DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Insurance

This is perfect. Been looking for something like this for ages. Not bothering with the DJI refresh now either!

Have you got a quote for this cover?

Just got off the phone to photoguard and this is what they cover and what they don't.

Policy price for covering £1200 (drone + accessories).
Theft and accidental damage only.
No mechanical breakdown cover.
No liability cover.
The drone must be recovered to claim accidental damage.
Uk coverage with 20 consecutive days abroad.
£50 excess.

Yearly cost £29.43.
I am going to check with my home insurance as I think this level of cover will be included on my contents policy.

I'm very interested in hearing what they say...

I haven't got my drone yet so I'm very interested in this thread as I was planning to buy the DJI Refresh...

But from what I'm reading I may be covered - in some way at least - on my existing house insurance...

Reactions: scooot
Aviva in the uk cover loss theft or flyaway .. it been written about .. not all home insurance will cover drones and those that do won't all cover a straight loss or crash as Aviva will

Reactions: I_Like_Drones
Forgot to mention £2mil public liability cover is standard

No mention of EC 785/2004 yet?

Your insurance needs to be this type to be able to cover you for liability to do with drone use, commercially at least.

If you are uninsured and you damage something or injure someone, their insurance is valid (car, vessel, house, business). If you are insured for hobbyist use, you need to prove you were not using the aricraft for commercial purposes before any insurer will consider paying any money out.

We use: — Drone Insurance UK | Quadcopter, SUA & UAS Drone Insurance | Insure4Drones

Re EC 785 .. 2. This Regulation shall not apply to:

(b) model aircraft with an MTOM of less than 20 kg;

Re them claiming on their own insurance for 3rd party uninsured injury, They would simply claim against the pilot in a civil court

Re insure4drones .. it is for commercial use not hobby . The thread was (I thought) aimed at hobbyist protecting their investment and having peace of mind for loss etc

Reactions: scooot
Re insure4drones .. it is for commercial use not hobby . The thread was (I thought) aimed at hobbyist protecting their investment and having peace of mind for loss etc
Totally. Just wanted to inform those reading. :)

Backmeup.co.uk for Theft/Acc Damage/Loss(flyaways) £7.99/month
FPVUK for Public LIability £19.99 per anum

Have Backmeup actually confirmed they will cover you for flyaways?. Looking at their Terms they don't cover mechanical breakdown which I think puts loss & flyaways in a dubious position.

Please Note - As of 20th September 2017 - BackMeup.co.uk will no longer cover drones for new policies.

Current policy holders will remain covered as long as the policy remains active.

Photoguard insurance.
Has anyone successfully made a claim from them for a drone damaged in flight or water damage?

I have just got insured for my Mavic air with Endsleigh accidental damage for £1000 cost me £19.20

Last edited:
If I could work out how to upload a photo I would show you the policy

I just checked out the Endsleigh website and did as you did above and the premium was £102 per year

Hi all,

If you are of a certain age, then SAGA on their home insurance policy cover loss, damage and theft for unspecified items up to £2500, and personal liability up to £2000.000.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum