DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unbelievable!!

I saw an ultralight flown below 400 feet while scouting an area to fly. The funny thing was that I was out in the country (middle of no where) when I saw it.

Most of my flights are 200-300 feet above ground when I fly. Hopefully that's enough buffer between rogue pilots.
Except they're not rogue pilots. They're operating quite legally under VFR in those areas. Airspace is a shared resource.

Had a close call during the week while filming a crop circle
1f632.png

Winds were about 20 mph and only just heard this microlight coming. After looking a lot higher up where you would expect to see a plane i finally saw it in time to get out the way, i was between 150 and 200 feet and started to decend but realized the plane was lower so just panned round while flying backwards till it had passed and then landed straight away, i was considering shutting the MP down if it looked like there may have been a collision
1f644.png

I then watched the plane circuit and swoop in from the hill behind me for 8 to 10 minutes at least constantly flying low.
I'm 99% sure they never saw my Mavic!

That was a close call but man is it a cool shot! Weird this post popped up, ive been youtubing crop circles all week. Boggles my mind.

Can't microlights pretty much go as low as they want if they're in a rural area? Seems more like bad luck rather than him being an "idiot."
In the UK, microlights are subject to all of the rules in the ANO (Air Navigation Order) - Exactly the same as the "Big Boys."

There is an absolute issue where small manned aircraft are not taking into account the new risk of low flying "other" aircraft, I have a number come up on my VERY low over the years and being costal they like to drop down round the coastline.

Anyone walk to talk about how the hell this crop circle was made.

Did you shoot this in 4K? the way the crops are laying down looks to perfect.

Anyone walk to talk about how the **** this crop circle was made.

Did you shoot this in 4K? the way the crops are laying down looks to perfect.

You do know that Aliens can have OCD too :p

in Los Angeles I've seen helicopters flying below 500 all the time. they don't seem to care.

Crop dusting air craft definitely fly below 400 feet. We must be aware of surroundings.

This is exactly why when i fly i always have my STROBON Cree L.E.D.s enabled. I live in Seattle where hills are 500-600+ ft so add 400ft limit I'm often 1000ft Msl...so it only makes sense to make my Mavic as visible as possible for low flying aircraft that I could be nearing their airspace. Better safe than sorry.

Had a close call during the week while filming a crop circle
1f632.png

Winds were about 20 mph and only just heard this microlight coming. After looking a lot higher up where you would expect to see a plane i finally saw it in time to get out the way, i was between 150 and 200 feet and started to decend but realized the plane was lower so just panned round while flying backwards till it had passed and then landed straight away, i was considering shutting the MP down if it looked like there may have been a collision
1f644.png

I then watched the plane circuit and swoop in from the hill behind me for 8 to 10 minutes at least constantly flying low.
I'm 99% sure they never saw my Mavic!

I use an air traffic scanner to stay updated on local air traffic. Works well.

Reactions: Mavman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying