membership. This new offering from FlyIcarus.com fills the ‘accidental damage’ gap that, up until now, has not been available to Hobbyist multi-rotor drone operators.
Initially, FlyIcarus.com will be focussing on Hobby drone insurance for DJI manufactured multi-rotor drones only. Further down the line this may be expanded to include other manufacturers.
David Phipps – Chief Executive of the BMFA commented: -
“The BMFA is pleased to announce this new partnership with FlyIcarus which provides a great optional benefit for those members operating DJI Drones”.
Chris Holloway – Managing Director of FlyIcarus.com commented: -
“We are very excited to announce this partnership with the BMFA. As the first company in the UK to offer accidental damage only cover to hobbyist multi-rotor drone operators, we believe this latest product offering is ground breaking, and something the multi-rotor drone hobbyist community have been crying out for, for quite some time”.
For further information about the accidental damage only policy visit - www.flyicarus.com

old man mavic. Just click on the FlyIcarus link. Let me know if it works.
yes thanks Bala it worked will give it a look

British Model Flying Association
Sport & recreation
Send Message
British Model Flying AssociationLike Page
Yesterday at 18:22
The BMFA has today agreed to partner with FlyIcarus.com, a leading provider of both Commercial and Hobbyist drone insurance.
The BMFA have negotiated a 50% discount off FlyIcarus.com’s existing hobbyist accidental damage drone insurance cover, making it now the most affordable accidental damage insurance product available on the market.
FlyIcarus.com launched in August 2017 and have since then issued over 15,000 quotes to UK multi-rotor drone operators. Feedback from many of these operators came from BMFA members who were specifically after an accidental damage only policy.
Members of the BMFA already benefit from the Public Liability Insurance they automatically receive as a part of their membership. This new offering from FlyIcarus.com fills the ‘accidental damage’ gap that, up until now, has not been available to Hobbyist multi-rotor drone operators.
Initially, FlyIcarus.com will be focussing on Hobby drone insurance for DJI manufactured multi-rotor drones only. Further down the line this may be expanded to include other manufacturers.
David Phipps – Chief Executive of the BMFA commented: -
“The BMFA is pleased to announce this new partnership with FlyIcarus which provides a great optional benefit for those members operating DJI Drones”.
Chris Holloway – Managing Director of FlyIcarus.com commented: -
“We are very excited to announce this partnership with the BMFA. As the first company in the UK to offer accidental damage only cover to hobbyist multi-rotor drone operators, we believe this latest product offering is ground breaking, and something the multi-rotor drone hobbyist community have been crying out for, for quite some time”.
For further information about the accidental damage only policy visit - www.flyicarus.com
looked on site great saving over normal price covered my mav platinum for just under £75 thanks again for the info

Very interested in this. Will take a look. Got a quote off Cover Drone inc flyaways etc but it was £££ with a £££ excess. Decided I was better off self insuring.

This looks good value though but will read the wording etc - check there’s nothing sneaky in there!

Very interested in this. Will take a look. Got a quote off Cover Drone inc flyaways etc but it was £££ with a £££ excess. Decided I was better off self insuring.

This looks good value though but will read the wording etc - check there’s nothing sneaky in there!
£74.50 for the platinum £90 excess i did not choose third party liability as have that with BMFA i did it to cover damage or loss of the mav

Excellent price. Will have a squizz at the wording and see what if any exclusions apply (insurance underwriter by trade so I always check these things :) ).
the only thing not sure about was the fact that with the tie up to BMFA dont know if the price will increase on renewal next year still its not bad its the 50 percnt reduction that makes it worthwhile this time

the only thing not sure about was the fact that with the tie up to BMFA dont know if the price will increase on renewal next year still its not bad its the 50 percnt reduction that makes it worthwhile this time

Even at twice the price it’s still 50% cheaper than Cover Drone and doesn’t have a silly £250 excess!

Reactions: old man mavic

Well I’ve just joined the BMFA so first step done. Worth it a) to support the association and b) for the liability cover.

There’s also a local club to me and come spring I’m going to put some serious time into getting to grips with my CP Helis so there may be some help there too.

Reactions: Bala
Well I’ve just joined the BMFA so first step done. Worth it a) to support the association and b) for the liability cover.

There’s also a local club to me and come spring I’m going to put some serious time into getting to grips with my CP Helis so there may be some help there too.
i have found that when approached by members of the pulic or even police when they see that you take things seriously and have insurence cover and are up to speed on the flying regs they tend to leave you alone to get on with enjoying your hobby

hi Dannybgoode did you check up on the insurance from flyicarus just wondered how you rated it

Thanks for the link. Looked like a great opportunity to get a good deal.

I've just insured my (New) Mavic 2 Zoom through FlyIcarus - did feel 50/50 about doing it, as insurance companies like nothing better than not to pay. That said I'll keep an eye on the forums so that if anyone has the misfortune to need to claim I can see how they were treated, and (obviously) I'll post anything that happens on my end. After thinking a while I figured that the liability cover was probably worth it as well, so I can take the certificate out with me in case of complaints (not exactly unheard of !!)...

G

Last edited:
Reactions: Mym8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes