DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK - drone registration coming our way

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
the new regulations that are being proposed, are an attempt by the government to be seen to be addressing the concerns being expressed by certain parties within the administration, with regards to the dangers that drones may or may not have on the safety of airspace in the UK.

they are no different to the way that road users are regulated to be able to drive on the public highway, the negative in the main picture painted by the media has not helped, we all know that ,but good or bad, the main reason these new rules are coming our way is because of the potential danger that unsafe use of a drone could have to other users of our airspace.

the same way as driving regs will not stop people from breaking the rules,then the drone regs will not stop people from abusing the capabilities of a drone for causing problems within the airspace,it is the peoples choice whether they fly legally, or choose to ignore the rules and risk the punishments that are being proposed.

everything we do these days is subject to rules and inherent costs, and unfortunately these things have caught up with our hobby, although there have been considerable costs involved in commercial drone use for some time now

Reactions: Mangaliso and Porky
Nice points dad, I couldn’t agree with you more on this.? How many other hobbies/sport/activities pay a subscription, quite a few when you closer into it.

Reactions: old man mavic
Difference is, they don't knock on your door after a road incident just because you are the nearest person with a license.

Points well made. I would say though the cost is way more than it needs to be. I believe around £16 every year. Where as here in the USA it $5 for three years.

yes the British people call it rip of Britain ,with good reason

With a lot of things we do pay ott but I still don’t think £16.50 is a bank breaker.

So if you think it’s “rip off Britton” don’t pay it, take the chance?

Reactions: old man mavic
Hey all! I see that this is an older thread, I have a related questions that I think you may be able to help with. I'll be in N. England walking Hadrians wall next month and would like to take my drone. Do I need to register? Can I fly? TIA!

Hey all! I see that this is an older thread, I have a related questions that I think you may be able to help with. I'll be in N. England walking Hadrians wall next month and would like to take my drone. Do I need to register? Can I fly? TIA!

Hi camarillodrew, welcome to the forum. The registration for UK flyers comes into affect this November so no need to until then. Not to sure about the fly zone at Hadrians wall, might be worth looking at getting an app like “NATS drone assist”, available for IOS and Android. That will tell and show you where to fly.?

Not to sure of your location, you haven’t put details in your title?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe