DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK pilot checks in

Hello every drone pilot around the world.
i got my first ever drone on my 60th birthday here in the uk last December and due to lockdown etc I’ve only just started flying it recently.

I absolutely love the mini and think it’s a great starter model.
im looking forward to some decent uk weather so I can start experimenting with it.

stay safe ? ??
Welcome from Hampshire UKDrone-guy.

i got my first ever drone on my 60th birthday here in the uk last December and due to lockdown etc I’ve only just started flying it recently.

im looking forward to some decent uk weather so I can start experimenting with it.

stay safe ? ??
Welcome. I am a 70-year-old brand new pilot too, and like you I have a Mini 2 and loving it. The Norfolk skies are welcoming.

stay safe ? ??
Hello from Sunny Somerset,
welcome to the forum, never to late to learn new skills. I've been flying model aircraft, mainly gliders and full size aircraft as I work with both military and commercial aircraft.

I've just started flying drones, like you it was my 60th birthday when I got a Mavic Pro, but wanted something with a better camera (not that the MP doesn't have a good camera ? At 4k videos)
So opted for the Phantom 4 Pro, wow, it's pretty decent machine, fantastic camera and can handle pretty server wind, so it's ultra stable and flys well, just a bit bigger than I would have liked, so it doesn't get out as much as I would have liked.
Now for my 63rd birthday (St Patrick's day, 2021) I got the Mavic 2 Pro, it's a nice piece of kit. I took it out yesterday for it's maiden flights at Hayling Island, along the coast for a family gathering now we are allowed to travel.
This is a very impressive piece of kit, it handles pretty well in the wind gusts, pretty stable, I just now need to download the videos so i can share ?.
All the very best, safe flying and let's hope things continue to improve ? so we can all get back out to enjoy doing flying ? again.
Best regards
Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty