DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to connect nVidia Shield

Humanparody

Reactions
For some reason my nvidia shield will no longer connect to my bottom USB port on the controller.
I've tried multiple usb cables. I can connect my iPhone 7 to the bottom port with any cable and it works just fine and I can get the shield to connect using the included mini USB cable on the side port (with the obvious issue of it being way too short for actual use).

Any ideas?

After connecting your Mavic remote controller to your tablet, swipe down from the top of the screen and choose these settings:

Android-USB-Options-DJI-GO-4.jpg

Reactions: Humanparody
After connecting your Mavic remote controller to your tablet, swipe down from the top of the screen and choose these settings:

View attachment 25474
Thanks the the reply msinger. I'm not seeing that option on my pull down menu but I suspect that's because I am not running the most recent firmware on the device. Once I finish updating I'll see if it works.

I use MTP from the drop down , it works for me every time time, it doesn't have anything to do with the firmware.

Apparently it did have something to do with my Shield's firmware because after updating it, it now connects without issue and I didn't need to do anything else. I do appreciate the help though. As an aside, the setting msinger pointed out in his suggestion that wasn't there did show up after the update. I have no idea how old the firmware was I was running before because...if it ain't broke. Thanks again.

Shield's firmware

"Firmware"? Do you mean version of the operating system - i.e. Marshmallow / Nougat / Oreo?

If you are on Oreo, please keep an eye on how things work, Nougat caused a ton of app crashes for... practically everyone. Oreo may have fixed it but most of us aren't brave enough to try it. I had to revert to Marshmallow from Nougat to be able to fly more than a minute or two without a crash (Marhsmallow is bullet-proof).

Just pay a lot of attention for a while, don't lose your Mavic while it waits for a re-boot. And - best of luck, hopefully the new version fixed the issues.

Or... you actually mean firmware, it's possible.

"Firmware"? Do you mean version of the operating system - i.e. Marshmallow / Nougat / Oreo?

If you are on Oreo, please keep an eye on how things work, Nougat caused a ton of app crashes for... practically everyone. Oreo may have fixed it but most of us aren't brave enough to try it. I had to revert to Marshmallow from Nougat to be able to fly more than a minute or two without a crash (Marhsmallow is bullet-proof).

Just pay a lot of attention for a while, don't lose your Mavic while it waits for a re-boot. And - best of luck, hopefully the new version fixed the issues.

Or... you actually mean firmware, it's possible.

I meant OS, my bad. The Shield is my only Android device so I'm not very familiar with the operating systems. I didn't notice any issues while flying 3 batteries after the update to Nougat. I also have no clue what I just updated from, but as this thread title implies, I had ZERO connection on whatever version that was so Nougat is a giant leap forward in my eyes. I will definitely be more vigilant now that I know that people have been having issues with this OS. Thanks for the heads up.

Interesting. Yep soooo many people had to go backwards from nougat to marshmallow to be able to fly without constant app crashes. Maybe later versions of the app fixed whatever was going wrong.

If you've flown a few times without issue then you should be good to go! You'd know very quickly if you were going to have the issues the rest of us had.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000