DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Registration:

Are you sure about the battery compartment? In the guidance for where to label your drone it states:

• easy to read when the aircraft is on the ground
If you have to take the battery out to read the number, then I don't think you're sticking to that rule?

I registered yesterday. Printed a small(about 3mm)label. For the moment I have stuck it on the side of my MA just under the DJI label. If it wears or falls off in time, I think I shall replace it with a similar label inside the battery compartment. If anybody of authority was pedantic enough to want to check if it was 'readable on the ground' I would remove the battery place MA upside down and say 'there you go, now read that'. ??

Ordered 6mm vinyl letters off the ‘net

View attachment 84964
Cool. Read another thread. Apparently the CAA states that the reason is more for when the drone is found and for example; a policeman needs to check the Operator I.D. without having to 'disassemble' in anyway. So if the label was on the battery he could pick it up and read it. My first effort is on the side. If I have any weather erosion issues I shall stick one underneath next time. Either way I'm not going to get too neurotic about this. I'm sure they should be happy that at least it is registered and labelled. Then get on with catching the illegal idiot flyers!!

Reactions: jumblemon
I totally agree, I`ve not yet had any aggro from anyone when flying but it would appear that only un-informed or pedantic people would have a go and with all this plus Drone Assist you could confidently and politely tell them to `do one`.

The only comments I have had in nearly 2 years have been ones of interest....which is great!

Not too small I hope. They need to be block caps at least 3mm tall.

Pretty sure this is more than 3mm, but I really cant see a Policeman taking out a ruler to check.

Attachments

• D528F575-EC41-4045-B984-4836D934A8BF.jpeg
    D528F575-EC41-4045-B984-4836D934A8BF.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: Lastrexking
Pretty sure this is more than 3mm, but I really cant see a Policeman taking out a ruler to check.
That’s where I put mine on my Air. Considered the inside of one of the arms, but already have a label there with my phone number.

Edit - glad 8m not the only one with battery labels too. Wife thinks I’m a right loser.

Reactions: old man mavic
I’m pleased to have registered and very happy to put the OP Number in a prominent place - it’s been a long time coming.

This way, anybody in authority has no need to touch your drone to check the number and it may even start to correct our undeserved reputation with the public caused by the idiot flyers.

If we all show our numbers and be proud then the idiots who don’t register and fly dangerously giving us a bad name will be easier to catch.

View attachment 84962
This is the best looking solution I’ve seen.

This is the best looking solution I’ve seen.

Yeah, I have a set of those letters currently in my Amazon basket. I think they are perfect. Will see how my label lasts before I decide wether or not to buy them.

Yeah, I have a set of those letters currently in my Amazon basket. I think they are perfect. Will see how my label lasts before I decide wether or not to buy them.
Have you got a link please? I can’t find them.

here is mine i put the operator id on one side and the flyer id on the other, and also one of each in the battery compartment, although you only need to carry the flyer id if you are actually flying the drone, i thought with my memory it would be the day i forgot it ,that would be the day i did not have it on my person when i was asked to produce itFHD0003.JPG

That’s where I put mine on my Air. Considered the inside of one of the arms, but already have a label there with my phone number.

Edit - glad 8m not the only one with battery labels too. Wife thinks I’m a right loser.
dont worry your not, mine asked me if i numbered them so i could remember how many i had ,i will not print my answer to her, i get enough stick for the way i look after my stuff as it is, (you think more of that drone than you do of me )is her favorite saying when i go out to my man cave, she is right i do,but to be fair my mav cant cook as well as she can

Reactions: Lastrexking
here is mine i put the operator id on one side and the flyer id on the other, and also one of each in the battery compartment, although you only need to carry the flyer id if you are actually flying the drone, i thought with my memory it would be the day i forgot it ,that would be the day i did not have it on my person when i was asked to produce itView attachment 84986
I believe OP I.D. only has to be used ?

Attachments

• 20191105_150621.jpg
    20191105_150621.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
I believe OP I.D. only has to be used ?
that is quite correct, but anyone flying a drone even if they are not the registered operator of said drone, has to produce a flyer ID number to show that they have passed the online test and i thought it was just as easy to put it on the drone as well

Reactions: jumblemon
that is quite correct, but anyone flying a drone even if they are not the registered operator of said drone, has to produce a flyer ID number to show that they have passed the online test and i thought it was just as easy to put it on the drone as well
Got it. I'll keep mine on my phone if ever it is required. Call it OCD or something but I didn't even want to put the first label on and ruin the aesthetic value of a beautifully designed piece of kit!! Am I sad or what?? ??

Well, that's me registered. Just done the test and paid the fee, I was debating as I was thinking to sell my drone, in fact it's on eBay at the minute. No interest though so I am thinking to keep it as I am pretty sure I would regret selling it plus I have a few extras that I have bought. Hopefully get some nice winter shots if weather is dry & calm and that will spur me on again. It's only £9 after all.

Reg.png I just used what I have to hand and it's a P-touch printer but I like those stencil jobbies
Edit; think I went OTT with the photo editing

Last edited:
Got it. I'll keep mine on my phone if ever it is required. Call it OCD or something but I didn't even want to put the first label on and ruin the aesthetic value of a beautifully designed piece of kit!! Am I sad or what?? ??
thats ok we each have different ideas thats what makes this forum so great ,but as far as the aesthetics are concerned ,when its flying you cant see the labels anyway

Reactions: Bootneck1972
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143