DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlawful use of a drone to capture video of killer whales.

Done that once What a place! didnt have a problem Flying. The people at Pebble beach wouldnt let me go out and hit just one ball tho...I wanted to be able to say I played at Pebble beach ! lol (Without spending the oodles of money)!! They didnt let me Fly either I asked. Don't Fly at pebble beach they will shoo you away nicely. lol

Done that once What a place! didnt have a problem Flying. The people at Pebble beach wouldnt let me go out and hit just one ball tho...I wanted to be able to say I played at Pebble beach ! lol (Without spending the oodles of money)!! They didnt let me Fly either I asked. Don't Fly at pebble beach they will shoo you away nicely. lol

Cool!

Unless golf courses are your thing, everything around PB is where the gold is in terms of imagery. Did you fly an FPV drone?

Also, drop me a PM if you're coming up this way, I'd love to get together for some flying, and a few beers – in that order 😁

In fact, I highly recommend an afternoon of flying at Asilomar, then dinner at Sapporo, a Teppanyaki Hibachi-style restaurant like Benihana, but cheaper and just as good.

Reactions: Cafguy
love to sometime Perhaps after I put back the cash I m about to spend on Drones lol. I had My Air2S and I asked the same guy about the Drone when I asked about the Free drive. lol Im not much of a golfer I do live next to one tho they have no problems letting me fly my Drones there as long as they are not busy. (Not many golfers use this one) The Hospital killed the Big stuff Flying last summer when they stuck in a new Heliport thing down the road for Cal Fire.

Golf Course photos? Meh.

FPV the Avata 2 all around a GC? Now that's something I'd like to do some time 👍🏻

re: Cal Fire... Are you in restricted airspace now, or just a warning zone?

Just a warning zone I am less than 6 miles away I am also 7 miles away from the Bakersfield Airport and right on the ILS approach. The planes are 1500 ft above me at times We have a radio tower nearby that keeps the aircraft at at least 1500. I have gotten permission to fly in my area lots of times in the past But now... to much heli traffic at times to even try. BUT I can drive right down the street with my buddies to a place with more swing sets and stuff lol and be in the clear. So not really worth all the permissions stuff... besides I mainly fly tiny whoops around here- 70 grams or less 1c battery types SO not a big hassle

The federal agency is warning drone operators (Not at all...)
I cannot but wonder why folks read some Internet "news" article and take it for granted that it is true and accurate… Why? My guess is that the article was "AI" (Always Inaccurate…) generated…

If the OP had only done just a "tinsey bit" of googling, they would have found out that at the very least, the "304 Meter" reference was completely inaccurate…

OK, so I have a question - There’s a blue dotted line along most of the coastline, it even extends between the pier in Santa Cruz past Palm Beach:

IMG_2539.jpeg

Based on the chart symbol key here (See “wildlife, and recreational area depiction” figures 2 and 3), it’s depicted as having a minimum altitude for flyover requested to be 2000’ AGL.

Is this the correct meaning of that blue dotted line?

I cannot but wonder why folks read some Internet "news" article and take it for granted that it is true and accurate… Why? My guess is that the article was "AI" (Always Inaccurate…) generated…

If the OP had only done just a "tinsey bit" of googling, they would have found out that at the very least, the "304 Meter" reference was completely inaccurate…

Did you read this:
"

Viewing marine mammals from the air​

The noise and presence of aircraft (including drones) can disturb wildlife both in the water or on land.

When an aircraft is being operated at an altitude of less than 304.8 metres (1,000 feet) within a radius of one-half nautical mile from a marine mammal, it cannot perform a flight manoeuvre. A flight manoeuvre includes taking-off, landing or altering the course or altitude of the aircraft. This is to prohibit the purpose of bringing the aircraft closer to the marine mammal or otherwise disturbing it.

Drones are discouraged for viewing marine mammals unless appropriate permits are obtained. For more information on licensing and permitting, please visit: Application instructions for the authorization of marine mammal disturbance."
1724369437841.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
熊大熊二