DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK Richmond park Flying field

mavic53

Reactions
In this park which is directly underneath the London Heathrow airport flight path there is a designated flying field From which RC planes have flown for many years. If you use Litchi there is a warning where you are only . In DJI Go 4 there is a splash screen where you have to click that you are authorised and that you accept all responsibility. After clicking it works fine. Nice for distance checks but fairly boring being only grass and trees. For the first time there was one other drone owner operating at the same time. Looked like a phantom but could not be sure.

Reactions: BigDuke6ixx
Do you still need to be a member? I looked into going there but when I applied they said I need recommendations from other members, but I didn't know any other members. Catch 22.

Reactions: SteveM
As a Royal Park I take it that is available to all. I used two batteries worth and nobody said anything . It is fairly remote and I guess it does not get that busy. Avoiding Bank Holidays I would have thought nobody would mind. But as I say it is just trees and grass,

Below a reply from Richmond park (Alan) regarding my request for info about drone fly zones. For more info contact www.royalparks.org.uk

***********************************************************************************************************
On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 at 12:43, Alan Wallace <[email protected]> wrote:

Good afternoon,

You can only fly a drone in our designated area, which is called the flying field. We do not allow recording and if there are any deer on the field, you must wait to fly when they have naturally moved on.

Any questions, please get in contact and I will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Alan Wallace | Administrative Officer | 0300 061 2202 |[email protected]
www.royalparks.org.uk | Richmond Park Office | Holly Lodge | Richmond Park | Surrey | TW10 5HS

The Royal Parks are: Bushy Park | The Green Park | Greenwich Park | Hyde Park | Kensington Gardens | The Regent's Park & Primrose Hill | Richmond Park | St James's Park
The Royal Parks is registered in England and Wales: Company Registration No: 10016100 Registered Charity No: 1172042

Registered Offices: The Old Police House, Hyde Park, London. W2 2UH

***********************************************************************************************************

Last edited:
Reactions: colinfowler
On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 at 12:43, Alan Wallace <[email protected]> wrote:

Good afternoon,

You can only fly a drone in our designated area, which is called the flying field. We do not allow recording and if there are any deer on the field, you must wait to fly when they have naturally moved on.

Any questions, please get in contact and I will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Alan Wallace | Administrative Officer | 0300 061 2202 |[email protected]
www.royalparks.org.uk | Richmond Park Office | Holly Lodge | Richmond Park | Surrey | TW10 5HS

The Royal Parks are: Bushy Park | The Green Park | Greenwich Park | Hyde Park | Kensington Gardens | The Regent's Park & Primrose Hill | Richmond Park | St James's Park
The Royal Parks is registered in England and Wales: Company Registration No: 10016100 Registered Charity No: 1172042

Registered Offices: The Old Police House, Hyde Park, London. W2 2UH

P Please consider the environment before printing this mail
hi Alan and thank you for joining this forum and passing on this info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan