DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to upgrade batteries to newest firmware upgrade

chuckm

Reactions
I recently upgraded the Mini firmware to the newest version. But I wasn't aware at the time that the batteries needed to be upgraded. Now that I am aware, I am unable to upgrade my other two batteries (assuming that the one in the AC during the firmware upgrade did, in fact, upgrade). Should I be concerned? How can I do a firmware upgrade on the batteries? While the remote and AC are powered up and connected, I have checked on the firmware version multiple times and It doesn't offer to upgrade batteries. Thanks.

I recently upgraded the Mini firmware to the newest version. But I wasn't aware at the time that the batteries needed to be upgraded. Now that I am aware, I am unable to upgrade my other two batteries (assuming that the one in the AC during the firmware upgrade did, in fact, upgrade). Should I be concerned? How can I do a firmware upgrade on the batteries? While the remote and AC are powered up and connected, I have checked on the firmware version multiple times and It doesn't offer to upgrade batteries. Thanks.
then you should be good to go.

Reactions: WooZie
try to turn off the app, drone and rc, open up again and you will receive the update for battery

Reactions: Thomas B
Mine didn't prompt to upgrade the batteries so I wouldn't worry

Reactions: Thomas B
For me, the notification came on only when everything was connected and i came OUT of the camera view - to the main screen where it says 'go fly' when connected. That's where it said a battery update was available.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to verify what firmware your battery is running and confirm it's running the most current version. Or am I missing something?

For me, the notification came on only when everything was connected and i came OUT of the camera view - to the main screen where it says 'go fly' when connected. That's where it said a battery update was available.
that is correct put a new battery in the drone one that has not been updated do as in post#6 and when the drone and controller are linked turn on the drone and wait for the blue go fly to appear and then you should get the battery update available message touch the screen over the message and then you will see a progress countdown and just wait till it is finished

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to verify what firmware your battery is running and confirm it's running the most current version. Or am I missing something?
if the battery does not require an update then you will not get a message you only get a message if an update is required,not all app updates or firmware updates involve the batteries so in that case you would not be asked to update them,every time you start everything up to fly, the controller and drone do a check to see if everything is as it should be and if it finds an anomaly between anything it will inform you

that is correct put a new battery in the drone one that has not been updated do as in post#6 and when the drone and controller are linked turn on the drone and wait for the blue go fly to appear and then you should get the battery update available message touch the screen over the message and then you will see a progress countdown and just wait till it is finished
Just to add, when swapping to another battery I had to restart the fly app for it to pick up it needed an update.

Your suggestion worked just fine for two of my three batteries. I tried with the third battery several times, to no avail. But I can only assume that the third battery was the one in the drone when I performed the firmware upgrade and it got upgraded at that time. I think I am OK now. Thanks, everyone, for your help. This forum is great!

Reactions: old man mavic
Your suggestion worked just fine for two of my three batteries. I tried with the third battery several times, to no avail. But I can only assume that the third battery was the one in the drone when I performed the firmware upgrade and it got upgraded at that time. I think I am OK now. Thanks, everyone, for your help. This forum is great!
Think you're correct, others have stated that the battery in the drone gets done during the drone firmware update.

Reactions: old man mavic
You're absolutely right. I too got the notification only on two batteries, the one in the AC gets updated alongside when the AC is being updated.

Number your batteries to keep them discernible!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89