DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Drone users look likely to take drone test

Call it "Big Brother" or enforced "Control" there are means to "Self Regulate" drone usage.
("Caveat this will not apply to users who never update drone f/w or software or hack :) ")

In the latest F/W there are the "non-mandatory UUID / Registration fields, the UUID will be from the drone.
Registration will probably issued by whoever manages any testing.

It will be very easy to implement a "Kill Switch"(No Fly) feature in the software, if it's not already there..??
The app only needs to interrogate some "registration" database to look for a "valid" UUID/Reg details.

Remember DJI(et al) will do whatever to appease local authorities, they don't want to jeopardise sales...
And there's the rub. It would be software controlled, it's basically just a piece of computer code. If there's a kill switch built into the software I reckon it'll take, mmmmm, 5 minutes for someone to work out a way to disable it! It's a complete waste of time and really really unnecessary.

And as for DJI and all this affecting their sales. It probably already has. Many people on this forum vowing never to buy a DJI product ever again. Yeah, I know, other manufacturers will follow suit in time. Apart from my Mavic (which I really really like btw) I have 2 Yuneec drones, none of this having to sign in before you fly yet with Yuneec but I can see it coming. So what to do then. It is really not that hard to build your own drone, it really isn't. A few YouTube videos and a handful of components and you'll be away! And a custom built drone would probably be a heap more fun....

And it's worth just reiterating what I said in my original post. No-one has been killed by a drone in the UK or indeed anywhere in the world as far as I know. Add to that, the fact that drones aren't dropping out of the sky all over the planet injuring thousands of people everyday. They just aren't, it's a fact. Talk about inventing regulations for a problem that just doesn't exist, all because of a few sensationalist newspaper headlines! Last year, 400 people died in the UK falling down stairs in their own homes! Are we going to get regulations on how to use stairs?!!! It just beggars belief, it really does.....

Reactions: Youser

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki