DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

uncontrolled crash

I’ve flown from under a covered area before, flew out just a little to open sky and then wait for GPS lock before flying any further.
But these days, I just wait for GPS lock before even starting the motors. That means not taking off from under structures that might block GPS lock. Just too risky.

that picture is confusing - is the yellow pin where it finishes? and the other end of the red line where it starts?

that picture is confusing - is the yellow pin where it finishes? and the other end of the red line where it starts?

The yellow pin is the first possibly-accurate GPS data, and then it moves from there. If you compare that track to the non-georeferenced track that I posted earlier you can see where the impact occurred - approximately where the track intersects the white structure.

so my other question after all of this - im noticing a lot of other similar stories where people have lost control of their drone and it has ended up in a, well somewhere like a building, wall, house etc and in pieces - if dji know of such an issue where is there not more info about on some of the issues associated with take off locations like i did on a river bank with lots of concrete and steel and under a fixed building

so my other question after all of this - im noticing a lot of other similar stories where people have lost control of their drone and it has ended up in a, well somewhere like a building, wall, house etc and in pieces - if dji know of such an issue where is there not more info about on some of the issues associated with take off locations like i did on a river bank with lots of concrete and steel and under a fixed building

Your problem was not concrete and steel - it was that you took off with no GPS position lock, and so it was never in P-GPS mode to begin with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeShmoe