DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Drone Insurance Options

South-West-Skies

Reactions
Hi,
I bought a Mavic Platinum Pro for Christmas, been flying the last few weeks as the weather has started to improve.

I have public liability insurance but am looking for advice on insurance against loss or damage caused by crashing, own fault insurance for want of a better way of putting it.

Anyone in UK can recommend cover and insurers ?

Thanks.

Hi,
I bought a Mavic Platinum Pro for Christmas, been flying the last few weeks as the weather has started to improve.

I have public liability insurance but am looking for advice on insurance against loss or damage caused by crashing, own fault insurance for want of a better way of putting it.

Anyone in UK can recommend cover and insurers ?

Thanks.
Hi there I found a great one its called Flylcarus I insured my spark but will do my platinum as well. Cost me £140 which includes £1.000000 person and building etc insurance.

Also does over water, fly aways, all damage etc really great insurance try if my friend. Regards Irvine (Portsmouth UK)

Reactions: South-West-Skies
Hi
I have been looking around for insurance for public and eqipment cover. I called Fly Icarus a couple of days ago and they told me they don't cover flyaways, they will cover crashes if you can recover the wreckage, all the bits and pieces. In the end after looking around I got cover from CoverDrone, they give cover for flyaways, accidental damage, crashes, £1m public liability, worldwide cover, with some exceptions, as long as you are following the regulations of the country you are in. I got about £1500 cover for drone and ground equipment for just over £125. I haven't needed to claim as yet and hope not to, I'll need to increase my cover as I recently got a CrystalSky monitor.
I hope this may be of some help. Phil (Bournemouth UK)

Hi
I have been looking around for insurance for public and eqipment cover. I called Fly Icarus a couple of days ago and they told me they don't cover flyaways, they will cover crashes if you can recover the wreckage, all the bits and pieces. In the end after looking around I got cover from CoverDrone, they give cover for flyaways, accidental damage, crashes, £1m public liability, worldwide cover, with some exceptions, as long as you are following the regulations of the country you are in. I got about £1500 cover for drone and ground equipment for just over £125. I haven't needed to claim as yet and hope not to, I'll need to increase my cover as I recently got a CrystalSky monitor.
I hope this may be of some help. Phil (Bournemouth UK)
Hello don't know what Flycarous you tried . I paid £120 for the year with a million pounds insurance also it does cover flyaway my policy shows what cover you get and it's a lot.

Hello don't know what Flycarous you tried .

Hi, I got a little mixed up as I was looking at quite a few insurance options. It was PhotoGuard that I spoke to on the phone. I looked for FlyIcarus and only found a drone training setup.
I looked further tonight and found FlyIcarus insurance, you are right they do cover flyaways and over water flying. When looking at the small print as it were there seemed to be an awful lot they didn't cover, the first being theft, so I would need aditional cover for that, it is not a new for old policy, they don't cover any of your groung equipment other than the RC, they don't cover transport or storage of your equipment.
So for about the same price I think CoverDrone are providing much better cover as they cover all of the above.

FlyIcuras is the company I used brilliant customer service very friendly and helpful and know what they’re talking about.

I’m also a member of fpv UK which gives you a little bit more discount off your flyicuras annual fee, plus fpv UK covers you for £5m liability insurance for £19.99 a year would definitely recommend both these.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60